Green Lantern: The Motion Picture

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol Yeah, the film wasn't what it could have and should have been.

And I can tell already they are going to screw up Superman. Going with the new 52 outfit was only the very first mistake. You don't mess with something as iconic as Superman's suit. TDKR is really the only DC thing to look forward to in the near future.

And I can tell already they are going to screw up Superman. Going with the new 52 outfit was only the very first mistake. You don't mess with something as iconic as Superman's suit. TDKR is really the only DC thing to look forward to in the near future.

Superman's suit is no different from the comic version than the Batman film suits are from their comic versions and they seemed to work quite well. :huh

I don't understand why people want the suit to be the same everytime..if Superman was created today, it would look different, much more advanced. It's not like updating the suit is going to make people forget all about the classic version..

Superman's suit is no different from the comic version than the Batman film suits are from their comic versions and they seemed to work quite well. :huh

Superman's suit has worked as it was on screen several times though. Batman's really hasn't ever. It was campy and dorky on Adam West. Burton made it more realistic for the time and WB never got away from the look. The Arkham games gave us a realistic looking version of the comic suit and it WORKS!

Superman doesn't need armor when his skin is bulletproof. Magic tights work just fine for him.

:dunno

I'm not a huge fan of the new look, but I'll give them a pass on the suit if they make a quality film.

hopefully they saw green lantern and do the exact opposite.

Superman's suit has worked as it was on screen several times though. Batman's really hasn't ever. It was campy and dorky on Adam West. Burton made it more realistic for the time and WB never got away from the look. The Arkham games gave us a realistic looking version of the comic suit and it WORKS!

Superman doesn't need armor when his skin is bulletproof. Magic tights work just fine for him.

:dunno

I don't recall seeing armor on the new suit. It doesn't have a collar, nor does it have handguards, nor Tron lines like Lee's abomination. The "S" is also closer to the comic suit as well. Really, the only striking difference is the missing red undies. :huh

If the new Superman is a good movie, nobody is going to nitpick the details of the costume. If GL had been filled with inspiring characters, a clever plot, well done drama and humor, etc, most folks would be willing to overlook the flaws in the costume design and execution.

Back