Gandalf the Grey PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that really stinks, and I can understand you being disappointed. But, truth is...the regular is the way to go.

I came close to getting this piece a few times. But, in the end I am sticking with the maquette line.

Well, I was looking forward to paying my final flex-payment tomorrow, and having Gandalf shipped next week, when I recieved an e-mail from Sideshow this morning saying:

"This email is in regards to your order for Gandalf the Grey Premium Format Exclusive item #3000171flex. Unfortunately we were just informed by our shipping department that our inventory on this item was not correct and we will not be able to fulfill your order."

They have offered me 15% off a regular version, which i'm not sure about yet, as I really wanted the exclusive. :dunno

Really I think this is horrendous. I got an e-mail only last week saying that everything was fine, and i've been looking forward to this for months. The e-mail wasn't even that apologetic, just had a small 'sorry for any inconvenience' sentence stuck on the end. :mad:

I'm really disappointed, but also really angry as it's such an easy thing they've got wrong. Anyone else ever had this happen to them? And should I still go for the regular? :dunno

Sorry, just had to vent a little. :peace

:mad:

Very disappointing to here. Really no excuse for them not keeping yours on hand. If they're gonna offer flex pay they need to be able to back it up.

It's nice that they're offering a discount, but IMO it should be more than 15% since they seriously dropped the ball there.

I'd go for 20% off and free shipping ;)

:goodpost:

...truth is...the regular is the way to go.

When I had it the hatless head was obsolete IMO.

The hat is essential as the beard.

To each his own, but I will never display mine with the hat.

Well, I was looking forward to paying my final flex-payment tomorrow, and having Gandalf shipped next week, when I recieved an e-mail from Sideshow this morning saying:

"This email is in regards to your order for Gandalf the Grey Premium Format Exclusive item #3000171flex. Unfortunately we were just informed by our shipping department that our inventory on this item was not correct and we will not be able to fulfill your order."

They have offered me 15% off a regular version, which i'm not sure about yet, as I really wanted the exclusive. :dunno

Really I think this is horrendous. I got an e-mail only last week saying that everything was fine, and i've been looking forward to this for months. The e-mail wasn't even that apologetic, just had a small 'sorry for any inconvenience' sentence stuck on the end. :mad:

I'm really disappointed, but also really angry as it's such an easy thing they've got wrong. Anyone else ever had this happen to them? And should I still go for the regular? :dunno

Sorry, just had to vent a little. :peace

I would think if they didn't have any more that it would be listed on the site as being sold out and not waitlisted.

But then, they still have Lurtz on waitlist. :dunno

having the option of changing portraits is great but given that choice, id say get the regular. unless you plan on displaying him full time without the hat

though I have the ex, im going to display it with his hat on.

I would think if they didn't have any more that it would be listed on the site as being sold out and not waitlisted.

But then, they still have Lurtz on waitlist. :dunno

Yeah, they keep wait lists going for a long time incase anything happens. I can remember several years ago when some very valuable SSW pieces came back instock and they issues some WL recalls.

Terrible news there. I hate to say it, but the hatless head really is awesome and I can't see myself without it.

But for the moment, I say go for the regular because any Gandalf the Grey pf is better than no Gandalf the Grey pf.

Terrible news there. I hate to say it, but the hatless head really is awesome and I can't see myself without it...

Originally I didn't think it was a big deal and that I wouldn't display it without the hat, but that hatless head is really nice!

Originally I didn't think it was a big deal and that I wouldn't display it without the hat, but that hatless head is really nice!

Yes it is Frank...

GTG_3-4_R_Port.jpg

It's good to have the choice to display him how you like...and even switch then around every so ofter. :yess:

4_R_Port.jpg

Truly a great PF IMHO :clap.

:duff
Bill

I love this PF. Most iconic representation of GTG available IMO. If $$$ was tight and I had to sell off some PF's, I would keep my GTG EX. as my sole LOTR piece. It's just that good...and that iconic! :hi5:

I love this Pf, too! I have never had anything like that ever happen. You have already but $ down on flex pay, I would get he regular addition. I don't think you would be disappointed, Anubis.

#218 has arrived of the exclusive. I will unbox him hopefully before I go to work. Knockin' on wood there are no probs...

just got this piece and think it is absolutely amazing. really blown away by the likeness and just how bad ass the whole thing looks on display.

so, here's my quick story about purchasing this. i recently re-watched my LOTR SE DVD edition set because i wanted to see if i really needed to buy the blu-ray version (i decided i was happy with my set as it is and did not need to upgrade). however, after watching the entire trilogy again, i got the urge to get a gandalf PF. i had tried to stay away from any of the LOTR PFs, but if i were to get one, it would be gandalf grey. as much as i would like the SS EXC with the hatless head, i doubt i would ever display it that way. anyways, i ended up purchasing the regular edition from CCG armory at:

https://www.ccgarmory.com/gagrprfofip.html

for $261 this weekend. in addition, they have a free shipping offer right now over $200, so that saved another $20. as long as they come through with the delivery and it is in stock, i am pretty sure i will be quite pleased (even without the SS EXC head).

so, here's my quick story about purchasing this. i recently re-watched my LOTR SE DVD edition set because i wanted to see if i really needed to buy the blu-ray version (i decided i was happy with my set as it is and did not need to upgrade). however, after watching the entire trilogy again, i got the urge to get a gandalf PF. i had tried to stay away from any of the LOTR PFs, but if i were to get one, it would be gandalf grey. as much as i would like the SS EXC with the hatless head, i doubt i would ever display it that way. anyways, i ended up purchasing the regular edition from CCG armory at:

https://www.ccgarmory.com/gagrprfofip.html

for $261 this weekend. in addition, they have a free shipping offer right now over $200, so that saved another $20. as long as they come through with the delivery and it is in stock, i am pretty sure i will be quite pleased (even without the SS EXC head).

This is not meant as a slam to CCG Armory at all.. I have not had a chance to get a taste of their service, because the last three times I ordered items from them that were listed "IN STOCK" 3-4 days went by and nothing from them about shipping, on all 3 occasions I had to email customer service, and was sent an email back say sorry we made a error in listing and that item is "out of stock".. that was on two separate PF items and a 1:2 scale bust... do yourself a favor and email customer service tonight or Monday morning and ask if this item is indeed in stock.. I hate nagging folks, so I waited 3 days or so and when nothing was sent via email about shipping I inquired.. they were very prompt in my refunds.. I just don't have faith in them anymore.. this is all just IMO...:) If it's a go cool addition and Congrats!

Last edited:
just got this piece and think it is absolutely amazing. really blown away by the likeness and just how bad ass the whole thing looks on display.

Mine arrived this past Friday after my 40 min out and 40 min back pick-up from UPS.. I LOVE THIS PF I also received the Morgul Lord and I have to say I was also blown away by it! They are both outstanding!!!!

Back