Green Lantern: The Motion Picture

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as will Guy Gardner but neither one of them as Lanterns.

Here is the official conceptual mock up:

12064L.jpg

and the iconic image it was based off of.

11904L.jpg

It looks like producers have settled with "Green Lantern Corps Power Ring Version 2" was introduced in the comic in 1976 for Hal Jordan....most people will mistaken it for a Kyle ring....seen here most notably:
glring.jpg

The mask is definitely redesigned also, notice the banding on the chest and gloves? Gives the costume a bit more texture ironically for something completely CGI. I am interested though to see the whole thing now that they've confirmed its more inspired by and not retooling of the original costume. I also find it interesting that at least conceptually they want some sort of transparency over the eyes instead of just the eye black like Batman or the Comedian.

The Logo is official:
green-lantern-logo.jpg

Teaser Poster:
green-lantern-promo1-e1275741286716.jpg

"Anyone Can be Chosen" is the official tagline for the film for merchandising.

Check this ____ out:
screenshot003ri.jpg

From the licensing expo, interesting that 1: Hal is front and center and that 2: That Blue/Gray Bats is shown instead of a TDK version as would be expected. Looks like GL is getting an even bigger push via DC/WB that was expected as early rumors show that they want food, grocery, cereal, toy, clothing, jewelry, video game and novelty tie-ins which is too off set the year which is jammed packed with releases.

I wonder if they are courting Pepsi to get the full tie-in capabilities that we saw with the SW Prequels...remember all of that?

You'll get at least a Hal GL, they can print whatever they want but the fact is all the Mattel ____ will be out in full force before the film even debuts. DC hopes its a smash TDK style so it can bleed it dry but TDK was a perfect storm. There is so much releasing around it that it'll take a brillant marketing strategy to really make it standout and of course the film itself.

Can't wait to see Reynolds in costume! Also anxious to see Lively in character as well. Comic Con can't come soon enough...

Lively will most likely be in regular dress with a black wig. Carol really doesn't have much to do in this particular origin. Although is already scoffing at the possibility of donning a Star Sapphire costume in interviews so she could be replaced if this thing is super popular and continues past a sequel. Rumors are that the first teaser images of Reynolds in costume (CGI'd) will show up at SDCC so you might get your wish....

Check this ____ out:
screenshot003ri.jpg

From the licensing expo, interesting that 1: Hal is front and center and that 2: That Blue/Gray Bats is shown instead of a TDK version as would be expected. Looks like GL is getting an even bigger push via DC/WB that was expected as early rumors show that they want food, grocery, cereal, toy, clothing, jewelry, video game and novelty tie-ins which is too off set the year which is jammed packed with releases.

I wonder if they are courting Pepsi to get the full tie-in capabilities that we saw with the SW Prequels...remember all of that?

I think this is just a generic DC mock up and Hal being up front is due to 2011 being his year. Notice Batman and Superman have the same pose. You'll also notice that Zatanna is up front before Wonder Woman, as is J'onn even though both Z and MM are (arguably second tier characters). Batgirl is in there but it's Babs and not Stephanie (current BG).

Lively will most likely be in regular dress with a black wig. Carol really doesn't have much to do in this particular origin. Although is already scoffing at the possibility of donning a Star Sapphire costume in interviews so she could be replaced if this thing is super popular and continues past a sequel. Rumors are that the first teaser images of Reynolds in costume (CGI'd) will show up at SDCC so you might get your wish....

If we don't see the suit at SDCC, it will be a epic FAIL.

Honestly it'd be disappointing but not exactly an EPIC FAIL. So much of the film is unknown and unseen. Shots of OA, shots of constructs, shots of other Lanterns, Parallax (yes, Legion was retooled into Parallax in the final draft of the script), even Hal in civilian clothes would be great. I could see them showing a lot other than Hal but the odds are good at seeing him in some form at SDCC.

If I get a look at the final film ring and at an Alien Lantern I'll be happy. So much is CGI though it'll be rendered and unfinished there I'm sure since the trend is getting everything moving up until the week before release or a few days in Iron Man 2's case.

I got a bad feeling Ryan is gonna sound all wrong saying the Oath.

That is if they have half a brain & remember to put the Oath in the damn movie. But its gonna be hard taking dude seriously saying it........he's just not Hal! This guy is Kyle at best.

I waS a little skeptical wen i first heard Reynolds had the roll, but he is a funny guy and hes pretty built. More importantly i think he would of had to of given a good performance for Cambell to cast him, this movies a pretty big deal for WB/DC, its there 2011 Tentpole. Im HYPE!

Uhm...because if you are a movie studio and want to create enormous word of mouth as well as media buzz with your target Demographic, SDCC is the place to do it.

I understand, but it's not an EPic Fail.

I would rather them increase the buzz by getting it right and not rushing.

Honestly it'd be disappointing but not exactly an EPIC FAIL. So much of the film is unknown and unseen. Shots of OA, shots of constructs, shots of other Lanterns, Parallax (yes, Legion was retooled into Parallax in the final draft of the script), even Hal in civilian clothes would be great. I could see them showing a lot other than Hal but the odds are good at seeing him in some form at SDCC.

If I get a look at the final film ring and at an Alien Lantern I'll be happy. So much is CGI though it'll be rendered and unfinished there I'm sure since the trend is getting everything moving up until the week before release or a few days in Iron Man 2's case.

:goodpost::exactly:

I got a bad feeling Ryan is gonna sound all wrong saying the Oath.

That is if they have half a brain & remember to put the Oath in the damn movie. But its gonna be hard taking dude seriously saying it........he's just not Hal! This guy is Kyle at best.

That was part of his audition was to memorize and recite the oath. It was one of the first things we heard about when Reynolds was cast.

You have to remember that Hal Jordan was always based on a young Paul Newman.

paul-newman2.jpg

Looking at Ryan, I'd say they did pretty damn good casting at least looks wise.

ryan_reynolds_drag_queen_for_new_movie.jpg

In terms of performance, this wasn't a Joe Johnston "I'll hire Johnny Storm without testing him" kind of thing, Reynolds was put through the audition ringer, Bradley Cooper talked about how when he was auditioning they had him say lines, put on a mask and say lines, shout the oath and that it was all very tough to get right. If Reynolds made it through that I have no reason to doubt him now.

Back