Suicide Squad cast announced - how do you feel about a Deadshot figure without guns?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sigh.

Someone always has to take the perceived "high road" in conversations like this. Why is it so hard to understand that some of us want the source material to be respected as much as possible? That a character should be immediately recognizable both for their looks as well as their personality and actions? Sam Jackson is fine because it pays respect to Ultimate Fury. The New Ms. Marvel from the comics getting a movie would also be fine with me, even at the expense of live-action Carol Danvers stories. John Stewart being GL in the cinematic universe would also be fine. Hell, have the DC cinematic version of Robin be Duke. Do you know what isn't okay? Johnny and Sue Storm not being related by blood. Captain Boomerang not being Australian. Green Arrow being an absolute sourpuss who sucks the joy out of an otherwise decent show. The seemingly small details that make them unrecognizable to the people who bought the comics, sang their praises and kept the characters viable for decades.

And Roddenberry wasn't exactly a good role model, friend.

Never knew about Smith's "no toy guns" rule. Gotta love actors who are more than willing to wave guns around for a big paycheck, and then hop on their high horse when the money is in the bank...

Didn't the MIB figure come with guns?

Yep
I guess them being alien tech makes a difference.
:dunno
review_mib3_2.jpg

4bbb921f439a5_25172n.jpg

Has it even been announced that Hot Toys or anyone for that matter is going to make figures from this movie? It seems like some of you are getting mad about not getting a figure with weapons, and you don't even know if there will be any figures from it. Lol.

That's pretty funny. If it has been announced that someone was going to make a Deadshot with Will Smith's likeness and no weapons, I appologize.

It's a DC movie, there's not reason to think that HT WON'T make figures from it, unless something drastic happens like Batman Vs. Superman bombing like Ishtar.

It's a DC movie, there's not reason to think that HT WON'T make figures from it, unless something drastic happens like Batman Vs. Superman bombing like Ishtar.
Don't think this meant for you, just my opinion on all the fuss of this. There's also nothing saying that they are making them. I just don't understand why people are complaining bout something that hasn't been announced, or even hinted at yet, unless I'm wrong. theres complaints about no weapons for a figure that hasn't been made nor mentioned, for a movie that hasn't even started production yet😃

The lackluster Man of Steel sales might affect the likelihood of these figures happening. Both Zod and Superman were offered at heavy discounts for Spooktacular and Black Friday. After Rewards Points, you could get Superman for around $100, and he still didn't sell out.

Of course, Man of Steel was a pretty polarizing movie. I have a suspicion that this Suicide Squad flick will be more enjoyable to more moviegoers.

Sigh.

Someone always has to take the perceived "high road" in conversations like this. Why is it so hard to understand that some of us want the source material to be respected as much as possible? That a character should be immediately recognizable both for their looks as well as their personality and actions? Sam Jackson is fine because it pays respect to Ultimate Fury. The New Ms. Marvel from the comics getting a movie would also be fine with me, even at the expense of live-action Carol Danvers stories. John Stewart being GL in the cinematic universe would also be fine. Hell, have the DC cinematic version of Robin be Duke. Do you know what isn't okay? Johnny and Sue Storm not being related by blood. Captain Boomerang not being Australian. Green Arrow being an absolute sourpuss who sucks the joy out of an otherwise decent show. The seemingly small details that make them unrecognizable to the people who bought the comics, sang their praises and kept the characters viable for decades.

And Roddenberry wasn't exactly a good role model, friend.

Never knew about Smith's "no toy guns" rule. Gotta love actors who are more than willing to wave guns around for a big paycheck, and then hop on their high horse when the money is in the bank...

Why is it so hard for people to understand that the cinematic universe IS NOT the comic universe :huh Things are not gonna be just as you remembered them from your childhood. If you're longing for your precious childhood memories just like you remembered them, I'd suggest just re-reading those same books. Probably give you less headache than hoping and wishing characters ethnicities, family relationships and back stories stayed the same in the movies cause it won't.

...and I don't think DCfett was referring to Roddenbury's personal life, moreso his work regarding the stereotypes and norms it challenged.

Well "friend", the point wasn't about the source material per se, but the fact that some go all ape wild because Johnny Storm is cast as a black man, or Deadshot may end up being cast as a black man, or that characters from THG are cast as AA, or that there's a black dude in a stormtrooper outfit. OMG, a stormtrooper is based on the Nazis, they would never accept a black person in the ranks and neither should I!

So, even though your particular argument is about source material, a lot of those arguments are thinly veiled in racism. Maybe not yours, but there is a lot of it going around as of late. So no high road or horse here, just seems like there are a lot of folks in geekdom who may have read comics from their grand wizards...err,ummm granddads lap who might not have taught them a few things about the world at large.

Certainly not every deviation warranted, but race shouldn't come into play and, to your argument, it certainly needs no verification or justification from the comics in order to represent a broader view.:lecture

Love the cast. Love the source material. If the movie is even half way decent I will want the whole Squad. I would even want Waller provided they get anyone but Oprah to play her.

Deadshot being black doesn't bother me. I like Will Smith, and yeah a part of me thinks they should have switched Hardy and Smith, but whatever. If they pull off the costumes and I like the movie I am in.

On a side note, I love how Johnny Storm being black or now Deadshot being black is always a huge deal and people scream about diversity run amok, pandering, etc. Ridley Scott makes a movie about ancient Egypt with an all white cast. Then justifies it by being flat out racist. No one bats an eyelash. People are funny.

On a side note, I love how Johnny Storm being black or now Deadshot being black is always a huge deal and people scream about diversity run amok, pandering, etc. Ridley Scott makes a movie about ancient Egypt with an all white cast. Then justifies it by being flat out racist. No one bats an eyelash. People are funny.

:yess: Haha sooo true!

Back