1/6 Hot Toys - Sleepy Hollow: Ichabod Crane Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got mine today..not as bad as i had read about..not too shabby..wife will love him...he does look like Depp moreso in person than the pics..
11076239_10203941390630297_653404215_n.jpg

It's the best Sleepy Hollow figure we are ever likely to get. I think unfortunately its a take or leave it situation.
:lol

Unfortunately, I ended up leaving it. I cancelled my PO a while back.
This is one of my favorite movies by Depp...one that I've seen many many times.
I was actually ok with the proto eventhough people were divided on it. I was on the positive side and could see a younger Depp...one that people seem
to forget that this is one of his older movies and that you shouldnt compare to what he looks now.

But the final production paintjob to me did not live up to the proto. It irks me that the dazed, lifeless, staring into nothingness is very apparant to the sculpt.
One that I would have to use the glasses to compensate.

Maybe I may pick it up down the line, and try to repaint it myself. Just dont have the time at the moment.

Situations like that, if it bothered me, typically just a magic eraser and/or a sharpie.

It's not just the paint missing. I can paint the buttons no problem. It's the fact that the paint smeared into the vest. The vest has paint on it. Not sure exactly how to remove paint from a black vest but I'm not willing to mess this up any more when I can call sideshow and get a brand new vest.

At some point i'm gonna make a horseman to go with this. I have to try.

I have thought about pulling an interest list together for a while. The only issue is how the heck the chest armor and boots get made... It's a complicated one! If you wanted to spearhead an interest list with me to make a run, I am all aboard. It must have a removable Walken sculpt haha.

It's not just the paint missing. I can paint the buttons no problem. It's the fact that the paint smeared into the vest. The vest has paint on it. Not sure exactly how to remove paint from a black vest but I'm not willing to mess this up any more when I can call sideshow and get a brand new vest.

Do both. Contact SSC and Hot Toys. Try a sharpie or dark pen to put black over the white paint, was what I meant. Another option may be Goof Off. Always test before you do this tho.

I oddly have a desire to own this, and I can't understand why. I haven't seen the movie, it's not a particularly "exciting" figure, but something about this is awesome.

I don't have as many complaints with the likeness as everyone else, it's not perfect, but it's identifiable for sure.

Maybe this is one that'll end up on a Sideshow Black Friday sale. I'm not out to drop $230+ on this guy, but if I could get him for the Mechanic Price range I would definitely consider it.

Is one of the hands a bendy one? I've seen multiple pictures where it looks like it has pock marks to handle the bending of the wires internally. Why else would it have the pocks?

His hands had scars in the movie. If you watch it you will see as a child he accidentally stabs his hands on a torture chair and gets scars permanently on his hands. It's actually screen accurate.

Finally got my replacement vest. Looks much better but the buttons still look clear like diamonds instead of black. Are they supposed to look like that?

I like Sleepy Hollow. Its a great movie to watch leading up to Halloween. I do it every year since I saw this in theaters!
It's the eyes that are off.
Yup...to wide....

and I am in on a horseman.....the Mcfarlane one is pretty cool and it a table center piece every Halloween.

8144436368_612c48f752_b.jpg

Yeah, this is a nice looking figure but the likeness to Depp is lacking. The eyes and the lack of better cheekbones are what hurt it, IMO. While Depp looks noticeably younger in SH, he's always had prominent cheekbones that are one of his standout features.

But regardless, an Ichabod Crane without a Headless Horseman doesn't do much for me.

Even though I love the movie and it's probably one of my favorite "Halloween" movies....to be honest, I would rather have Tom Mison Crane and Redcoat Horseman of Death Headless from the Fox show at this point. The horseman on a pale horse with the red eyes, wielding a broadaxe and armed to the teeth.... YES.

My lack of interest in Depp post Dark Shadows has something to do with my feelings, too, probably.

I love the Headless Horseman in general, so I would still get a film Headless without hesitation. I just would absolutely adore the one from the tv show.

Back