Gandalf the Grey PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why that procedure with preorder? Why not producing 500 Excl and 750 Regular and start an usual order-session with instant shipment??

Why that procedure with preorder? Why not producing 500 Excl and 750 Regular and start an usual order-session with instant shipment??

Sideshow needs to know an estimate on how they will sell most likely, and also the time between order and shipment allows for change if the need be. They have used the system for years and it seems to work very good, and I don't see the process changing anytime soon.

I think this helps them figure out how popular this will be. Though they may have the Ex quantity set in stone, they may not have the regular set. If they think it will be extra popular, then they may make a few more regulars. It might depend on their pre-orders from retail stores as well.

I'm just guessing at all this though. :)

Hey...hey...it's Choop......seems so LONG ago since the Cleveland symphony...... :gandalf

Hey, hey...:wave How's it going? That was a lot of fun, no? Some great memories traveling around the country during the LOTR heyday.

Nah......long ago alot of us from another board LoTR Guide went to Cleveland to see Howard Shore conduct the Cleveland Symphony's LoTR production. Fritz, AngmarKing, Choopie, Marybluefairy, myself, Dunedain (diff one than here) and others.

Dune is a conductor and had conducted 'The Passion of Christ' in Rome for Mel Gibson and had also conducted 'LoTR Symphony' for Mr Shore. He was able to arrange great seats etc....it was an amazing time....once in a lifetime kinda thing.

QFT! Good times, good times! :duff

Call me suspicious but we STILL don't have an ES on the EX version?!?!
:confused::confused::confused:

Wait until the newsletter... the ES always is announced a week later. They have been doing that way for months and months.

Well, maybe...or.........

read this from a post on the S&F board in their GTG PF thread:

"Received an email stating that my EX Wait List will be converting on the 4th. That was fast... must be a lot of people selecting the Regular instead."

How many highly anticipated pieces that sold out in nine minutes have had EX waitlist conversions less than a week from it selling out?!?!?!

You know it is not credit cards being denied etc........smells fishy to me....I expect a higher ES than was likely planned....

Well, maybe...or.........

read this from a post on the S&F board in their GTG PF thread:

"Received an email stating that my EX Wait List will be converting on the 4th. That was fast... must be a lot of people selecting the Regular instead."

How many highly anticipated pieces that sold out in nine minutes have had EX waitlist conversions less than a week from it selling out?!?!?!

You know it is not credit cards being denied etc........smells fishy to me....I expect a higher ES than was likely planned....

That happens sometimes too. They may be altering the edition size but since we will never know it doesn't really matter. They will tell us Thursday.

That's exactly what I was thinking. As long as i've got one, I couldn't really care less about the edition size. :dunno

It will keep getting higher, it's flipper inflation. As the hoards of flippers get more accounts the ES get higher. :horror

I agree the ES means very little to me and also at the end of the day SS are a business out to make a profit obviously so of course they would hold back and announce the ES when they get a feel for what the demand is, common business sense really. Given that Gandalf is arguably the most popular/iconic character from the Trilogy then I think the demand will be higher whether thats regular or Ex doesn't really matter. Like a few have already said, with this statue I couldn't give a flying fig as long as I get mine! :D

I seem to recall in the past some pieces we had to wait quite a while before they announced an ES for whatever reason, but does it really matter? :confused:

The main problem I can see with a high edition is the amount of returns SS may recieve due to quick, mass production paint jobs on the figure. Plus, isn't the relatively low production size part of what makes these type of collectable's more expensive? :rolleyes:

I think they already have the number set on the exclusives. Not the regular is another story.

Now here's a question - what's the ES of a Clash of Kings? Now THAT one has been up for order, and sold out for a while, and i can't remember anyone saying what ES it is unless it passed me by?

Back