Green Lantern: The Motion Picture

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SkyShowbiz.com has released a spy picture from the set of the DC comics adaptation Green Lantern, which is currently filming in New Orleans, Louisiana. The image is our first look at actor Peter Sarsgaard wearing prosthetics and make-up to portray Hal Jordan/Ryan Reynold's nemesis Hector Hammond:

PeterSarsgaardasHectorHammond01.jpg

A first look at this movie will appear on the Clash of the Titans Blu Ray for those interested.

MOAR: :D :D

Mark Strong Heading to Green Lantern Movie Set

Production on Martin Campbell's Green Lantern hasn't slowed down since day one. The majority of the film's main cast, Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively, Peter Sarsgaard and Temuera Morrison, have been spotted filming scenes throughout the New Orleans, LA, area.

A few weeks ago, we learned that veteran comic book movie actor Mark Strong will head to the New Orleans set of Green Lantern this June to begin filming his scenes. Strong has been cast to portray Hal Jordan's Lantern Corps teammate and mentor Sinestro in the comic adaptation.

We also learned Sinestro will indeed have his famous widow’s peak and thin mustache in the film; also, Strong has already been fitted for "special Sinestro contact lenses."

Today, Londan based voice agency Another Tongue, which represents Mark Strong for voice casting, revealed that he will be taking a break from the John Carter set sooner than expected:

"MARK STRONG is heading over to New Orleans this month to do make-up tests for his role in "Green Lantern" as Sinestro."

There has been no word yet from the studio if Strong is the only actor being called down for make-up tests. Temuera Morrison who portrays Abin Sur, the alien predecessor to Hal Jordan, filmed his scene for the movie last month in Madisonville, LA. Hopefully, fans will soon get the information they've been waiting for: final casting decisions for the film's other Lanterns Kilowog, Tomar-Re and Salaak.

Via ComicBookMovie.com

Mark Strong talks Sinestro

Quote:
I spoke this week to Strong -- the British character actor who often plays villains, including in "Kick-Ass" and "Sherlock Holmes" -- for "Robin Hood," but I also wanted to ask him about his upcoming role in "Green Lantern." Strong will play Sinestro, the eventual bad guy to Ryan Reynolds' Lantern. Here's what he revealed.

* Like all the superheroes in the film, Sinestro's costume will be CG.

* His make-up will involve prostethetics.

* The film is being shot in New Orleans but is not set there.

* The tone will be closer to "Iron Man" than "The Dark Knight." "'The Dark Knight' is very dark and gloomy, and it's the exception," Strong says. "But certainly 'Iron Man' and 'Green Lantern' share some DNA. One's Marvel and one's DC, and I know comic aficionados would be appalled that they share anything, but. I think as they translate to the screen, what they deliver is action and some humor."

* Sinestro will speak with Strong's natural English accent. "All the Green Lanterns are able to communicate with each other in a common language because of their rings, so it doesn't really matter what accent they use," Strong says. "I talked about it with [director] Martin Campbell, and an English accent suits the character."

SkyShowbiz.com has released a spy picture from the set of the DC comics adaptation Green Lantern, which is currently filming in New Orleans, Louisiana. The image is our first look at actor Peter Sarsgaard wearing prosthetics and make-up to portray Hal Jordan/Ryan Reynold's nemesis Hector Hammond:

PeterSarsgaardasHectorHammond01.jpg

That's awesome. Looks like one of the people from the "Hills Have Eyes" remakes. Very nasty looking.

While we've been getting plenty of set pics, including the the recent first look at Peter Sarsgaard in costume on the set of "Green Lantern, we've yet to see the film's star Ryan Reynolds suit up, until now thanks to MTV. Well hes not actually suited in costume, but suited up in the full motion-capture suit that will help render the actual costume in CGI.

reynolds-gl.jpg

Previously, "Green Lantern" co-writer and producer Greg Berlanti said the film's team was "on lockdown" about the look they're going for with the live-action Hal Jordan, though DC Entertainment's Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns seemed to confirm that Reynolds' costume will be more CGI than actual clothing.

This worries me a bit. It takes what they've done with Iron Man which is renders part of the suit via CGI to the next and I'm not sure it'll work. Fingers crossed.

This worries me a bit. It takes what they've done with Iron Man which is renders part of the suit via CGI to the next and I'm not sure it'll work. Fingers crossed.

After seeing this....
ac0510im239.jpg

and with my faith in Campbell, I trust GL will be fine.

hopefully

It would be really cool to see a GL movie. Then I can throw another special screening movie night like I did with Iron Man 2.

I've been wondering how Ryan reynolds will look after all the CGI is applied to him and his suit, and here's our first official image--not quite what I was expecting:

greenlanternlicense2.jpg

"* The tone will be closer to "Iron Man" than "The Dark Knight." "'The Dark Knight' is very dark and gloomy, and it's the exception," Strong says. "But certainly 'Iron Man' and 'Green Lantern' share some DNA. One's Marvel and one's DC, and I know comic aficionados would be appalled that they share anything, but. I think as they translate to the screen, what they deliver is action and some humor."

WHY...WHY.....WHY!! WHY are they so hell bent on ruining this movie! I had a dreaded feeing this movie was gonna go down the CAMPY COMEDY DRAIN the moment Renolyds got cast! IRON MAN sucked ass from all the toung in cheek crap. Renoyalds is on for Kyle & the freakin GIGGLES, but NOT HAL!!!!!!! pfft...Jesus weaped.

"Some Humor" doesn't turn it into a comedy. :rolleyes:

man....haven't you learned to read between the lines on these kinds of movies yet? Example: WHEN EVER you hear a director say things like:

"this is a feel good movie"

"its a popcorn summer movie"

"its a movie that's just ment to enjoy & not read to much in to"

DUDE!!!!! all of that is movie Director lingo code for:

I LAYED THE BIGGEST EGG!!!

THIS THING IS GONNA STINK!!!

I GOT LOST IN THE MAKING & HAD NO CLUE WTF I WAS DOING!!!

PLEASE FORGIVE ME MY TRESSPASSES & JUST LOOK AT THE COOL SPECIAL EFFECTS & DON'T BLAME ME FOR THE POOR SCRIPT & ACTING.....OR THE CASTING FOR THAT MATTER.

:rotfl man you better get with the lingo if you wanna avoid bombs like Michael Bay's Transformers, fantastic 4, Xmen3, Spider-man3, ect ect.

Last edited by a moderator:
"* The tone will be closer to "Iron Man" than "The Dark Knight." "'The Dark Knight' is very dark and gloomy, and it's the exception," Strong says. "But certainly 'Iron Man' and 'Green Lantern' share some DNA. One's Marvel and one's DC, and I know comic aficionados would be appalled that they share anything, but. I think as they translate to the screen, what they deliver is action and some humor."

WHY...WHY.....WHY!! WHY are they so hell bent on ruining this movie! I had a dreaded feeing this movie was gonna go down the CAMPY COMEDY DRAIN the moment Renolyds got cast! IRON MAN sucked ass from all the toung in cheek crap. Renoyalds is on for Kyle & the freakin GIGGLES, but NOT HAL!!!!!!! pfft...Jesus weaped.

Im pretty sure 90% of the population thinks that RDJ's "toung in cheek crap" was what made the movie what it was. another term for tongue in cheek humor is smart or subtle humor. People that don't quite understand it tend to find it boring or tedious.

I agree that reynolds is more of a Kyle Rayner casting...but I have a feeling that the movies Hal Jordan is going to be a combo of all the white Lanterns. John Stewart will still exist in the Lantern movie-verse ...but it would be confusing for non-comic fans to have 3 other lanterns floating around. If I am right, Reynolds is going to be cocky, humorous, fearless, witty, creative and confrontational. Which will encompass Hal, Guy and Ryan!

I think this movie is going to be loads better then Iron Man 1+2 combined and Thor and Captain America, i tend to favor more how DC handles their movies.

Im pretty sure 90% of the population thinks that RDJ's "toung in cheek crap" was what made the movie what it was. another term for tongue in cheek humor is smart or subtle humor. People that don't quite understand it tend to find it boring or tedious.

I agree that reynolds is more of a Kyle Rayner casting...but I have a feeling that the movies Hal Jordan is going to be a combo of all the white Lanterns. John Stewart will still exist in the Lantern movie-verse ...but it would be confusing for non-comic fans to have 3 other lanterns floating around. If I am right, Reynolds is going to be cocky, humorous, fearless, witty, creative and confrontational. Which will encompass Hal, Guy and Ryan!

So......its your belief that an audiance can wrap their heads around 3 GL. But not John?? your lucky I'm not the kind of brotha that plays the race card quick :wink1:

any who.....

The way things are looking now the movie is shaping up just like all the other Hero SI FI movies where the screen writer & director are CLUELESS about the core of the mythos. I'm sure it will make money just as IM did. But it will also wax cold with disapointment just as fast.....if not faster. :monkey2

So......its your belief that an audiance can wrap their heads around 3 GL. But not John?? your lucky I'm not the kind of brotha that plays the race card quick :wink1:

any who.....

The way things are looking now the movie is shaping up just like all the other Hero SI FI movies where the screen writer & director are CLUELESS about the core of the mythos. I'm sure it will make money just as IM did. But it will also wax cold with disapointment just as fast.....if not faster. :monkey2

I said an audience CAN'T wrap their heads around 3 green lanterns, and that John Stewart WOULD exist in the movie-verse. So I don't know what "race card" could be played their. I was essentially saying John could add something to the movie, while 2 additional white green lanterns wouldn't be needed......

Secondly, if you read the comic books at all...you would have read "Secret Origin" by Geoff Johns, who most definitely understands the mythos. I'm happy to say that it seems the movie is following the basic outline of the "Secret Origins", WHICH, by the way, contains a bar fight scene between Hal Jordan and pre-lantern John Stewart!!

I said an audience CAN'T wrap their heads around 3 green lanterns, and that John Stewart WOULD exist in the movie-verse. So I don't know what "race card" could be played their. I was essentially saying John could add something to the movie, while 2 additional white green lanterns wouldn't be needed......

Secondly, if you read the comic books at all...you would have read "Secret Origin" by Geoff Johns, who most definitely understands the mythos. I'm happy to say that it seems the movie is following the basic outline of the "Secret Origins", WHICH, by the way, contains a bar fight scene between Hal Jordan and pre-lantern John Stewart!!

yeah, I read John was gonna have a brief cameo.

Back