DCD 13" Joker & Harley Quinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes! I didn't think the females were that much bigger. It might work for Power Girl and Wonder Woman, but not much else if you don't have the other DC figures. It looks like I'll have to get a Batman before I get Batgirl and Harley.

Both of these look really good... although I think I'd prefer Harley to have a smaller/slimmer body. She always struck me as a villain you could easily underestimate and then end up paying for it.

Thanks for that. They both look superb!

Whats the articulation like with this line?

Very poor, especially for this day and age... most of which is down to the sculpting; torsos so muscular arms cannot rest but their sides, cut joints halfway along muscular sculpted biceps and thighs which look absolutely terrible under their spandex costumes (and threatens to snag on them too). Wrists are even worse; the hands just pop onto solid pegs so there's no tilt possible to them. Ankles have a tendancy to be a bit on the loose side, and not supported well by fabric boots so you have to resort to DCD's figure stands... which are of a spectacularly lousy and fugly design.

Still quite like the figures... but DCD's design team don't have a clue when it comes to 1/6th figures.

Nick

As much as I love the DCD 13" line, I had no idea how nice a 1:6 body could be until I received my Hot Toys Superman Returns yesterday! Wish DCD would've gone with something more like that. Of course, I wil lstill continue to buy and support the 13" line. :monkey3

Has anyone tried a body swap with these figures? I know Two-Face has a tiny head for his body. Would it be possible to translpant his (or anyone else's) head onto a Sideshow or other better bodies?

Has anyone tried a body swap with these figures? I know Two-Face has a tiny head for his body. Would it be possible to translpant his (or anyone else's) head onto a Sideshow or other better bodies?

I'm wondering the exact same thing. Most of the people I've asked about this line that have them have told me that the heads and hands do look a bit small for the scale. So I would think it's probobly possible. the costumes might need a bit of retailoring however. but that's not too hard to do. Regardless, that's my plan. Worst case scenario, I'll just use joker's outfit and make my perfect joker from a new body, the costume from this one, and the Joker on throne statue.

Here's lex transplanted onto a hot toys body

And catwoman onto her takara counterpart.

As much as I love the DCD 13" line, I had no idea how nice a 1:6 body could be until I received my Hot Toys Superman Returns yesterday! Wish DCD would've gone with something more like that. Of course, I wil lstill continue to buy and support the 13" line. :monkey3

congrats Jase! Here's a clearer idea of the diff in articulation between the two.

DC Direct 13" body

Hot Toys Body

MiskatonicNick said:
MiskatonicNick
Originally Posted by sueworld View Post
Thanks for that. They both look superb!

Whats the articulation like with this line?
Very poor, especially for this day and age... most of which is down to the sculpting; torsos so muscular arms cannot rest but their sides, cut joints halfway along muscular sculpted biceps and thighs which look absolutely terrible under their spandex costumes (and threatens to snag on them too). Wrists are even worse; the hands just pop onto solid pegs so there's no tilt possible to them. Ankles have a tendancy to be a bit on the loose side, and not supported well by fabric boots so you have to resort to DCD's figure stands... which are of a spectacularly lousy and fugly design.

Still quite like the figures... but DCD's design team don't have a clue when it comes to 1/6th figures.

Nick

have to agree about how bad DCD's body is. The cut wrist, biceps and thighs are just stupid. Also, the limited shoulder articulation means he can't even pull off Supes shirt rip properly.

DC 13"

Hot Toys

These will be a no. As much as I like the Joker character, I just really dislike the entire line DCD 13". It seems to be a really poorly executed 1/6 line for todays standards. The crappy bodies, odd sculpts, BIG wanky glasses for Clark, and the audacity to do a figure in 1/5 all just really annoy me. I thought the Martian figure showed some promise, but so far the line as a whole looks more like a dud to me.

No offense but that Lex head swap looks awkward. I don't know if it is the suit or the bigger head/smaller body combo but it looks like he has no neck.

None taken, I switched Lex's head back onto his 13" body as soon as I got the shots. :rotfl

LOVE the looks of that Takara Catwoman.....can't believe I foolishly passed her up :monkey2

I keep looking for a cheep DC Catwoman so that I can do the head swap onto the Takara body. That pick cememted that idea.

Why would you wat to change the takara catwoman head? I think that is far better than the DCD one

I think the Takara head, while superior because you can take off the hood and goggles, looks clunky and awkward as compared to the DC Direct version that is molded with removable goggles.
There are good and bad aspects to both.

Back