David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

I never thought of that, SS actually did the GB better than the GB reboot :lol

If I needed any more motivation that was it :lol

Yeah, and no crotches were harmed in the making of this film.

iqfeMCd.gif

:lecture :yess::yess::yess:

I watched 70% of it before payin' for the whole thing on a big screen.
This movie is worth one proper watch, go for it.

:goodpost::lecture

Alright, Zach and you convinced me.

And Khev too :lol

If anything, the second cameo alone is worth it.

tumblr_oaob6bGYwD1qetpq0o1_500.gif

I know you liked Snyder's batman run, if you've read the 52 SS run I think you'll at least get a little enjoyment out of it. :)

I never thought of that, SS actually did the GB better than the GB reboot :lol

If I needed any more motivation that was it :lol

It's like a 90's shoot-em' up with a hint of scarface, ghostbusters and the raid. :lol

I don't know. I actually think it's a shady practice for an actor to sign a multi-picture deal (which Weaving did and assumedly Leto did as well) and then publicly announce that you don't want to do anymore and will be mad if you have to come back for more. Basically saying "Yes, the studio has the legal right to force me to appear in more films but my heart will NOT be in it so it'll probably be a phoned in performance and I'll be badmouthing the productions so do you really want me to return?" For Weaving it apparently worked.

I think studios should start adding "no negative talk about the arrangement or movies" clauses to the contracts

I agree, but actors should also have an opt out clause for multi picture contracts if they feel they've been misled the same way Leto is saying he was.

roller coaster yes, some parts were getting good and then it takes a nose dive into awfulness :lol

So do you want them to add you to the score board or not?:monkey3

:lol

Wait, wasn't that whitewashing?

Search your feelings pturtle and Clown you can't hate this movie, I feel the conflict within you 2, let go of your snobby love for X2 pturtle and of your golden shower obsession Clown.

If actors cannot taK begets sly about the movies they are in then we probably never would have gotten Alec Guiness as Obi-Wan. He hated that role.

Search your feelings pturtle and Clown you can't hate this movie, I feel the conflict within you 2, let go of your snobby love for X2 pturtle and of your golden shower obsession Clown.

clown is turning slowly, I can tell. :lol

WTF, is that from the movie?! It literally is Ballbusters!

Yeah, they shot that giant Dan Aykroyd ghost in the ****. It should have been Bill Murray getting shot in the **** instead.

I want gold underwear Joker too.

I can't help it. I keep watching scenes on YouTube and they remind me just how bad this movie is. This movie was a cool concept, with cool characters, starring some cool actors and somehow turned out to be horribly lame and cringeworthy.

I'm not a huge Cara Delevigne fan, but I'll admit she's hot. That being sad, I love her way of acting as Enchantress, and that includes the so-called "belly dancing". I love mythology, and one thing I that picked up is that the way she is acting is very similar to what the deities would act like. The thing is that Enchantress isn't invincible. She handle the squad well, but you can also tell the mind tricks and her fighting was to convince the squad to join her. She knows she can be beaten.

Consider the fact that ages ago people, whom I assume would have no technology more advanced than sticks and stones, managed to capture this "goddess". And the same to the brother, who was taking out air support with miniguns and rockets. They aren't gods, but they try to sell it as such and act the way they do. Same as when you try to feel better comparing to people near your surrounding. They even said it, "they worshipped us like Gods".

The thing about that dancing scene, is that she was performing a ritual. She isn't a ****ing Green Lantern, and making this ****ing storm with her willpower. This was a combined effort, and so she was performing a ritualistic dance. Now, I can see why people poke fun at it and say it's horrible, but they need to take an anthropology course before they bash on it.

A quick thing too, is her poses. When she tells Incubus to quickly attack them, she does that pose with a double hand pointing. It was very Egyptian, which I found to be a neat reference to deities.

I think she was an excellent choice, and why I don't mind the final battle at all.

I think she was an excellent choice, and why I don't mind the final battle at all.

The dance was strange but I was aware of that before watching the movie so maybe the anticipation of seeing it clouded my view on it.

I liked it when she reverted back to the witch role and was fighting the guys in the rain. It was well shot.

I had read the complaints about her dance before seeing it so I was expecting it to be really bad and that ended up not being the case at all for me.

It was only during one scene and her moves weren't that extreme to look silly.

I had read the complaints about her dance before seeing it so I was expecting it to be really bad and that ended up not being the case at all for me.

It was only during one scene and her moves weren't that extreme to look silly.

Yeah after I saw it the first time there were people here carrying on and saying that her supposedly ridiculous dancing ruined the character. So when I saw it again I assumed that it would really stick out and there was literally like one single two or three second shot of her waving her body around. As usual it was just more magnified BS on the internet. :duh

yeah pretty nit picky, it is like a 2.5 second shot when she's walking down the stairs. :lol

I'm not a huge Cara Delevigne fan, but I'll admit she's hot. That being sad, I love her way of acting as Enchantress, and that includes the so-called "belly dancing". I love mythology, and one thing I that picked up is that the way she is acting is very similar to what the deities would act like. The thing is that Enchantress isn't invincible. She handle the squad well, but you can also tell the mind tricks and her fighting was to convince the squad to join her. She knows she can be beaten.

Consider the fact that ages ago people, whom I assume would have no technology more advanced than sticks and stones, managed to capture this "goddess". And the same to the brother, who was taking out air support with miniguns and rockets. They aren't gods, but they try to sell it as such and act the way they do. Same as when you try to feel better comparing to people near your surrounding. They even said it, "they worshipped us like Gods".

The thing about that dancing scene, is that she was performing a ritual. She isn't a ****ing Green Lantern, and making this ****ing storm with her willpower. This was a combined effort, and so she was performing a ritualistic dance. Now, I can see why people poke fun at it and say it's horrible, but they need to take an anthropology course before they bash on it.

A quick thing too, is her poses. When she tells Incubus to quickly attack them, she does that pose with a double hand pointing. It was very Egyptian, which I found to be a neat reference to deities.

that is a very good point. or several good points. well said doctor :)

:goodpost: very good post :) definitely agree with all of this :) I really liked the Enchantress and all the folklore behind her character. her abilities were cool and I liked the fact she had to fight with it inside her. I think visually it got a little CGI heavy and its wasn't the most amazing CGI we have seen, especially Incubus probably needed more fine tuning, but still she was cool and I had no real problems with her. Her story i thought was good!! :)

im very positive that Cara Delevigne took inspiration from this

Back