THE FLASH - The Motion Picture

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
Since this has some actual movement on it let's thread it.

The Flash movie moves towards the filming stage with Bradley Cooper as The Flash?

The script for The Flash is nearing completion, with writers Marc Guggenheim and Michael Greene just about ready to turn the script over to Warner Bros and we’ve already got our first good casting rumor: Bradley Cooper as The Flash.

Hmm… I like Cooper. He was great in The Hangover and in The A-Team, and if I had been old enough to comment on such things with perspective, I might have been highly skeptical of Michael Keaton in the role of Batman, but he worked out great, so if this is true, I’ll just have to see. I’m also not all that familiar with the character of The Flash to really know exactly what sort of qualities Bradley Cooper might have to embody in the role, so someone who’s a Flash expert please enlighten me.

A script of The Flash is currently being polished and perfected by screenwriters Marc Guggenheim and Michael Green. As they are preparing to turn the script over to Warner Bros. and the studio is looking for the film's star. There's a possibility that Bradley Cooper will be their man.

The studio is obviously wants a big star to fill The Flash's shoes, and Cooper has really become quite a popular actor over the last couple of years. I don't know if you remember or not, but Cooper was up for the role of The Green Lantern, which was eventually taken by Ryan Reynolds.

I don't have a problem at all with Cooper possibly taking on the role of The Flash. I think he would do a fine job, he's a decent actor that's fun to watch up on the big screen.

There's a possibility that screenwriter Greg Berlanti (Green Lantern) will end up directing the film. Warner Bros. want's him, but according to Berlanti the project might be too big for him at this time. I guess we'll see how things go once the script is turned in. If you remember the story of the this Flash film was inspired by Se7en, Silence of the Lambs, and The Matrix.

What do you all think about Cooper possibly taking on the role of The Flash?

Would be ironic considering how he ____ed up the Green Lantern audition that eventually went to Flash frontrunner Ryan Reynolds. He figured out how to do a reading without the Bale batman voice apparently. :lol

Since this has some actual movement on it let's thread it.

Would be ironic considering how he ____ed up the Green Lantern audition that eventually went to Flash frontrunner Ryan Reynolds. He figured out how to do a reading without the Bale batman voice apparently. :lol

lol, that is the first thing I thought too! I am all in for seeing Allen on screen. Just curious how the suit will look as well as who the villains shall be.

Well Flash has a ton of Rogues like Batman but in recent times they have been making The Reverse Flash his main enemy so if Johns has anything to do with it I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't him or Captain Cold since he is the "kingpin" of the Rogues.

BRADLEY COOPER DENIES FLASH RUMORS
by Silas Lesnick
Oct 15th, 2010

SuperHeroHype caught up with actor Bradley Cooper yesterday and was able to follow up on the rumors that he is the frontrunner for the currently-in-development film version of The Flash.

"I've never heard anything about it ever in my life," Cooper responded, laughing that the idea of his casting has become so prevalent online.

"It's funny," he added.

Cooper, confirmed to have been a studio candidate for the lead role in Green Lantern, most famously appeared in 2009's The Hangover. Earlier this year, he was seen as Face in Fox's theatrical adaptation of The A-Team.

Bradley Cooper was one of the finalists for Green Lantern. He even did on screen tests with the mask, etc. He went on a talk show (I forget which) and said that everytime he put on the mask he started doing the Bale raspy Batman voice. They told him to stop and start over but he kept doing it and blew the audition. There is video in the actual GL thread.

He went on the record saying it was true. He'd put on the mask and start talking and they'd stop him and say "Bradley, just read it in your regular voice". He'd nod and apologize then do it again. He said he wasn't even realizing half the time he was doing it.

Well he says specifically Christian Bale but the fact there are more of these Raspy voices running around means its time for Hollywood to go elsewhere.

He got the green arrow raspy voice from the GA in Smallville, hehe.

what? The Green Arrow "raspy voice" in Smallville is a voice modulator. Meaning electronic voice alteration from a built in modulator in the hood of his costume. Not a "raspy voice" :confused:

Considering both factoids it makes the idea of Bradley Cooper sitting there with a domino mask spitting out the GL Oath with a raspy voice that much funnier.

Back