Gandalf the Grey PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Caught a glimpse of him in one of Sideshow's SDCC videos and he looks great. Looks better than the maquette, IMO.

I will cancel my order on Gandalf ex pf! hope that it will anybody in here who get it.

What happened to Gandalf's beard? Check the booth pics from Michael Crawford:

sdcc2010_sideshow_lotr_2.jpg

sdcc2010_sideshow_lotr_3.jpg

Compared to the sideshow pics:
300017_press04-001.jpg

Were those just bad booth pics or did it really look like that?

What happened to Gandalf's beard? Check the booth pics from Michael Crawford:

sdcc2010_sideshow_lotr_2.jpg

sdcc2010_sideshow_lotr_3.jpg

Compared to the sideshow pics:
300017_press04-001.jpg

Were those just bad booth pics or did it really look like that?

Judging from the pics, the maquette is looking better than the PF IMO. I might just cancel the PF altogether to save some space and cash if that's the case.

Michael Crawford's pic of the GTG maquette is better than the sideshow pics. It's amazing, almost convincing me to switch.

sdcc2010_sideshow_lotr_4.jpg

Michael Crawford's pic of the GTG maquette is better than the sideshow pics. It's amazing, almost convincing me to switch.

Agreed. The PF is losing it's appeal more and more. Space issues aside, I prefer the overall look of the maquette. Too many awesome LOTR annoucements lately will make the decision to cancel the PF quick and painless if it comes down to it.

sdcc2010_sideshow_lotr_4.jpg

Looks stunning. Does it really come as a surprise to anyone that SS's pic's don't do the statue justice? Actually both the maquette and PF look great to me....no way I'm cancelling either one. :nono

hmmm...something seems off on the p.f. to me. Maybe it's how tan he looks in that picture.

Pass for me.

Ok this is really throwing me off now. Here is a pic from Dr. Teng and as far as I know it's the same one at sdcc. Looks totally different. Was it different lighting or lens or what?

sdcc-thursday-sideshow-collectibles-gandalf-premium-format-statue-2-low.jpg

Saw these in person today. While better than I had feared the maquette has too much softness and odd choices in the fabric folds. The PF looks much better in just about every way. My only quibbles with the PF are the satchel could be higher quality, the beard casting has a couple grain of sand sized rough spots and the place where his hand meets his staff could be slightly deeper better selling the illusion that they are 2 pieces.

And the Aragorn maquette is UNBELIEVABLE!

Last edited:
I'm keeping the PF after seeing it. Its awesome from the sculpt to the outfit. Both Gandalfs are IMO. A 2 run homer with these two Gandalfs.

Back