David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

So if they won't release this film in China would Doctor Strange share the same fate? Saw the new trailer and that just looked like a cgi fest

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

The only version of BvS I've seen is the ultimate edition and it was so bad I had to take a break from the movie a few times to keep from screaming at my TV so I can only imagine how bad the theatrical release was if the UE is supposedly so much better.

I'm sure Snyder's got his "the studio forced my hand" speech ready for when JL inevitably flops with critics as well.

My main question is why are they even allowing him to direct more DC movies?

same feeling...

WB needs this to be as big a financial success story at the box office as any other tent pole summer movie.

WB/DC executives will be in very BIG trouble if this doesn't hit at least 800 million!

For them this is no joke.

WB is probably sick and tired of wasting their efforts on superhero movies.

They're their own worst enemy though.

800MM it's a longshot, and yes they are their own worst enemy at this point.

Really?

Why would WB do that?

I'm not saying it's not true but it's not exactly like Snyder is in big demand from other studios.

300 and Watchmen were his only good movies iMHO.

I enjoyed approximately 12 minutes out of BvS's 183 minute runtime

lol

They are like Sega to Marvel's Nintendo.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

good analogy

Lemme guess, is that the total time the camera spends on Harley's ass?

I don't let bad movies stop me from buying figures either, I have BvS Batman preordered because I think it looks awesome. I won't be getting any figs from SS squad though because I think think every single one of the character designs are awful and frankly it kinda pisses me off as a DC fan that they did what they did with these characters.

I'm still keeping my preorders for the SS figs.

**** this "Ultimate Cut" nonsense. I don't want to hear that the movie in the theater wasn't the "real" or "intended" version. These movies aren't the epitome of well-crafted cinema anyway so don't warrant a special edition. Edit the movie right the first time and release it how it should be so people buy the dvd because they loved the film--not because they have to buy it to see the movie the way it should have been in the first place.

exactly....

Yup, I believe WB might be finally screwed with this one.

I wonder what's WB gonna do? MoS was divisive, did well in the BO, BvS was divisive, did ok in BO, this one's reception is mainly negative and could potentially bomb...

Are they gonna release WW if SS creates DC fatigue and negative association from the audience? They invested in it already, same for JL, release it so you get your money back but risk more PR damage to the properties if it's poorly received again, which is going to virtually kill JL before release?

It's a pickle.

I say, forget the movies. Get comicbook writers and make a Netflix universe :clap

IIRC wasn't the Aquaman movie supposed to be released THIS year or 2017 but now has been pushed back to 2018? seems there is already talk of shelving the rest of the franchise. If SS tanks (the real test will be after this weekend) then the sole hope lies on WW for next year, and if SS tanks, you can guarantee that WW will be reshot....IF they used the same trailer company to make the WW trailer that made the SS one, no wonder it looks decent....

Box office mojo is predicting a very healthy 145 million opening, lets see. It's the widest theater # opening ever for August.

Give it a year. I feel like the majority of the fans will hate it then. Just like TDKR, everyone praised the movie, now read how everyone feels about it, given the few exceptions of course. :lol

Crap then, crap now. Crap forever. :lol

Box office mojo is predicting a very healthy 145 million opening, lets see. It's the widest theater # opening ever for August.

Lol, and the current record holder? Guardians of the Galaxy! Slightly funny that SS is predicted to beat their opening.

It wil make money anyway, even if it sucks. That's the frustrating thing, studios might give more of the same thing.

This movie is what happens when something tries to be cool, and isn't.

Boring/10.

image.jpeg

I still say 170 million opening a good possibility- the critics bashing may take it down $10 million or so but it will be huge. Week 2 will be the key...

Also, I must say: this franchise has built in reboot potential. All you really need is Waller, and you can, essentially, just try again with a whole new team. Kill some of them, reassign others to their respective corners of the DCEU, or keep those who were solid, like Deadshot, Boomerang, and Harley.
Though not like a reboot really, that's how the original comics worked. Just rotating guys in and out.

Check this out. (Still hate the track though)

Makes me want to see the movie less. Terrible. If you're gonna have Joker in your video, have him do something that Joker would do. Not walk around, doing jack ****.

Little disappointed in the Rick Ross music video. Joker did basically nothing in it. :dunno I'm at the theaters about to see SKWAD for the 3rd time :lol

Little disappointed in the Rick Ross music video. Joker did basically nothing in it. :dunno I'm at the theaters about to see SKWAD for the 3rd time :lol

now we really have a barometer on your tastes! :D

j/k if you like it all good. I'm going to see it probably tomorrow afternoon.

Back