David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

Suicide Squad fans should be happy Nine Lives came out this week, makes SS score more impressive.

Nine Lives on RT is at 0% right now. WB must have paid off the critics! :lol

Nolan gave up towards the end. TDKR was a good bookend to the trilogy but is easily the weakest movie in the trilogy. Again that's not me saying it's a bad movie, I like it, but it's my least favourite of the three and it has some questionale WTF's about it. You could tell Nolan was done.

:exactly: :lecture

TDKR 8 year story gap made no freaking sense, it was all related to Ledger's death is what that was.

At least The Force Awakens 32 year gap in story was due to the age of the actors. :lol

This the Leto joker era, not ledger. That's him being the joker, just in da club, poppin bubbles, wearing chains and grills hangin out with rappers :lol
I get that he's a very different kind of Joker. But can't you do all the things you are mentioning, while also allowing him to be an unpredictable psychopath with his trademark sense of humor? But then, maybe Leto wasn't allowed to do much else there. Or maybe he did other things that were cut.

As a big Nolan fan, I don't want him to come back, unless he's working on his own self-contained Batman universe with Bale as Batman. No Superman and no JL.

Having said that, Nolan's Batman story is done. It ended the way it should, and there's no need to revisit that story....unless it's a Batman Beyond type film with old Baleman.

I say use Flash to time travel and reboot the whole DCEU, get rid of Snyder, and get someone like Feige to create a cohesive cinematic universe with some kind of storyline that doesn't feel like they're improvising with each new film without long term plans.

I love this RT review.

"Suicide Squad amounts to an all-out attack on the whole idea of entertainment."

DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

I'd rather no universe at all. Why not just adapt the most popular stories from the comics and keep rebooting? Just do Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, AquaMan etc.... like James Bond, or better yet like what WB is doing with the DC animation films. This universe building does nothing more than create plot holes, limit creative freedom for the creators, force the studio to meddle with these films, and alienate people who don't like certain interpretations of characters. Someone like me has to wait until 2028 to possibly get Marvel movies that I can start enjoying, and if WB has similar plans for their DC characters then God knows how long Joker fans have to put up with Letoker :lol

In 10 years we can have 5 or 6 different Batman films inspired by popular stories with a varied tone and different actors that'll help keep these characters from becoming stale.

Batman especially is the kind of character that you don't really need to reintroduce to the general audience, you can start his movie at about any point in his life and nobody would be lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I enjoy Nolan's batman films but batman barely even got a chance to be batman in them

in the first one he only takes on the true batman persona near the end, in tdk he's just then making a name for himself then goes in to hiding for 8 FREAKIN' YEARS, then he come back and is batman for a total of about 9 months in rises before he retires completely

so in all he was only actually batman for around 3 years

Batman especially is the kind of character that you don't really need to reintroduce to the general audience, you can start his movie at about any point in his life and nobody would be lost.

That was one of my big things about BvS....the whole intro sequence with the Wayne's murder was just un necessary. At this point int h game, if you're watching a batman movie and STILL need to be hand held to his beginnings, then you probably shouldn't be seeing Batman in the first place.....The fact that little Bruce's parent's were killed which is what set him down the path of justice to become Batman should be one of the universal truths everyone knows and accepts, like the concept of gravity.....

I actually understand that one, though, since it was necessary to prime the audience for the silly Martha revelation later.

:exactly: :lecture

TDKR 8 year story gap made no freaking sense, it was all related to Ledger's death is what that was.

At least The Force Awakens 32 year gap in story was due to the age of the actors. :lol

The 8 year gap is not really a flaw though.:lol

Technically, it could have been a one year gap instead of 8 years, but as far as the storyline goes, once Batman took the fall for Harvey's crime and the Dent act was created, Batman couldn't be a hero anymore.

Still, it would be a bit much if right after TDK ends, a year later the League of Shadows shows up again, imo.

:dunnoNolan gave up towards the end? whhhhaaat? For me TDKR is better than any Marvel movie ever made with the only one that comes close is Winter Solider for me. Nolan captured every essence of 75+ years of Batman in the trilogy which i think is an extremely difficult thing to do. He brought non-comic book fans in. The World Wide praise for his trilogy is beyond almost every movie other than Star Wars. If people really don't like TDKR, i think they are in a very very small minority.

I'll be seeing SSquad tomorrow which i can't wait!!! Its been killing me that all these reviews are out and I can't really comment back to them because I haven't seen it yet. I do feel something is going on with the critics and DC films. Fan reaction is so far much stronger for the film, which to me is what really matters.

I actually understand that one, though, since it was necessary to prime the audience for the silly Martha revelation later.

Well, by the time they got back to it, since her name was uttered in the first 2 mins of the movie, the audience may have forgotten it by the time they get back to it, 2.5hrs later!!!

OR Snyder could have come up with some other reason for BatFleck to spare Superman....I thought the two mother names being the same was an eyeroll thing for me really....I went into it with open mind, and low expectations, but as much as I tried, I just couldn't get to like that movie. Now in hindsight, I've set the bar and expectations even lower for SS....which usually means I'll end up liking it, but won't know until tomorrow...

:dunnoNolan gave up towards the end? whhhhaaat? For me TDKR is better than any Marvel movie ever made with the only one that comes close is Winter Solider for me. Nolan captured every essence of 75+ years of Batman in the trilogy which i think is an extremely difficult thing to do. He brought non-comic book fans in. The World Wide praise for his trilogy is beyond almost every movie other than Star Wars. If people really don't like TDKR, i think they are in a very very small minority.

I'll be seeing SSquad tomorrow which i can't wait!!! Its been killing me that all these reviews are out and I can't really comment back to them because I haven't seen it yet. I do feel something is going on with the critics and DC films. Fan reaction is so far much stronger for the film, which to me is what really matters.

I also don't think Nolan gave up towards the end, but I do agree that TDKR is the weakest one. Frist viewing I was rating it around a 7/10 but a second viewing some time later it's a solid 8/10 in my book. I chaulk it up to TDK being so good and a 10/10 (Ledger's performance notwithstanding) that it would be hard to top it.

The 8 year gap is not really a flaw though.:lol

Technically, it could have been a one year gap instead of 8 years, but as far as the storyline goes, once Batman took the fall for Harvey's crime and the Dent act was created, Batman couldn't be a hero anymore.

Still, it would be a bit much if right after TDK ends, a year later the League of Shadows shows up again, imo.

Yup, the 8 year gap was actually the smartest move to make. Anything soon after starts to hurt the grounded world and then Nolan would have to explain a lot of things from the second movie which revolved around Joker.

I saw the film last night and I enjoyed it. I've seen complaints about characters not getting fleshed out but I don't see how that's different than any Avengers, X-Men or team up movie.

They were smart to focus on Deadshot and Harley. I hope Amanda Waller is the DCs version of Nick Fury and is in every movie because she is way more kick ass.

I liked all the characters. Joker was a cool interpretation and i'm glad they didn't just go for something that was a copy of Ledger. Harley was fun and great and reminded me of the animated series.

I saw the film last night and I enjoyed it. I've seen complaints about characters not getting fleshed out but I don't see how that's different than any Avengers, X-Men or team up movie.

They were smart to focus on Deadshot and Harley. I hope Amanda Waller is the DCs version of Nick Fury and is in every movie because she is way more kick ass.

I liked all the characters. Joker was a cool interpretation and i'm glad they didn't just go for something that was a copy of Ledger. Harley was fun and great and reminded me of the animated series.
I didn't think about that for Waller. But she will do great as a Fury type with being able to work with both heroes and villains.

Back