1/6 Article: Hot Toys 1/6th scale Suicide Squad Harley Quinn (Dancer Dress Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6th scale Harley Quinn (Dancer Dress Version)

I'll have her Wednesday!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Just opened her up. Sculpt looks great! She's got a ton of plastic on her that has to be removed, kind of a pain. Also, she slides down the pole making it a pain to get her in those dynamic stripper poses. May have to use the figure stand in conjunction so she stays put.

she is really pretty, the joints are necessary to leave her in pose for time, seamless body always static or breaks, the skin color is beautiful, the hair is changed and perfect, the bad sewing of the suit but arranging it sees chest and it is perfect

View attachment 426949

View attachment 426950

View attachment 426951

View attachment 426952

View attachment 426953
How did you get the dress pulled down? Mine seems glued on.

So I cut her underwear off of the dress. But it does not let the dress hang lower. I may get the Super Duck dress to see if it looks better.

cut the part of underwear and remove the chains from behind is what does not lower the dress, I think the dress should be a softer and finer material

cut the part of underwear and remove the chains from behind is what does not lower the dress, I think the dress should be a softer and finer material
Yes, I figured it was the chains that restricted the movement. I'm going to order the Super Duck set to see if it hangs right.

Toy Anxiety offers the Super Duck dress parted out. So I went ahead and got it.

cool figure! DSCN0145.jpg

Closer shot of the portrait DSCN0142.jpg

If you don't mind, could you post some comparisons of the two dresses when you have time after receiving it? I'm interested in seeing if the Super Duck dress would fit a phicen better than the HT dress.

If you don't mind, could you post some comparisons of the two dresses when you have time after receiving it? I'm interested in seeing if the Super Duck dress would fit a phicen better than the HT dress.
I will, but I'm putting it on the HT body. Hoping it hangs more naturally and doesn't have that molded bunching the HT has.

I will, but I'm putting it on the HT body. Hoping it hangs more naturally and doesn't have that molded bunching the HT has.

I'm also very insterested to see this

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'm also very insterested to see this

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Tracking says I will have it Tuesday.

Here she is in the Super Duck dress, it showed up early. It's a decent knockoff, the big difference are the tassels are a bit different. The tailoring is not as good as HT, but I like that the material is stretchy. HT's is not, and it was a chore removing the original dress. I had to unbuckle one of the chains from the ring and then pull the dress off from the top. The SD dress slips right on and has more room up top for a busty Phicen. The main reason I got the SD was because the HT was too PG, whereas the movie dress is pretty revealing. The SD shows more skin and fits the HT body pretty well, so I think I'll keep it on her.
6d953508fc9d188dec4cd0750a147703.jpg

That does look better in a way. Why is the Hot Toys dress not slinky? I just don’t get it. What were they thinking?

Anyway, it’s not really a knockoff. It’s unlicensed.

That does look better in a way. Why is the Hot Toys dress not slinky? I just don’t get it. What were they thinking?

Anyway, it’s not really a knockoff. It’s unlicensed.
I don't know why HT designed it the way. The sculpted folds at the stomach and the bra padding that didn't line up with her chest just looked dumb. The HT dress not stretching is only an issue when taking it off.

I just think this figure was doomed to fail the moment it was announced. They definitely didn’t put much of an effort in it, the sculpt notwithstanding.

I just think this figure was doomed to fail the moment it was announced. They definitely didn’t put much of an effort in it, the sculpt notwithstanding.
I like the figure, but I'm also tempted to put the head on my regular Harley.

The figure def has its pros and cons. The teeth do somewhat kill an otherwise awesome and accurate sculpt. The sculpting on the hands and feet are top notch. Joints are not that distracting in hand but I can see where some people would be turned off by them. The figure was not a total homerun but far from a complete failure.

Back