Suicide Squad cast announced - how do you feel about a Deadshot figure without guns?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Warner Bros has firmed Will Smith, Tom Hardy and Margot Robbie for its DC Comics villain team Suicide Squad, and has set Jared Leto to play The Joker, Jai Courtney to play Boomerang and Cara Delevingne to play Enchantress in the David Ayer-directed film. Smith plays Deadshot, Hardy Rick Flagg and Robbie Harley Quinn. Most of these were reported on. Not in the studio announcement is whether Jesse Eisenberg brings his Batman V Superman villain Lex Luthor to the DC cavalcade, as I’ve heard will happen.

So Will Smith won't let toys with his likeness have weapons. This should be interesting...

I don't think I even like his casting in that role either. Still, if the character is masked as he is in the comics, there should be no issue with a "gunless" Deadshot.

They're really missing an opportunity here too. Black Manta is the leader of the Squad in the current comics. They could cast Smith as Manta and then have him in place for the villain in Aquaman.

It seems like a waste to cast a big star like Smith in an ensemble without setting him up for something else.

I agree, but only Marvel/Disney has any creative vision and willingness to commit to a long term plan for their movies. It's much, much harder for studios to be willing to bet the farm on multi-picture deals with actors for a specific franchise these days.

This i should have seen this coming with Will Smith getting involved in dc and Jada Smith in GOTHAM ROLE. I think Leto could be a amazing joker possibly. I was hoping for Tara Strong to be Harley i Adore her voice and could easily be best Harley.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eUPZxr2Y7zM

NO guns with deadshot is crazy stupid why does everything have to be so safe now a days? lighten up will or dont play deadshot at all.

Last edited:
They're really missing an opportunity here too. Black Manta is the leader of the Squad in the current comics. They could cast Smith as Manta and then have him in place for the villain in Aquaman.

It seems like a waste to cast a big star like Smith in an ensemble without setting him up for something else.

Now that would be good casting. Manta is a great character. I really don't know that much about Suicide Squad and its lineup, just that it's villains who can work off their time by going on near impossible missions. Have no idea who this Captain Flag is. And can't believe DC can get away with can using the Enchantress name, especially since she's a major villainess in the Marvel U and will probably show up in Ragnarok. Hopefully they will change it. Why not just use someone like Cheetah who's already established. for that matter, is there a reason not to have Deathstroke instead of Flag (again don't follow the comics).

Leto and Robbie are good with me for Joker and Harley. I'm sure Hardy will be fine as Flag. I think Smith as Deadshot is a mistake, but I guess we'll see. With his level of celebrity, I feel like he is being shoe-horned in as a "Name" rather than actual consideration of how he could be as that character, but maybe he will prove me wrong.

Just googling images of most likely fanmade pics of LETO and Margrot as harley n Joker.
Margot Robbie is a pretty Quinn and Leto looks crazy enough to possibly but to be fair they are pretty unknown to me.

Last edited:
Leto and Robbie are good with me for Joker and Harley. I'm sure Hardy will be fine as Flag. I think Smith as Deadshot is a mistake, but I guess we'll see. With his level of celebrity, I feel like he is being shoe-horned in as a "Name" rather than actual consideration of how he could be as that character, but maybe he will prove me wrong.

Robbie and Leto should be fantastic as Harley and Joker. Will Smith would never have been my top choice for Deadshot or even my tenth, but the guy has stepped into a couple bad guy-type roles as of late, and while he's not outstanding, he's surprisingly not too bad, either. Until I see a trailer for Suicide Squad with Floyd acting like Agent J, I'm willing to give him a chance.

So Deadshot is black? Why not cast him for Bronze Tiger? I love that character. Fantastic 4 and Suicide Squad, I"m not gonna pay money to watch these movies for straying away from their comics origins.

Yup...exactly.

So Deadshot is black? Why not cast him for Bronze Tiger? I love that character. Fantastic 4 and Suicide Squad, I"m not gonna pay money to watch these movies for straying away from their comics origins.

Oh God...here we go :ohbfrank:

So I guess you avoid all the Marvel Movies because Nick Fury strayed away from his comic roots?

Like gunm said, it's a bad cast cause it seems forced, not because he's being cast as a Black man...but he might still make the character more memorable than anyone else in the movie. Not likely cause it's WB/DC, but what's the characters race have to do with it?

It's the DC cinematic universe, it's not going to follow the comics in every way. But I do agree I could see him as Bronze Tiger and would prefer to see him on the team with Deadshot.

I fear the chances of Will Smith wearing the mask in the movie will probably be for a short duration. His ego is already big enough, and the WB monkeys will probably have him in a partial balaclava, or 80% of the screen time without it on.

I fear the chances of Will Smith wearing the mask in the movie will probably be for a short duration. His ego is already big enough, and the WB monkeys will probably have him in a partial balaclava, or 80% of the screen time without it on.
I'm guessing the same thing.

Suicide Squad cast announced - how do you feel about a Deadshot figure witho...

So Will Smith won't let toys with his likeness have weapons. This should be interesting...

What about about the Enterbay MIB figure though?

I think it came with two giant guns or something like that. Of course they weren't real guns but it should have the same effect, and since HT figures are high end collectibles targeted toward adults he might not have a problem.

Last edited:
Re: Suicide Squad cast announced - how do you feel about a Deadshot figure witho...

What about about the Enterbay MIB figure though?

I think it came with two giant guns or something like that. Of course they weren't real guns but it should have the same effect, and since HT figures are high end collectibles targeted toward adults he might not have a problem.

The Agent J figure didn't even come with the Noisy Cricket. All the weapons were packed with K.

Now I'm really curious who will play black manta. Is it weird that I read a lot of dc comics and I have no idea who Flagg is?

Back