Green Lantern: The Motion Picture

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I basically just hate the lemming mentality. Survivor comes on TV and does well....300 new reality TV shows show up. Heroes did well in season 1....300 new supernatural/fantasy shows pop up. Most of which fail miserably because they arent well thought out, they are just trying to piggy back on the originators success.

In other words, if something works for one show/movie...lets just LET that movie have its success and chalk it up to an acception to the rule. I don't have anything against 3-D...I simply HATE the "OMG, AVATAR broke records...lets do 3-D!" responses. Avatar is the exception!! 9 out of 10 times forcing a movie into a niche leads to a worse movie!!

Everything will be 3D for a while. It's fine when it's part of the production process like Avatar, but I don't plan to see Clash of the Titans in 3D if I can avoid it. It wasn't shot that way and was just done in post - there seems little reason for it in cases like that.

Everything will be 3D for a while. It's fine when it's part of the production process like Avatar, but I don't plan to see Clash of the Titans in 3D if I can avoid it. It wasn't shot that way and was just done in post - there seems little reason for it in cases like that.

Exactly. It'll probably look like one of those cheesy 80s movies that had 3D.

While I dislike this whole 3D fad going on with movies, I can see 3D working for GL. From the glow of the ring, to Oa and action sequences this could be interesting. Plus it gives me another reason to see it more than once (1st in 3D then again in 2D).

Does that mean that the movie will ONLY be shown in 3D? Or that there will be a 3D version in addition to the regular movie?

Personally I don't like 3D (I think it takes away from the overall look and composition of the frame by forcing the viewer to focus on one point instead of taking in the whole vista), and I tried to find Avatar playing NOT in 3D, but everywhere in my area they were only showing the 3D version. It's fine if they want to make every movie from now on in 3D, but I hope they still show a regular version as well.

Ryan Reynolds' Green Lantern Costume Is Snug In All The Right Places

Last night at the Oscars, Ryan Reynolds let slip a few superhero details about working on the Green Lantern film in New Orleans. Specifically about his Green Lantern Corps uniform, and how it hangs on his new superhero figure.

[E!] Your trainer Bobby was telling me that you're really really working hard in New Orleans.

[Ryan Reynolds']Everyday he turns me into a fine cottage cheese, curd-like pudding. That is for Green Lantern. But it's worth it. The movie is going to be fantastic, so I'm really happy with it.

[E!]What was it like when you put on the costume for the first time?

[Ryan Reynolds]Um, it ah snug. The costume is snug. It doesn't leave a lot, uh, it doesn't really camouflage too much. So it's going to be interesting.

[E!]Some people are probably interested in that.

[Ryan Reynolds]Yes maybe. I think that once I stop blushing, which will be about month three of production, it should all be equalized.

[via E News]

hmm... interesting... that to me suggests a more spandex look that I was hoping. But I hope i'm wrong. I think there needs to be a body armour element to it for it to make the leap from comic book to big screen.

hmm... interesting... that to me suggests a more spandex look that I was hoping. But I hope i'm wrong. I think there needs to be a body armour element to it for it to make the leap from comic book to big screen.

If I had to guess, I would imagine that there will be CGI componants to the spandex suit. I mean, its supposed to be a light construct, so I doubt basic spandex would fit the bill all by itself. Could be wrong though!

Cant agree with you more!!!, i heard Cameron was a little ticked off that alot of studios are saying its gonna be 3D wen its not shot like that. It will prob only be some scenes, make a spear will fly twords you. Nothing like AVATR were u feel like ur on Pandora

Cant agree with you more!!!, i heard Cameron was a little ticked off that alot of studios are saying its gonna be 3D wen its not shot like that. It will prob only be some scenes, make a spear will fly twords you. Nothing like AVATR were u feel like ur on Pandora

I might change my stance though after seeing Alice in Wonderland. I've heard that it wasn't shot 3D but dimensionalized in post. And the results really enhanced the movie going experience. So I'm at a loss as to how I'll see Clash.

Some new GL news
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Temuera Morrison has joined the cast as Sur. Morrison is best known for playing Jango Fett in the last two "Star Wars" films but has also appeared in films such as "Once Were Warriors," "Speed 2: Cruise Control," "Vertical Limit" and, most recently, "Couples Retreat." It's unclear how closely Sur's character will be to his comic origins.

The filmmakers have also cast New Zealand filmmaker Taiki Waititi in a previously unrevealed role as Jordan's best friend. Waititi is best known for directing the indies "Eagle vs. Shark," "Boy" and episodes of the HBO series "Flight of the Conchords."

Check it out...

thering.jpg

DSC07188.JPG

Full update on shooting. It looks like they are shooting the Bar Scene from Emerald Dawn I....but he doesn't have the ring at that point so I'm wondering what retooling has gone on....

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/green_lantern/news/?a=15901

Who is Nick Jones?
And why is he in New Orleans on the set of Green Lantern? Follow the jump to see what I've found...
It is time, yet again, for some good old ComicBookMovie.com investigative work; or as I call it, Operation: Speculation. Let’s get the facts straight first:

- Martin Campbell’s Green Lantern began principal photography yesterday at a bar in New Orleans. Thanks to our own CBM scooper Kenny, we’ve seen the first set pictures of Ryan Reynolds /Hal Jordan possibly wearing his Green Lantern ring.

- There are only two bars referenced in Hal Jordan’s origin stories. One, in Emerald Dawn, shows Ferris Aircraft employee Hal sitting with coworkers having a few drinks. The second (and most recent), in Secret Origins, shows Air Force pilot Hal having a confrontation with a Marine by the name of John Stewart.

Now, on to the fun part. Nick Jones is a former Marine who is currently an actor and model. He has a yet to be disclosed role in the Green Lantern film. I’ve followed him on Twitter over the past few days, but only today made contact with him. Here are the relevant tweets for your viewing pleasure (read it bottom to top for chronological order):

tw.jpg

And here is the picture Nick tweeted of himself on set with Ryan Reynolds:

nickjones.jpg

Can you see where I’m heading with this yet? Maybe I can make the association a bit clearer. . .

My educated guess is that Nick Jones' small role in Green Lantern is the Jon Stewart cameo fans have asked for.

John Stewart, an architect and Marine before joining the Green Lantern Corps, has been a fan favorite Lantern for many years and has been featured in several DC animated cartoons.

I now pose the question to you all; could Nick Jones be our feature film John Stewart? And if so, do you see Stewart having a larger role in the Green Lantern sequel? You know the drill, Confirm or Debunk below!

greenlantern3.jpg

Hal and John fighting in the bar scene from Secret Origins.
glso03.jpg

Yeah if he isn't Stewart they've made a big mistake. Without knowing a single thing about that guy, I say he will make a great John Stewart. At least he looks just like him! I just hope he can act :lol

Back