Suicide Squad cast announced - how do you feel about a Deadshot figure without guns?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Suicide Squad cast announced - how do you feel about a Deadshot figure witho...

The Agent J figure didn't even come with the Noisy Cricket. All the weapons were packed with K.
Maybe there could be a workaround where Hot Toys could release the figure with no weapons, and send buyers a weapons pack as a "free gift" or something.

I've gotta say, it seems odd to me that this is a guy who obviously has a hangup about guns, yet chooses to portray one of the most gun-happy characters in comics in a movie.

I think Smith should've been Rick Flag and Hardy should've been Deadshot. The hard nosed colonel who hands out dossiers and debriefs the team sounds like a better role for him, in my opinion.

I think Smith should've been Rick Flag and Hardy should've been Deadshot. The hard nosed colonel who hands out dossiers and debriefs the team sounds like a better role for him, in my opinion.

Hardy probably didn't want to play another Batman villain.

Hopefully Leto's performance will be far away from Ledgers. He's a brilliant actor, let him put his own touch on it.

Re: Suicide Squad cast announced - how do you feel about a Deadshot figure witho...

The Agent J figure didn't even come with the Noisy Cricket. All the weapons were packed with K.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up, well I guess a weapons pack sold separately and for real cheap would be an easy fix to this issue.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up, well I guess a weapons pack sold separately and for real cheap would be an easy fix to this issue.

Not for a Hot Toy, if they ever make one. Unless they pull an Amazing Spiderman and release him with no Smith-likeness head sculpt.

Yup...exactly.

Oh God...here we go :ohbfrank:

So I guess you avoid all the Marvel Movies because Nick Fury strayed away from his comic roots?

Like gunm said, it's a bad cast cause it seems forced, not because he's being cast as a Black man...but he might still make the character more memorable than anyone else in the movie. Not likely cause it's WB/DC, but what's the characters race have to do with it?

It's the DC cinematic universe, it's not going to follow the comics in every way. But I do agree I could see him as Bronze Tiger and would prefer to see him on the team with Deadshot.

Fury was based on the Ultimates which I can live with. But this hollywood re-imagining comic characters is getting tiresome.

I don't see any changes to Deadshot being a huge deal. He's a b-list character 95% of moviegoers won't know anything about. Most folks who know of him now probably only became familiar with him over the last 5 years or so. I personally had some Suicide Squad and Deadshot comics back in the '80s, but didn't think too much of him even then. This isn't like Superman being debased in the way he was for Man of Steel. My bigger issue with Smith is that I think he's annoying and tiresome. But he does have legit acting chops when he chooses to use them, so hopefully that will happen here. But I swear, if we see his son show up I'm going to throw my drink at the projection screen and leave the theater in protest. Take that, WB/DC!

And yes, Oprah as a conniving, amoral black ops strategist could be the greatest thing to ever happen in a comic book movie.

Fury was based on the Ultimates which I can live with. But this hollywood re-imagining comic characters is getting tiresome.

So you are good with the re-imaging if it somehow was drawn in the comics first? The fact that Nick was in the Ultimates and they merged the modern history with the Ultimates history in the movie is okay though?

The way I see it, re-imaging is fine as long as it makes sense. I think Deadshot's ethnicity is a non-factor for the character. Will Smith being Deadshot is a whole other thing entirely. As others have mentioned, he's a 20 mil. a movie actor. He will not serve the character justly because the mask will be worn probably never. We all know the mask has to come off. No self respecting actor is going to do the movie in a mask from start to finish and a 20 mil. a movie actor will probably wear it for all of 1 minute during the opening battle scene...then it's gone forever.

Last edited:
I feel nauseous with the thought of Will Smith cast in any of these kind of movies. He should just stick to Hancock 2, as I'm sure that will be a huge blockbuster. :Flush

Will smith isn't right for dead shot mind you arrow didn't portray him well either.

As for the enchantress she's been about since the 80s she's just a b lister for dc.

As it's based on new 52 Im not really interested as frankly the new 52 sucks

Will Smith will suck in this. Deadshot will have a mask for five seconds and then never wear it again. I'm interested in seeing Leto as the Joker and Robbie as Quinn but that's about as far as my interest goes. I like the Suicide Squad but this casting was kind of meh, especially given how much it has been hyped.

I fear the chances of Will Smith wearing the mask in the movie will probably be for a short duration. His ego is already big enough, and the WB monkeys will probably have him in a partial balaclava, or 80% of the screen time without it on.

Yes, the character is already interesting enough with a prosthetic eye - there's no need for him to have a mask.

So, if you don't like guns, why sign on for a movie in which your character has guns strapped to his arms. . . and your character's name is DEAD. . . SHOT.

:slap

I like Oprah as Waller, but would rather have Viola Davis or CCH Pounder in the role. Why throw Will Smith AND Oprah in a movie of b-listers that needs to be Dredd gritty to gain real traction outside of geekdom? If they have that much money for this movie, there's a ton of turds they could have avoided....looking at you Ryan Reynolds GL.

This is a good conversation, but it always amazes me that our fellow geeks are so hung up on race...saddens me actually because of everyone in the world, we are the ones that are the dreamers and followers of dreamers like Lucas and Roddenberry. Why of all people would folks in this community give a **** if Nick Fury, a stormtrooper, Johnny Storm, or Deadshot is black? Finally the inmates are running the asylum and choosing to correct some of the insanely homogeneous fictional societies we all love visiting and yet there are still pockets of utter resistance to this day. As Lee and others have said, focus on whether you think the Man can do the job, not whether you think he cant do it because of his ethnicity.

Has it even been announced that Hot Toys or anyone for that matter is going to make figures from this movie? It seems like some of you are getting mad about not getting a figure with weapons, and you don't even know if there will be any figures from it. Lol.

That's pretty funny. If it has been announced that someone was going to make a Deadshot with Will Smith's likeness and no weapons, I appologize.

Back