Gandalf the Grey PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Radagast's staff and what Gandalf has in the Fellowship aren't the same staff. Not sure if PJ intends them to be but in physical appearance they're not. Are you saying the staff in the picture which is Radagast's staff is supposed to be the same staff that Gandalf is carrying around with the Fellowship?

Who notices stuff like this? LOL.......I just never pay that close attention to things like that. I just always assume it's a new prop and was intended to be the same even if there is a minor difference. I swear people notice if the 3rd button down on the right arm of Thor's sleeve is 1/16th of an inch off from the last movie and they pull out the pitch forks LOL.

Who notices stuff like this? LOL.......I just never pay that close attention to things like that. I just always assume it's a new prop and was intended to be the same even if there is a minor difference. I swear people notice if the 3rd button down on the right arm of Thor's sleeve is 1/16th of an inch off from the last movie and they pull out the pitch forks LOL.

Apples to oranges, a different staff is not the same as a button being down 1/16th of an inch.

They're selling for $700? I didn't know that. I may have to sell my exclusive if that's what they're worth. :idea :lol

I can't advise you on the value but it's a fantastic figure. I'm sure if he was a Marvel character he'd be selling for $1400 right now.

Would you guys buy this PF for $700? Wondering if it's worth it.

He is defiantly worth that much, but I don't think I have seen one sell that high yet. The supply has dried up and I know a lot of people are looking for him so it may be valued that high now or even more now.

I recently bought one 520$ + shipping which was like 70$. And that was the regular edition. This is the highest I paid as of yet for a used statue.. Definitively worth it. I look at it nearly every day.

Thanks for the comments. Been eyeing this stat for a few months at my LCS. It's been there for quite a while though so maybe it should be at the 5/600$ level. Will try to find one at that price.

Can you not see if they'll cut you a deal on it? I've been keeping an eye out for this lately and it seems to be damn rare. No one seems to be selling it so you may not have many options left anymore.

I'm soooo happy!
Finally found this marvelous piece from a local seller. Brand new Ex for 550$. A little bit more than I was willing to spend, but it's soooo worth it!!! :clap

Img_2808.jpg

Just picked up a used EX on EBay for $305. The staff broke and doesn't light up but I rarely turn on the light up features on my statues anyway. Now I need to find a spot for him.:gandalf

Just picked up a used EX on EBay for $305. The staff broke and doesn't light up but I rarely turn on the light up features on my statues anyway. Now I need to find a spot for him.:gandalf

Mine is exactly the same way so I suspect this is a poor design issue. Still i wish light up features were just not included in statues, no one really uses them, they break easily and then devalue the piece unnecessarily.

I used the light up on mine all the time. It's a neat effect. The issue was the packaging. The styrofoam surrounding the staff on mine was paper thin.

Yes, this is correct. Lights are great, just wish SS produced spare parts. They could make a ton of money.

That was a good deal on the GTG for $305, even broken. I almost bid on him to get the EX head for mine, but the extent of damage to the staff and hand looked a little more than what he described so I passed.

Yea I looks like a sloppy repair job. I'm pretty confident that I can patch it up. I like getting things that aren't perfect for a good deal. I only try to collect pieces that mean something to me. I never really think about reselling them. If I can get a good deal on something I think I can make look good. I'm happy to save some $. For the 200+ I saved I'll take it all day. :)

Last edited:
Back