Gandalf the Grey PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was boxing up my Ex the other day to sell it, and the top of the staff broke off where it attaches to the hand. Was perfect the whole time I owned it, and boom it cracks. To depressed about it to do anything more...

I received mine with the same defect! The top was cracked but I glue it so it's not noticeable at all! & the light still work so it's all good I guess.

So did mine, I think it's a common problem. I requested a replacement from Sideshow and they sent a new arm/staff. But in hindsight, it wasn't necessary. I glued the original back in place after I received the replacement and you can't tell the difference.

Any recommendations on glue? I've tried gluing it twice and so far it's only served to make the two surfaces more uneven. :(

So did mine, I think it's a common problem. I requested a replacement from Sideshow and they sent a new arm/staff. But in hindsight, it wasn't necessary. I glued the original back in place after I received the replacement and you can't tell the difference.

Nice they didn't require you to break the original piece. (even more)

I would pin the pieces first - drill a hole into each section and then use a small rod of metal (a pin) that when connected will provide for a stronger bond. I would super glue the pin in place and then use a two-part modeling putty to hold the sections together. Then sand and pain once everything is dry.

If you've ever worked with models or miniatures these concepts are pretty easy. If not, just look up youtube videos on pinning miniatures.

Nice they didn't require you to break the original piece. (even more)

No, but I did have to send a picture of the broken piece. It was a really clean break right at the hand. If you look at the repaired staff, you can't tell it was repaired. It just looks like it's normal.

I used epoxy. I didn't have to sand or repaint or anything like that. I know I paid full price and should have a non-broken piece but like I said earlier, I probably should have just fixed it first and not bothered requesting a replacement.

I still have my Gandaly the Grey Exclusive PF.

Someone here expressed interest in it, but I accidentally deleated the PM.

It is in perfect condition except for the break where the top of the staff meets the hand.

I would pin the pieces first - drill a hole into each section and then use a small rod of metal (a pin) that when connected will provide for a stronger bond. I would super glue the pin in place and then use a two-part modeling putty to hold the sections together. Then sand and pain once everything is dry.

If you've ever worked with models or miniatures these concepts are pretty easy. If not, just look up youtube videos on pinning miniatures.

This sounds like a smart way to do it.

Thanks for advise...never used small metal rod when repairing but upon watching some youtube videos it may really provide much stronger fix than just using epoxy or super glue...Thanks for tip

My girlfriend picked me him up for my birthday, I tottaly love him! She told me she won him for £200 on ebay, what a bargain.
y6umatub.jpg

Thanks bill, he's my first PF, tottaly blown away! Cant imagine what Sauron is going to look like stood next to him. GTG Tottaly blow's my HT's away. Im converted to PF's now lol
bytyhuby.jpg

Back