David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

Spoiler Spoiler:

This was a good read ZaCH. One of the more sensible reviews that isn't trying to side with what the critics want us to think. Sounds like you had a great time! :duff

I appreciate that as I think it's always fair to have your own oppinion, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did goose. I hope everyone who hasn't seen it does. that's honestly the best way to describe this movie. it's a great time. I might be biased because I tend to want to love anything that these characters are in, but this flick does not deserve the backlash.

I appreciate that as I think it's always fair to have your own oppinion, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did goose. I hope everyone who hasn't seen it does. that's honestly the best way to describe this movie. it's a great time. I might be biased because I tend to want to love anything that these characters are in, but this flick does not deserve the backlash.

Cinema viewings are few and far between for me at the moment so the movies I do see tend to be an experience in themselves. My sister is my partner in crime when watching these types of movies so it's cool digesting the movie in the car on the way home. I'm excited to see this. :D

Literally no one has complained of this :lol

The complaint is the opposite, that the story is see-through thin.

Wrong, in the critic's blurbs (RT) some are complaining that they found the plot messy and confusing, literally.

I saw it tonight and I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed it more than BvS.

The characters were far more interesting. Not enough Joker but I enjoyed all of his scenes. Harley was great. Will Smith did what I expected but was better than I thought he would be. Amanda Waller was a bad ass.

I saw it tonight and I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed it more than BvS.

The characters were far more interesting. Not enough Joker but I enjoyed all of his scenes. Harley was great. Will Smith did what I expected but was better than I thought he would be. Amanda Waller was a bad ass.

Nice! Just what I thought this would be like.

I'm seeing this tonight!

Just came back from a midnight showing ...... what a BLASSSTTTT. to be honest though me and my friends got absolutely hammered beforehand. Really have to sleep on it but I loved it, we all loved it. My biggest complaint is that it all flew by so damn fast. I have to see it again right now.

Just came back from a midnight showing ...... what a BLASSSTTTT. to be honest though me and my friends got absolutely hammered beforehand. Really have to sleep on it but I loved it, we all loved it. My biggest complaint is that it all flew by so damn fast. I have to see it again right now.

Great! :clap

I'm just glad all these negative reactions match/line up with what I said.

Was getting a little worried when all those positive tweets were pouring in last week. I was really afraid some of you guys I talked with would think I was full of it or had **** taste. Turns out it was right on the money!

Now just waiting on this to happen,

View attachment 283495

OR

"The Ultimate Suicide Squad cut will fix everything" logic. :lol

I think this is the exact opposite kind of "bad movie" than BvS was. BvS was structurally bad, the editing was all over the place, and, because of it, it was incoherent, and the UC solved a significant amount of those problems by just adding new footage for context. This, though, I think the only way to salvage this monstrosity is if you got authorization to rewrite half the ****ing thing, cut a bunch of characters, recast some others, and, all in all, make a completely different movie. No amount of Joker asking Harley how much **** she's gobbled is going to put a band-aid on the problems with this film: namely, that it exists.:lol

Also for those who bitched and moaned endlessly about the damaged tattoo... YOU COULD BARELY EVEN SEE IT

Also for those who bitched and moaned endlessly about the damaged tattoo... YOU COULD BARELY EVEN SEE IT

Well, I suppose, as long as you could just barely see it...

It's still ****ing stupid.:lol

yeah but anyone who doesn't analyze this ****, like us, would simply not notice it. All this talk about "trying too hard" I don't see. It was a slick and entertaining action flick. The characters were all so interesting my biggest complaint is simply not getting enough of them. But I also agree the pacing was very messed up. Within 30 mins I was thinking "is this the finale?"

yes in regards to being an amazing movie... it cant be with this pacing. But guess what? we get an hour long finale filled to the brim with explosions and crazy character exposition and action beats all staring the c list suicide squad. And there's no other . words than bad ass to describe enchantress wielding those swords towards the end. Holla at me if you thought that imax 3d was absolutely nuts. (Disclaimer I was under the influence so I could be wrong, but who cares if I'm wrong....)

Last edited:

Saw it tonight. Don't know how anybody can call it good with how Joker and HQ were butchered. How WB can make a movie of characters they own and not do them justice is way beyond me.

Just got back from seeing this twice and I really enjoyed it. I went in knowing these were new takes on the characters, and I had a great time each viewing.

Jared Leto did a great job as the Joker. I hated his tattoos at first, but they work with his character. I liked Deadshot a lot more than I thought I would. He ended up being a favorite. Harley Quinn was annoying, and I hated whenever they tried making her act "serious". Out of all the roles Jai Courtney has done, I think Captain Boomerang was my favorite. I liked the whole cast, pretty much.

I think I may have liked this more than BvS.

Looks like that after all the expected hate the movie was going to get in opening week from critics and so-called critics more and more positive reviews are coming in and I'm sure the general audience may take to it better - considering it's just another comic/action movie to them and they don't spend years anticipating a movie just to tear it apart on day one.

Back