Gandalf the Grey PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So based on that packaging pic above, I noticed there's no means to have the Reg head attached and use the same packaging.

Doesn't SS usually use the same packaging for both, just the Reg has an empty hole where the Ex part would be. Or is that not the case for heads.

I just had a chance to open mine last night. When I first looked at the hatless head, I realized that this is what it was always suggested to me that God would look like.

The nitpic, like others stated, is the rubber hair. I thought for a minute that mine was broken because it was lose, but it's just that it can move when touched. Other wise....awesome!

Hey all,

Looking for a little feedback.....

I noticed that my GTG doesnt sit 100% solid on the base. I have had to place a small folder over piece of paper under his rear foot to tighten it up. Other he leans foward a little too much. Anyone having that issue?
I'm wondering if I need to call SS for a new base.....
This is my first purchase directly from SS, so would they send me a new one and I send the old one back to them?

Took!

Hey all,

I noticed that my GTG doesnt sit 100% solid on the base. I have had to place a small folder over piece of paper under his rear foot to tighten it up. Other he leans foward a little too much. Anyone having that issue?
This is my first purchase directly from SS, so would they send me a new one and I send the old one back to them?

Took!

SS will hook you up if your not happy with it. They cover all the shipping and are good at replacements. You would either have to send it back or destroy it.

Hey all,

Took!

Try this first - turn the base upside down and give it a couple of light whacks on the bottom. It's possible there's something in the peg hole that's preventing the statue from going all the way down. The statue should definitely be standing flush with the base, so this isn't a common production issue or anything.

But if that doesn't work, just take some photos and call Sideshow's customer service line. They'll make it right.

Thanks Skutto!

I will look closer at it when I get home tonight, but his front foot appears to be pretty much flush. I think the hole is the problen, may be a little rounded, allowing me to turn it some, even while the peg is fully inserted.
I think I will give them a call....

I checked it out and now it appears as thought the peg is bent, not allowing the heel of his front foot to get flush on the base. I am able to get quite a bit of wobble even when he is seated on the base.

Gonna contact SS for replacement.

Just got my exclusive yesterday. Man, does this thing require a lot of "futzing"

Sure does. I used ComputerFly's pics for ideas.

I used a spray bottle with water and got everything damp and the wrinkles fell right away, (didnt need the hair dryer) and was easily able to shape the folds so that his outfit hung more naturally!

Damn - I love this thing!

Sideshow sent me the new head. Excelent customer service!

DSC02034.jpg

Now the hard part! Destroying the bad one! I am gonna do it tonight.

Back