DCD 13" Joker & Harley Quinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They just solicited Joker and Harley for an August delivery.

https://www.toymania.com/news/messages/9880.shtml

Notice the price on Joker? And Sideshow Star Wars collectors think they're getting it sideways...

Well, I am glad I don't buy this line, because I definitely don't think they are worth 90 bucks. If these figures are worth 90 bucks, then Sideshow should charge 130 bucks. All I have to say is WOW!

Brad

I'm hoping Joker is a typo, but Harley is $80. Superman with the extra costume was $90, but then they were $60 and most recently $70.

So $90 seems pretty high then, I guess he is cheaper than a lot of us are paying for the custom Joker figure though :monkey3 So I guess its all shades of gray.

If $90 is the new pricepoint I guarantee its the beginning of the end for these....They are definitely not worth that tag. I wonder if its because a new body was created for the Joker?

With that reasoning Robin should be $90 also. From what I understand the skinny body and the teen body are basically the same except for the length of the limbs. Robin is $70 and Green Arrow is $80 - which I could possibly see since his costume and accessories are more complex. But Joker doesn't look that much more difficult.

I'll still be ordering both Joker and Harley, but I'm not thrilled with the price hike. :monkey3

The increase does scare me though....I'm afraid the future of the line is in danger.

Wow, that JOKER price took me by surprise! I'll be getting both, but I agree, there is going to be a lot of resistance at that price. If the line does die, I hope it's AFTER we get a HAWKMAN !

Yikes!!

That will be like the third price increase (at $10 a pop) for these things and the last increase was hard enough to swallow. Unless there are improvements to the shortcomings on these figures (cut joints, bendy hands, wrist articulation) I will be dropping this line even though I have really become a fan of it even with the problems.

:emperor

$90?
Forget it.

I like how he looks, but these figures aren't worth that. I have a couple that I've gotten on eBay for around $40 and that's all I'm willing to pay for them.

Unless I can find him on eBay for around that price I'll definately pass on him.

What the hell is DC Direct smoking? :monkey4
I have the first Superman, but haven't been able to afford most of the others. If I could find them for $40 a piece then I'd buy, but anymore then that is just not worth the price. And at $90, it's *******in insane. NO WAY are these figures worth Hot Toys money, I'd rather get a kick ass Colonial Marine, Rocky, or Rambo figure for that much cash.

$90!?!? Forget it, I'll save that money and put it towards a Muppet Replica.

Since the SRP for the DCD 13" figures is on the rise, I did a little shopping around online to see where I could get the best deal. I checked out Big Bad Toy Store, Alter Ego Comics, and Cornerstore Comics. Previously, I had bought all of my 13 inchers from AlterEgo, but they've recently lowered their discount rate from 20 to 15 percent on most DCD items.....plus I had asked them when the Batgirl figures were solicited if they could help me secure a variant. Never heard back from them.

So, here are the results. Prices include 1 each of Joker and Harley, and UPS Ground shipping:

BBTS: $143.87 ($71.94 each)
CSC: $150.86 ($75.43 each)
AEC: $164.46 ($82.23 each)

At about $72 each, shipped, it looks like BBTS is my new online retailer for preorders! It's also nice that BBTS doesn't penalize you for canceling orders, unlike the others.

Since the SRP for the DCD 13" figures is on the rise, I did a little shopping around online to see where I could get the best deal. I checked out Big Bad Toy Store, Alter Ego Comics, and Cornerstore Comics. Previously, I had bought all of my 13 inchers from AlterEgo, but they've recently lowered their discount rate from 20 to 15 percent on most DCD items.....plus I had asked them when the Batgirl figures were solicited if they could help me secure a variant. Never heard back from them.

So, here are the results. Prices include 1 each of Joker and Harley, and UPS Ground shipping:

BBTS: $143.87 ($71.94 each)
CSC: $150.86 ($75.43 each)
AEC: $164.46 ($82.23 each)

At about $72 each, shipped, it looks like BBTS is my new online retailer for preorders! It's also nice that BBTS doesn't penalize you for canceling orders, unlike the others.

Actually the best place to buy these is Amoktime.com.....I pre-ordered the Green Arrow for 54.99 . everyone else on the web is $10 or more for him.Even CSC is 63.99 and they have great prices on stuff.Amoktime hasnt posted their pre-order for the joker yet,but I bet they'll be the cheapest! I even got Power Girl for 49.99 and nobody has her for that price either.Best prices goes to Amoktime on these unless they start getting Greedy

Actually the best place to buy these is Amoktime.com.....I pre-ordered the Green Arrow for 54.99 . everyone else on the web is $10 or more for him.Even CSC is 63.99 and they have great prices on stuff.Amoktime hasnt posted their pre-order for the joker yet,but I bet they'll be the cheapest! I even got Power Girl for 49.99 and nobody has her for that price either.Best prices goes to Amoktime on these unless they start getting Greedy

I was just comparing the 3 internet stores that I mentioned....I wasn't going to comb the entire net looking at prices. Does AmokTime allow cancelations without penalty? And how is AT.com on shipping cost?

I am very surprised by DCD's pricing. Their first figures, batman begin and superman was at that price point, and not one review I read suggest they worth that price, then DCD slashed the price down and people got a bit happier, now they are increasing the price again?

man, did DCD just waited and waited for collectors to build up a fair amount of figures then raise the price because by now people gotta complete their collection?

I was just comparing the 3 internet stores that I mentioned....I wasn't going to comb the entire net looking at prices. Does AmokTime allow cancelations without penalty? And how is AT.com on shipping cost?

Yes, you can cancel orders without penalty,just its not in your complete control like bbts allows..you cancel your own stuff with bbts. Amoktime, you have to call them and cancel.I must say though,the guys at amoktime talking to them on the phone are *******s! They'll take your money,ship fast most of the time,but are just rude in dealing with them on the phone is the only problem but they'll cancel if you need to

Back