David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

If there was no Enchantress (in her water ghost form, didn't care for her "queen" look or whatever it was) or Joker or blob head goons and it was JUST Enchantress' brother then yeah, the whole conflict would have been "Apoc bad" I suppose. But all those other characters were there so I'm good.

I liked the little "alliances" that developed between certain Squad members too. I really didn't know who was going to get the best of who at the end.

I just got back and this is easily top 3 worst superhero movies of the past 20 years. I'm not sure if it's worse than Fantastic Four but but as of right now I think it is.

I think DC has to reboot because I can't see them coming back from this, this is a franchise killer.

Leto's Joker was abysmal, every scene in the movie he was in made me cringe. I'm not even talking about his interpretation of Joker, only his performance and it was the 2nd worst in the movie only behind Killer Croc :lol

Killer Croc was so terrible in this movie I couldn't believe it, he was calling people "bruh" and all he wanted to do was watch BET. I can't even believe what I'm typing right now :lol

Yup, this takes my number 2 spot in worst superhero movies of the past 20 years. MOS, and BvS are masterpieces compared to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol:lol

I found the gif... :lol

I think it was smart of them to cut this out.
j9NqJXe.gif

I did want to see him mess that cop guy up tho.

thank god they left this in instead

I think I might have enjoyed it more if I had ADHD, was 20 years younger, and was full of Red Bull.....
I feel like it was made for that person.....

How anyone can pan the Nolan Trilogy is beyond me. I re watched it a few weeks ago.....those are some fantastic films. Actually story, character motivation and plot with multilayers.....

This was just anther action flock with familiar names thrown on characters to bring in crowds.....
4/10

DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

I was mentally prepared thanks to Difabio's early spoilers. There were no surprises...especially regarding Leto and his "beef" scene...as well as the rest of the film.

I enjoyed it as bad Will Smith film. It's not a real DC film in my mind.

As long as that helps you sleep better at night thats all that matters :lol

Seriously though, I can't believe how badly most of these characters were butchered, especially Joker.

I did like Will Smith, and Margot Robbie was hit and miss, mostly miss in my opinion. I actually liked Jai Courtney as Boomerang but he wasn't fleshed out at all for me to really say he was good as the character, all I can say is he didn't give a bad performance, but Killer Croc and Letoker were the worst characters in that movie by far in my opinion.

Now I want the Affleck Batman Premium Format even more since he wears the same costume in both movies.

I do wish the movie had several scenes of special forces soldiers meeting horrifying ends and then cutaways to the Squad kind of chuckling at their demises, hopefully this one also gets an R-rated cut.

I want the Hot Toys BvS Batman now! :lol

I think I might have enjoyed it more if I had ADHD, was 20 years younger, and was full of Red Bull.....
I feel like it was made for that person.....

I don't know what you're *twitch* talking about man, I loved *twitch* Suicide Squad and I've never *twitch twitch* been formally diagnosed as having--squirrel!

I want the Hot Toys BvS Batman now! :lol

Might as well get the rebreather one now so it will double for either movie. And you know they just had him wear that...apparatus...as an excuse to sell another action figure. I mean come on, if Harley could hold her breath then I'm pretty sure Batman could too. :lol

Have not seen it yet, nope.

Hopefully early next week.

Now i'm curious if I will end up in team pturtle or team Khev. :lol

As long as that helps you sleep better that all that matters :lol

Seriously though, I can't believe badly most of these characters were butchered, especially Joker.

I did like Will Smith, and Margot Robbie was hit and miss, mostly miss in my opinion. I actually liked Jai Courtney as Boomerang but he wasn't fleshed out at all for me to really say he was good as the character, all I can say is he didn't give a bad performance, but Killer Croc and Letoker were the worst characters in that movie by far in my opinion.

Yup, I liked Smith and wouldn't mind seeing more of him. The prison guard too :lol

Harley is just...useless, imo. She has a baseball bat...wow...that's useful against an ancient god. Especially when that god is fighting the team with a knife...instead of, you kknow, killing them all with her unlimited magic powers. :dunno

Boomerang was another useless character...but the acting was fine.

There wasn't enough Joker for me to dislike him, but the few lines he had weren't great and honestly, he didn't need to be in the film at all. He could show up at the end as a cameo, and his contribution to the story would be the same.

I'll be shocked if you're team Khev in this one :lol

Yup, I liked Smith and wouldn't mind seeing more of him. The prison guard too :lol

Harley is just...useless, imo. She has a baseball bat...wow...that's useful against an ancient god. Especially when that god is fighting the team with a knife...instead of, you kknow, killing them all with her unlimited magic powers. :dunno

Boomerang was another useless character...but the acting was fine.

There wasn't enough Joker for me to dislike him, but the few lines he had weren't great and honestly, he didn't need to be in the film at all. He could show up at the end as a cameo, and his contribution to the story would be the same.

The guard might have been the best character in the movie actually, he was great :lol

Yea I was speaking more on like line delivery and performance, I though Margot was okay, I could see her doing a far better job under better direction and being in a better movie but Leto was so bad I just don't know. He really did go full retard on this one.

I also might be in the minority here but just the little bit of Batfleck that showed up in this was enough for me to never want to see him again.

Also something I noticed, when showing Harley at the strip club, did it say that she was behind Robin's death? Because it would be weird that Batman didn't let her drown if she had considering that was the reason he broke his rule on BvS.

You definitely won't like it more than the Avengers films. It was much better than Deadpool and XMA though.

In my opinion SS totally stole the thunder of DC's own Justice League. They really ARE the "DC Avengers" right now. The trailers made it seem like it was just "Waller's Roughnecks" or something but she really does have the full approval of the US government to use the team, it really is a global threat, the bad guys in this movie even do much more damage than Loki and the Chitauri ever did. I think it's pretty hilarious that they really are WB's answer to the Avengers at this point.

At least when members of the SS do something unhelpful it actually makes sense. Why did Thor disregard Cap's orders to bottleneck the portal and light the bastards up? He could have kept shooting lightning all day and no more Chitauri would have come through. But when SPOILER on the Suicide Squad doesn't do what SPOILER is supposed to do it makes sense because they're all disloyal and unpredictable.

Also something I noticed, when showing Harey at the strip club, did it say that she was behind Robin's death? Because it would be weird that Batman didn't let her drown if she had considering that was the reason he broke his rule on BvS.

I didn't see that. I hope not...that's Joker's "kill," not Harley's. That's between Bats and Mr. J...THEIR history, so Harley can **** off.

I wouldn't be surprised. According to this film Harley is crazier and more fearless than Joker :dunno

Also, I can't imagine Tom Hardy in this film.

I didn't see that. I hope not...that's Joker's "kill," not Harley's. That's between Bats and Mr. J...THEIR history, so Harley can **** off.

I wouldn't be surprised. According to this film Harley is crazier and more fearless than Joker :dunno

It was real quick, it said something about Robin real quick when it show her stats. I couldn't read it, hopefully someone catches that.

I was thinking the same thing about Hardy :lol

Yeah, she tells Common she killed Robin. But with anything Joker and Harley say, you can't always be sure they're telling the truth.

I knew I wasn't crazy!!

The only way to save this universe it turning Letoker into Letobin, there's still hope.

That scene with Joker "supposedly" urinating on Harley reminds of something Azarello's Joker narrative would do. I would love to see that added back to an R rated cut of this movie. It touches on the immense psychological abuse that this character was capable of in the comics. It also tinkers with the some of the ideas that drove G. Johns in making Martha Wayne the Joker in Flashpoint. An affinity for pain, insanity, and an ultimate breakdown of everyone around him. Even the comics told stories for big big kids. [emoji106]

Back