Gandalf the Grey PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, this is correct. Lights are great, just wish SS produced spare parts. They could make a ton of money.

I totally agree. It would be awesome if they had some type of process where you could send them a picture of the broken part to get approved that you need a new one. People would pay good money to fix their statues. It would be great for everyone.

It's funny tho,
Because I've seen the one you bought at 305$ which was broke but nobody even bared to bid on a brand new one at 395$

Gandalf The Grey LOTR Premium Format Statue Exclusive Sideshow | eBay

Both we're for sale at the same time, maybe one can ask the seller if he'S still willing to sell since he hasn't relisted the item

If you can meet him in Manhattan your all over it.

"This is a PICK UP ONLY ITEM. The pick up area will be Uptown Manhattan; Washington Heights, New York City."

My brother lives in NY and I actually thought about getting him to meet the guy for me. But at the end of the day figured it was way to much of a hassle.

The last few I saw that sold on Ebay went for $500 and up so $500 isn't a bad deal. There starting to get a little harder to find.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414303601.334298.jpg

Worth every penny. I finally have a good guy from M.E. :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414304374.089537.jpg

I'm still hoping that Sideshow does a new Gandalf PF from any of the Hobbit films :pray:

As am I. I would prefer him with Glamdring drawn or with his staff striking the ground, like on the Bridge of Khazda Dum or when he breaks the rock to turn the Trolls to stone in The Hobbit. The main reason I want a new one though is because the current Gandalf is pretty hard to find. White is everywhere but no one seems to want to let go of their Grey.

Its because hes bloody awesome. Got mine for a bargain £180 a couple years ago, I wouldnt sell him if someone offered me £500!

I was able to pick up the Gandalf The Grey EX statue last night from some one selling it, have been wanting is since I first saw it. It really is an amazing piece to add to my collection.

Gonna post a couple more pics to:

1) Show futzing progress.

2) Show modifications.

3) Show the importance of good lighting.

BEFORE:

P1110523.jpg

NOW:

P1110526.jpg

P1110538.jpg

I installed another set of track lights. Overhead lighting makes all the diference with the hatless look, particularly around the eyes.

In addition to more futzing I made 2 slight modifications:

1) I stuffed his satchel with cotton. It looked silly to me all empty and flat.

2) I trimmed the sword belt. The length out of the box is absurdly long - it almost touches the stair. From watching some Moria scenes last night, it's still a bit too long, but I think it looks good now.

I'm gonna be doing more futzing before I'm totally happy with it, and then I'll post more pics.

I'm finding that photographing 1/4 scale is very different than 1/6 scale...

Anyone know what shelves and frames he is using? Love that look with the poster.

Back