Green Lantern: The Motion Picture

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea i read that, the studio is so impressed with what they have seen they have commissioned writers for Num2 and supposedly teh flash as well.

thats nice of them

Green Lantern 2 just got green lit! :google

this calls for my favorite "Archer" catch phrase...."HOLY S!!T SNACKS!!!" Get the hell out of Dodge! :horror

hmmm, this is an interesting development....*strokes 5 O'Clock shadow*.

well then. we shall see indeed.

In terms of performance, this wasn't a Joe Johnston "I'll hire Johnny Storm without testing him" kind of thing, Reynolds was put through the audition ringer, Bradley Cooper talked about how when he was auditioning they had him say lines, put on a mask and say lines, shout the oath and that it was all very tough to get right. If Reynolds made it through that I have no reason to doubt him now.

Well said, Mike. :goodpost:

More on the situation via The Hollywood Reporter:

“Green Lantern” is a year away from release, but Warner Bros. already is starting development on a sequel.

The studio has hired Greg Berlanti, Michael Green and Marc Guggenheim, all of whom worked on the “Lantern” screenplay, to write a treatment for the second installment.

The trio has also been tapped to pen the treatment for the silver-screen incarnation of “The Flash.”

Under the deal, they would then go on to write the screenplay for one of the two projects, though which one has not been determined.

“Lantern” is shooting in New Orleans under the direction of Martin Campbell with Ryan Reynolds starring as the emerald ring-wielding DC Comics superhero who is part of an intergalactic police force known as the Green Lantern Corps.

Development on a second installment this far out from a movie’s release date is rare, signaling the studio’s confidence in what it sees so far.

It also appears to be the first moves the studio is making under its newly configured relationship with DC.

In September, DC was reorganized to bring it closer to Warners, with Diane Nelson named president of newly created DC Entertainment. In February, artist Jim Lee and executive editor Dan DiDio were named publishers of DC Comics. Star writer Geoff Johns was appointed chief creative officer of DCE, with the aim of bridging the comics and filmed entertainment sides.

With new Batman and Superman films in the writing stages and “Lantern” filming, the team thought “Flash” was the next logical hero to tackle.

Development on a feature version of the scarlet speedster has gone through several false starts over the years, but the character is close to Johns’ heart. The writer recently brought back to prominence one version of the character not seen since the mid-1980s and is working on a relaunch of the series.

The “Flash” film will take inspiration from Johns’ recent work and will feature the Barry Allen incarnation of the character. (In comics lore, several names have wielded the Flash mantle, though Allen, created in 1956, remains by far the most popular.)

Berlanti, creator of “Everwood,” recently directed the feature “Life as We Know it,” starring Katherine Heigl, and is a showrunner on ABC’s “Brothers and Sisters.” He co-created “Eli Stone” with Guggenheim, who is exec producing ABC’s upcoming superhero drama “No Ordinary Family,” starring Michael Chiklis.

Someone is pissed at The Green Lantern for its upcoming tagline:

https://www.ugo.com/movies/martin-campbell-green-lantern-tagline-rant

this guy is a GRAND DELUXE ASS HOLE! He miss quotes the tag line simply for the purpose of going on a nerd tempertantrum fulled rant.

IT DOSE NOT SAY ANYONE CAN JOIN! It dose say any one can be chosen, or tapped by the Guardians to bare the ring. Matter of fact the line is Biblical in nature. Its written in the "good book", "that many are called, but few are chosen". So if this blob of wet dookie has a problem with that then ring God's door bell & b*!ch to him.

But more importantly the tag line serves to speak to the vast diversity of the Green lantern Corps. The big zero claim to know so much about the GL mythos but gaffes his was thru the entire rant. :monkey1

yes......COULD BE. not will. & yeah, if your grand mother fits the psy profile of the Corps. matter of fact, its strange you said that. I'm always tinkering with scripts & plots as an amiture writer. & was thinking just the other day the a 65 year old woman would make a cool GL. Remember people, its the ring that gives them their power. physical fits jocks in their prime will die every bit as fast in the vaccume of space if they lose their concentration & life support field as a grand mother would.

so yeah......any one could be chosen, as long as they are the right "any one".

Hmmm, so many so called GL fans, yet so many seem to have neglected the 1st principal of whelding the power of the Ring.

THE MIND IS THE WEAPON!

That's not the first principal.....the first principal of wielding a green ring is that you must be driven by will and have no fear. The mind creates the constructs so the mind is a weapon that is definitely true but it isn't a principality. That being said I agree with Queenie guys. One it's just a tagline so who cares it's marketing and two ANYONE CAN BE CHOSEN! Your grandmother, your 3 year old daughter...the main thing about the ring is that it seeks out those with the most showing of will, as we saw with Blackest Night, it's whomever shows it right at the moment. If a GL died and your grandmother showed more will around them than anyone else she'd get it. She might die right after battle but she'd get it, that is part of the Oan connection. It's all driven will not the physical make up of the individual as we've seen over and over in the books.

& seeing as how in connecting dots for those who can't do it for them self. Allow me to point this out. The phrase is ment to cause the reader to question their own "worthiness". To engender the concept of honer & loyalty to that which is truly right.

Well I know people who don't have the willpower to get out of bed before noon. So you can't include them in that tagline.

It's not the worst logo in the world, but if they don't mean everyone when they say anyone, maybe they should have gone with something less ambiguous

Actually Geoff Johns said himself in an interview at the tagline is supposed to be for kids to have fun with following the spirit of the Green Lanterns therefore showing will and the desire to protect. The tagline was purely made to move product and show that since anyone CAN be chosen that someone with the qualities of Hal Jordan would always be chosen and therefore get kids to want to be like him. But I like what you said too. It's only to move product guys nothing more.

Which contradicts the logo on the poster

how so? The logo means any one who possess all the qualities I just listed above. & as its already been said, the tag is ment to cause the reader to take pause & question them self.

maybe you should wonder why it did not have that affect on you.

Matter of fact....OMG, dare I say I think we have a real life barrometer of who might be considered for a Ring. Hmm.....

how so? The logo means any one who possess all the qualities I just listed above. & as its already been said, the tag is ment to cause the reader to take pause & question them self.

maybe you should wonder why it did not have that affect on you.

Matter of fact....OMG, dare I say I think we have a real life barrometer of who might be considered for a Ring. Hmm.....

:lol:lol:lol
Goodnight mate

Check this out:

"We got to the set around 4:45 am (call time was 5:00am due to wardrobe fittings for 25+ extras).

When we got to the set they actually made us Ferris Air badges with our real names on them.

They had huge Ferris and American flags hanging, and an experimental prop plane in the center with ropes around it.

Two Ferris personnel carts bringing senator Hammond and some other business men around the plane (marked United States Air Force) to their destination (the hangar with the experimental plane).

Tim Robbins (Senator Hammond), Jay O. Sanders (Carl Ferris) and Deke Anderson (4 Star General) were all in the carts getting transported to the other hangar.

Ryan Reynolds and Peter Sarsgaard were scheduled to be in the scene"

When we got back I did manage to go behind the wardrobe rack nearest to me and snap a shot of a Ferris air logo on a jumpsuit [and airport exit]:

12563L.jpg

12564L.jpg

via Comic Book Movie.com

Back