1/6 Article: Hot Toys 1/6th scale Suicide Squad Harley Quinn (Dancer Dress Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG-5690.JPG

IMG-5691.JPG

IMG-5692.JPG

IMG-5693.JPG

has anybody tried to swap out the Wonder Woman Seamless body with this one???
I realize the notches molded in the skin in the back would show + there would be no tattoos and the color might not be quite right.

It would deal with the shoulders, elbows and knees...

I think it would be very interesting to see this...

has anybody tried to swap out the Wonder Woman Seamless body with this one???
I realize the notches molded in the skin in the back would show + there would be no tattoos and the color might not be quite right.

It would deal with the shoulders, elbows and knees...

I think it would be very interesting to see this...

Better off swapping with a Phicen/TBLeague pale seamless body if you're going to go that route.

I disagree, (respectfully)

I think sculpt on the Hot Toys body is much better.
The arms, elbows, shoulders, legs they all have a more realistic shape, detail and proportions.
Obviously Gal and Margot are not the same. Margot may be a bit rounder but I don't think the Phicen/TBLeague bodies are as realistic. Many of the Phicen/TBLeague bodies have unrealistically thin waists and small butts.

I have seen the Phicen/TBLeague bodies used with this figure, IMO they look way to small and the elbows always look odd.
I think the HT dress would be way better on the Hot toys body.

All that being said I do think the Phicen/TBLeague bodies are nice but, I do think Hot Toys is on the edge of a better ground breaking product. They need to embrace the full skin over a steel skeleton approch to achieve that awesome articulation.
If they do and create a few different body shapes I think their sculpture and attention to detail will create an entire new standard.

Love to see somebody try the Wonder Woman body...

Com'on

I double dare ya!

I’ve been saying it for a while now... Hot Toys and Phicen/TB League NEED a partnership. Hot Toys can design the body types used and Phicen can just make the figure bodies for them.

And since they’d be working closely together, there wouldn’t, or shouldn’t, be any issue with the skin tones not matching, as is obviously one of the downsides of using Phicen bodies sometimes.

Such a partnership would really pay off, in my humble opinion. I’m not sure what they’re waiting on. Granted, using Phicen’s bodies would require Hot Toys to actually get off of their laurels and start bleeding the dye from their clothing materials before production.

BTVS, THANKS!
Great shots!!
I should try some of these conversions I love seeing them...

But, The dress, won't fit the Phicen/TBLeague bodies, their too thin.

Show me that Hot Toys Wonder Woman body.

Here it comes....

I triple dare ya!

It’s kind of pointless. Her skin tone won’t even remotely match. Even the Justice League Wonder Woman body is too dark. And painting it isn’t really a good idea.

Nabbed her for fairly "cheap"... looks pretty decent. Her dress is really high though, should be very low cut.

Still need to futz her hair a bit. It really helps to make sure her hair hugs her face a bit to hide the root.

20181101_221432.jpg

Still a terrible figure. I wouldn't buy that even for a ten bucks. HT really lose it from time to time.

I disagree, (respectfully)

I think sculpt on the Hot Toys body is much better.
The arms, elbows, shoulders, legs they all have a more realistic shape, detail and proportions.
Obviously Gal and Margot are not the same. Margot may be a bit rounder but I don't think the Phicen/TBLeague bodies are as realistic. Many of the Phicen/TBLeague bodies have unrealistically thin waists and small butts.

Couldn't agree more. Don't know why anyone bothers with the Phicen bodies, they're so anatomically inaccurate. Who cares if they're seamless if they don't look like a human being.

Re: 1/6th scale Harley Quinn (Dancer Dress Version)

Hopefully they will improve over time. They already have. The very first Phicen bodies were hideous compared to the ones they have now. I always thought the Hot Stuff bodies were much more realistic as far as proportions go but they were much more expensive.

There really is a need for a company or many companies to put out quality seamless bodies of different sizes, shapes, colors and body types.

Re: 1/6th scale Harley Quinn (Dancer Dress Version)

Hopefully they will improve over time. They already have. The very first Phicen bodies were hideous compared to the ones they have now. I always thought the Hot Stuff bodies were much more realistic as far as proportions go but they were much more expensive.

There really is a need for a company or many companies to put out quality seamless bodies of different sizes, shapes, colors and body types.

Totally agree.
Phicen may flat out catch up to Hot toys if they make the critical decision and decide to pay the price for more skilled sculptors. Also, they need to study what hot toys has done with their elbows (huge difference).

I would still love to see the Harley dancer head and accesories on the training armor Wonder Woman body. (I know the skin color may not be a perfect match). I think if it had been executed this way I would have bought it in a heart beat. Still love to see one of you guys do it...

Yep,
Quadruple dare ya...

Phicen just needs to make more aesthetically natural bodies. They can still have the comic book bodies and now the anime physique, but we need the more realistic Hot Toys bodies.

They also need to figure out a way to reduce tearing. Some of their bodies seem to have the issue, while others don’t.

Phicen just needs to make more aesthetically natural bodies. They can still have the comic book bodies and now the anime physique, but we need the more realistic Hot Toys bodies.

They also need to figure out a way to reduce tearing. Some of their bodies seem to have the issue, while others don’t.

Which bodies seem to have the issue? Perhaps I’ve been lucky so far, but none of mine have torn, whether standalone bodies or full figures (Except a Shi who came with a small tear in her foot right at purchase, but not big enough for me to even exchange it)

Just curious to know which to avoid

It depends on various things. The batch, the product itself and the buyer. It also depends on the climate and humidity of where the collector lives.

I’ve heard of two instances recently with Phicen tearing. One was Dean Knight’s Arkhalla, which he used for this very figure, I believe. The other was the Asian Vampirella and I forget who exactly had the issue.

Just got this figure and I really like it. This is really one of those figures that looks better in hand than in photos. The likeness to Margot Robbie in particular is quite good. As fan of Margot and the character, I'm satisfied overall.

Back