DCD 13" Joker & Harley Quinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got the Harley and Joker for my B-day. And I have to say that harley is quickly becoming one of my favorites. She's just so f'n awesome.

My review of Joker and Harley

With all this Dark Knight talk, and what a great version of the Joker that Heath Ledger created, we might forget that there's a comic book version too, and he's been pretty damn cool at times as well. DC Direct just released their 13" Deluxe version of both him and Harley a week or so ago, and I'm covering them both tonight. I look at the Joker at MROTW, and (appropriately) cover Harley over at QSE. You can find links to all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

If you're a fan of sixth scale stuff, you'll enjoy Thursday night's review too, and if you're a fan of both sixth scale AND the Dark Knight, you'll probably enjoy Sunday night's review. :) Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Wow I couldn't disagree with you more Michael on both of these figures.
Seriously, *** for Harley's sculpt and ***1/2 for the Joker's sculpt? :google
The Joker is terrible, I don't think I've ever seen a Joker showing that much gum and so little teeth. These figures should be more realistic and less stylized. The advances in 1:6 scale collectibles has always strived for more realism and less stylization. That's why Sideshow, Dragon, and DiD have succeeded where Hasbro has failed.
Harley is a **** head sculpt, the Joker is a **1/2 at the most in my book.

Actually I like the Joker a lot more than Harley (sorry Andy!). I might have preferred a more traditional head shape but I think this works extremely well for the character.

The proportion of head to body is much better on Joker too. Harley looks more like a pinhead than any of the previous DC Females.

Harley is a beaut, but yeah, her head is smaller than any of Adam's previous heads... "shrinkage" maybe? And I just realized that the lack of ears on any of the cowled characters is slightly creepy.

Can anyone tell me if the hands can twist at the wrist... I know they aren't ball jointed but from all the pics I've seen they don't. Looking to get a select few of these if the price is right but would be nice to know before hand.

Can anyone tell me if the hands can twist at the wrist... I know they aren't ball jointed but from all the pics I've seen they don't. Looking to get a select few of these if the price is right but would be nice to know before hand.

Yes, the wrists are cut joints and rotate. If they weren't how could you switch the hands?

From the Joker review:

"It still has the cut wrist joints, although the hands don't appear to be swappable (at least not easily)."

From the Harley review:

"This is the same female body we recently saw with Batgirl...Oh, she still has a couple issues I’d love to see resolved, like the cut wrists, but I can live with this version for the time being."

So yes, both have cut wrists.

Thought so... I've just seen alot of pics where it looks like the hands are rigid. All good :)

Great photos! I've got to try and get this somewhere down the line if the prioce drops a wee bit more as I'd love to get him so I can remove the head and replace it with my own version.

Has anyone done a custom paint job on this little fella ye?

I saw these in person and man... Harley looks like she should be a female wrestler or something... I tell you.TOO BUFF>

And Joker while good... is disturbing in a sense. I had to pass on them both.

Back