Gandalf the Grey PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine yesterday. It's a fantasic PF figure.
gabdalf.jpg

So far I think he looks better as a stand alone. Looks ok displayed with Aragorn and Legolas but looks best alone. Maybe when Morgul lord comes he'll display well with him.

This will display beautifully with the upcoming 1/4 scale Balrog.

Where the heck is this 1:4 scale Balrog rumour coming from, anyway? The weight of a 6 foot tall chunk of polystone would easily run in the thousands, not counting the actual cost of the piece itself.

Where the heck is this 1:4 scale Balrog rumour coming from, anyway? The weight of a 6 foot tall chunk of polystone would easily run in the thousands, not counting the actual cost of the piece itself.

That's what I said before. There is no way to do it. I posted some pics of Gandalf PF and The Duel of Light and Fire for comparassion.
It would have to be around 10 feet high.
Imagine the size of the wings. You would need a 20' container.

''Though previously the Balrog had entered the "large square chamber" of Mazarbul, at the Bridge of Khazad-dûm it "drew itself to a great height, and its wings spread from wall to wall" in what was a vast hall''

Its going to be very limited.:pray:

Dude, it'd probably cost less to have yourself surgically altered to look like the Balrog, than buy a 1:4 scale replica. Then you just have to set your head and shoulders on fire and voila! :balrog

Get saving. I've just had my front door widened in expectation of a big box.

I had Gandalf on flex and had the final payment paid early.
My exclusive Gandalf shipped yesterday!

He will be here on Friday!

I had my wait-list converted for the exclusive and should arrive on 28 Sep...counting down the minutes! Hooray!

I got mine yesterday, and now that I am having boxes shipped to work, I had to explain to my co-workers that I am a huge nerd. Totally worth it for this statue though!

I got the regular version, #120/1000, and I am thrilled with how he came out. The sculpt is great, the paint is very nice and clean (and no boss-eyed stares) and the amount of weathering to the fabric looks great on Gandalf. The light-up feature is very impressive, and is a great us of a small LED.

I have one complaint with this piece, and it is the choice of material used for his belt. It is clear in the movie that Gandalf wears a woven brown leather belt, but the "belt" for the premium format is just a piece of knotted rope. The color isn't correct, the material certainly isn't correct, and it just seems like a cheap alternative. This is a minor nitpick on the nicest Premium Format I've seen though.

I'll try to get pictures up as soon as we can find our digital camera! It went on a a long weekend with us last weekend and still hasn't been unpacked.

I looked back through the thread, and the prototype pictures do show that the material used for his belt is just a piece of rope, but I guess I mistook it for leather on the prototype. It really is a minor nitpick, but it doesn't match the material used in the film IIRC, and I thought that the use of fabric and other materials was the whole point of the PF line.

No big guff though, it is a great piece and I can't wait to get the Morgul Lord!!! Time for the next pre-order though, and we could use some more members of the fellowship for this line next!

Back