David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

Do you think part of the problem with a lot of fans getting fully behind this film is that it really is completely bad, or that we feel bad about liking a film that is about the bad guys ? People we are not supposed to be rooting for ?

Do you think part of the problem with a lot of fans getting fully behind this film is that it really is completely bad, or that we feel bad about liking a film that is about the bad guys ? People we are not supposed to be rooting for ?

:lol

No. It's just bad.

It's just bad. The bad guys were too likable and weren't portrayed as any worse than Batman in BvS. The film should have been rated R and the characters portrayed as true villains--bad enough that you didn't want to root for them but couldn't help yourself. Waller was a better villain than the rest put together.

Those are the DCC statues but with different bases, right?

Now i'm curious if I will end up in team pturtle or team Khev. :lol

I say Team Khev... Do you really want to be on Team President of Josh Trank fan club? :lol :monkey3

Just watched it today, liked it a lot! Great chemistry between characters and I liked the story quite a bit!
Loved Diablo! And Katana as well!

Diablo, Katana and Killer Croc were my favorites. :D

This whole Critic/RT thing is just ridiculous.
View attachment 283787

Agreed.

The audience in the theater we were in was really into the movie and that made for a really fun movie experience! Screw what the critics say. :lecture

It's over :lol

What? They do this with almost every big blockbuster film. I preordered BvS the weekend it came out, as well as Civil War the weekend it came out in theatres. This isn't anything new.

Saw it this afternoon and to me nowhere near as awful as it is being made out to be. I actually enjoyed it but still feel it was a wasted opportunity. The story in terms of the actual mission is meh(something like Assault on Arkham would have made a better adaptation). The film is shot too dark, flat and dull, the character looks are too overly designed and everyone is too ghetto and dirty looking for my tastes.

It is easily the worst Joker put on the screen and with a motivation that made no sense (he has always been annoyed by Harley and would never go to any effort to rescue her. He tolerates her at best). Everything about him is wrong although Johnny Depp should just take it as a high compliment. Will Smith was Will Smith for the most part but was a better Deadshot than I was expecting. The daughter stuff did not need to be so prominent, especially in the third act, they really did make these villians too decent instead of dangerous criminals. Margot did a good job as Harley, would have liked a lot more Katana especially in terms of backstory and why she was there, and thought Killer Croc looked great and would love to see him going up against Afflecks Batman at some point. Boomerang was better than I expected, would have liked his character developed more but just hated his look as much as the Joker's. Waller was the standout and deserves to be seen again in the DCCU.

All in all, to me it was not a disaster, I have seen worse, I have seen more forgettable and I would watch it again after it gets a home release. I have not given up on the DCCU completely just yet, but damn they need to get their act together quickly. The DC characters are so strong and interesting already that getting these films right shouldn't be so hard.

Ahhhh all these conflicting reviews here. I feel I'm interested in seeing the movie now, just to see if I will like it or not. I honestly, had such high hopes for this one and thought it was going to be the best movie of this "DC Universe". Still, can't wait to see it. Oh, and here is another review.

I like when he says "Film critics showed up to see a film, not validate their obsession with a ****ing action figure.". Lol, that hits close to home.

i hope that DC will make the joker more like a joker and not like a loverboy

Ahhhh all these conflicting reviews here. I feel I'm interested in seeing the movie now, just to see if I will like it or not. I honestly, had such high hopes for this one and thought it was going to be the best movie of this "DC Universe". Still, can't wait to see it. Oh, and here is another review.

I like when he says "Film critics showed up to see a film, not validate their obsession with a ****ing action figure.". Lol, that hits close to home.

Friend of mine said "It's great, it's a comic book movie, don't look too deep into it"
To which I replied
"It's a film regardless of its source material - it should work as a film. It shouldn't get off easier just because it's a "comic book movie". The Dark Knight was a CBM too but it was an excellent piece of cinema in it's own right. Thats like saying "well the chicken is raw in the middle but the chef is new so I'll say it's nice and eat it anyway just because I wasn't expecting much"

It's just bad. The bad guys were too likable and weren't portrayed as any worse than Batman in BvS. The film should have been rated R and the characters portrayed as true villains--bad enough that you didn't want to root for them but couldn't help yourself. Waller was a better villain than the rest put together.

That's what I was on about before it came out (in a post that got no responses whatsover). Was it really a good idea to skip villain and go straight to anti-hero with these characters? I say no. We haven't seen them be villains yet and immediately we need them in an enemy of my enemy scenario? Just another item on the list of terrible decisions they've made with these movies.

Last edited:

so glad to come back on here and see most people enjoying it! I'm dying to see it again. If the DCEU does end abruptly this thing has cult classic written all over it

DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

"What if Superman ripped the roof off the whitehouse, grabbed the president and flew off. Who would stop him?"
"Erm, how about a mentally deranged, overly tattoo'd millenial in sparkly hot pants weilding a baseball bat?"
"Does she have superpowers?"
"No"
"Perfect!"
FFS

That's what I was on about before it came out (in a post that got no responses whatsover). Was it really a good idea to skip villain and go straight to anti-hero with these characters? I say no. We haven't even seen them be villains yet and immediately we need them in a enemy of my enemy scenario? Just another item on the list of terrible decisions they've made with these movies.

I completely agree. I felt bad for Deadshot as soon as Batman confronted him in front of his daughter-which Batman wouldn't do considering how traumatized he was as a child. I've never seen Batman go after a criminal when a kid was present. It would have worked better if Batman confronted Deadshot during the act or immediately after killing someone--and he certainly wouldn't need Waller's help finding him in Gotham. Harley didn't do anything besides shake her ass and watch Joker kill someone before Batman caught her. Until she went after her guards, the audience only saw her as a victim of Joker's seduction--and considering how the guards treated her, I'd expect anyone to try to attack them. Diablo was a victim of not being able to control his powers, Captain Boomerang was the bank robber you'd want to have a beer with, Killer Croc just wanted to be left alone, etc., etc. Over and over we're told these people are the worst of the worst, but they certainly weren't portrayed that way. For as dark and gritty as DC tries to make their films, the one film that should have had some nastiness to it was way too kid-friendly. Even the end was like a video game with all the CGI and bloodless enemies shattering at the slightest touch.

"what a ride"
i just seen this movie last night and i loved it. i seen a few articles and what not saying it wasnt very good like negative reviews and i left the cinema thinking those people were the crazy ones. again i loved it, every part of it. there was low points like any movie but even those i still liked.

My favourite character was harley quinn duh but she was fantastic and sassy and crazy and i loved her. the joker i also loved and he was someone i know some people trashed a lot but he was a nice matchup to harley and i loved how he was unpredictable insane edgy and evil but in a funny way and he loved harley so much too i think deep down in his own twisted way. thats why my favourite scene was the Ace chemicals scene and the last scene with him. I loved deadshot too as kind of the central character in the movie with the rest. Enchantress was kewl too and freaky witchy.

Im happy too i left my harley bat at home coz I wanted to smash a Claw crane machine and take a pink unicorn lol or one of the cute stuffies they had

I completely agree. I felt bad for Deadshot as soon as Batman confronted him in front of his daughter-which Batman wouldn't do considering how traumatized he was as a child. I've never seen Batman go after a criminal when a kid was present.

That doesn't give me much confidence in Affleck taking the reins for the solo Batman film. Surely he should have known better than to go along with that.

Back