David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

So what was with the Joker dressed as Batman Hot Toys figure? Was there some split second flashback of the Joker wearing that that I missed?

And Hardy would have been terrible as Kinneman's character.

Last edited:
DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

So what was with the Joker dressed as Batman Hot Toys figure? Was there some split second flashback of the Joker wearing that that I missed?

And Hardy would have been terrible as Kinneman's character.

I think it's just a variant. It wasn't in the movie at all.

Kinneman was terrible as Kinneman's character as well :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just watched it today, liked it a lot! Great chemistry between characters and I liked the story quite a bit!
Loved Diablo! And Katana as well!

Compared to batman vs superman this was like the godfather.

And yet it was a solid 4/10 at best.

I'd go so far as to say it was an awful film with slight redeeming qualities... Will smith and Margot Robbie carried the film and left it watchable, the character design and visuals were well done but all in all it was pretty much an embarrassment of a film.

I'd pay pretty decent money to have Leto Joker expunged from my memory.

What the hell was the sound track and editing of the film all about? Not only was it an embarrassment it was downright annoying.

Can we talk about the lame slow motion ending or batman randomly making out with an unconscious Harley Quinn, the entire plot, lack of character development or other downright puzzling factors that left this mess almost incomprehensible?

I like Cara Delavine, I've shot her a couple times in my career but she should have never gone to Hollywood she's just a terrible actress I'm sorry.

The whole thing. Just, ew.

Saw it opening night. Lived up to my expectations. It reminded me of Dirty Dozen, Escape From New York, etc. Nothing is really mind blowingly special about those films, theyre just fun action b-movies and that's what this was. A fun action b-movie with a roster of second rate villains. Good chemistry, more backstory than I expected. Some bad-ass moments, some dark comedy. A little Batman and Joker mixed in to tease us. People saying they were'nt "bad" enough. I guess murdering people for money, canabilism, killing your friends and family, wife and kids don't come across as brutal enough these days? Will be a part of my blu-ray collection. 7/10

poetry

NMJ1ck1.png

Last edited:

yah but the audiences like it, its at 74%. I trust the audiences way more than critics. 74% is a decent score especially when its getting dumped on by the critics. Green Lantern had a 45% audience rating. so that was about a 20% difference. But SS is like almost at 50% difference which to me indicates the critics are trashing it because they have a thing against DC films. How many movies have a 50% difference of Audience vs Critic ratings? Not many. I was going through the list on RT and i couldn't really find any with that big of a difference. 74% seems about right. imdb is at 7.2/10. So even that it pretty close. The critics are just flat wrong with this movie. This whole Critic/RT thing is just ridiculous.
Screen Shot 2016-08-06 at 2.29.42 AM.jpg

we will see about the audience ratings after sunday.

we will see about the audience ratings after sunday.

its not going to change that drastically. its already had 68,000+ votes. Its going to stay in the 70-75% range. compare that to the critic reviews, there are only 226 critic reviews. 68,000+ vs. 226....

Last edited:

I enjoyed this because of my low expectations, it was a very good b movie.

Maybe having alcohol helped!:lol

I didn't leave the film wanting to change a thing, except thinking it might have been even better if they stuck to the original scenes.

One thing made me think about the DC movies, is that maybe they should have started with Batman and introduced the Justice league members gradually. Batman films has such pulling power for audience.

I feeling like they might be doing everything backwards for the DC movie universe. I wish BVS movie would have been after this, it would have been a good build up!

Saw this last night. Mediocre is the best way for me to describe it. My fears with Will Smith came true. He was just Will Smith in a Deadshot costume. The villain was weak and the Joker was essentially wasted in this movie. B vs S was soooo much better than this. Looking forward to WW & the JL.

Saw this last night. Mediocre is the best way for me to describe it. My fears with Will Smith came true. He was just Will Smith in a Deadshot costume. The villain was weak and the Joker was essentially wasted in this movie. B vs S was soooo much better than this. Looking forward to WW & the JL.
For me I didn't see Will Smith in a Deadshot costume I saw Deadshot. He was a highlight in the film for me.

For me I didn't see Will Smith in a Deadshot costume I saw Deadshot. He was a highlight in the film for me.

Same here. I was worried that Smith was going to be too funny, but he played Deadshot well. I was very interested on seeing more of him and Batman history in the film.

There was enough Joker scenes through out the film as I read he wasn't in it much.

Boomerang was so cool.

Killer Croc was awesome, I can't wait to get the PF statue of him.

Yup, I don't think I'll like the show though, but the trailer was great. I'm not a fan of the guy that they got to play Luke Cage, he doesn't have much range at all as an actor. Hopefully I'm wrong because I love Daredevil on Netflix and I though Jessica Jones was okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My sentiments exactly! Everything in this post I absolutely agree with.

Not being a comic book dude....is this Amanda Waller the same Dr Amanda Waller from the Green Lantern movie?

ssshhhh, don't remind people of GL. We had enough of that in Deadpool.

Have not seen it yet, nope.

Hopefully early next week.

Now i'm curious if I will end up in team pturtle or team Khev. :lol

I'm curious too. I think most people who really enjoyed BvS seem to enjoy SS. Haven't read enough posts to gauge if that's how it's tracking, but eh, you might have fun. I'm just not going to see it because they didn't release the movie that was promised or at least teased. That's my gripe.

but why do you feel dirty because you are seeing a movie that critics panned? you might enjoy it? i enjoyed it and i've hated movies that critics said were good. :dunno

Because it was panned and by giving DC money they win despite giving us terrible movies. I mostly agree with the critics on this one. After BvS I said I wouldn't go unless the reviews were acceptable but in this case they weren't and yet I still went. Shame on me for not sticking to my guns :eek:(

Back