David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

People have been recording scenes like that since at least the first Avengers. I think the studios feed off it and prefer the free viral marketing.

Damn, do they not know how to close a set or keep people from recording with their stupid cellphones?

They can't do that, it's not a set, people actually live there :lol

I'm actually surprised there aren't more of these videos, I guess Canadians are just that nice, Deadpool is also shooting in Canada and we didn't get that many videos and pics.

Plus I'm sure they'll increase security when they get to a more juicy part of the movie.

Hey man I'm just being snarky don't pay me any mind. ;) I'm not even 100% sure on where they're filming, Toronto was just an educated guess.

Nah man, it's cool. I was merely implying was that it's quite bizarre how much they're leaking bits of the movie. We now know how everyone looks like and we're actually seeing a car chase with Bats and the Batmobile, I swear WB is intentionally allowing this to happen to get fans to talk.

I remember the news decades back when WB was furious over people trying to get a glimpse of the set of Batman & Robin. :lol

Yes it's a 1:1 scale model of Toronto....

:lol :lol :lol

Nah man, it's cool. I was merely implying was that it's quite bizarre how much they're leaking bits of the movie. We now know how everyone looks like and we're actually seeing a car chase with Bats and the Batmobile, I swear WB is intentionally allowing this to happen to get fans to talk.

I remember the news decades back when WB was furious over people trying to get a glimpse of the set of Batman & Robin. :lol

Nothing new, remember how much footage there was for TDKR and Avengers.

DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

I live in Toronto guys and this is being filmed on Yonge St between College and Queen, which is one of the busiest places in the city. They filmed these scenes Monday, Tuesday and tonight, the street is closed to traffic from 7pm. However the shops do not close until 8 or 9 pm and the biggest shopping mall downtown is right next to the street, along with the subway. So you can imagine the amount of foot traffic on this street during these hours.

I will add that the city of Toronto do not charge a cent to the production company to shut down one of the busiest streets (if not the busiest) in the downtown area. I went along tonight for the final night of shooting and there were crowds everywhere. Along with the crew members moving people back, there were many police working with crowd control.

Personally I don't think it was handled very well as people kept wondering up the street to where it was blocked off, only then discovering that they couldn't walk up north and had to detour around or go back through the mall. Every 5 seconds someone had to be told they couldn't go that way, it was pretty irritating watching these people keep trying to get past. One guy pushed his way through with his bike threatening to smash a woman in the face with it's tyre if she didn't get out of the way. I mean, what a jerk!

Anyway I was there till about midnight when they were doing a scene with the Joker car driving past and a taxi and red vehicle collide, however the stunt didn't quite go to plan. Both cars went further than they were supposed to, running into buildings on opposite sides of the street. I don't know if anything was damaged as everyone was too far away to see it properly, but it definitely didn't go to plan. I imagine it would have taken a while for them to reset everything up after that.

All I saw of the Joker car was the stunt doubles inside and then a guy with a green and white umbrella was spinning it in front of the car, I guess trying to hide it from view, not that we didn't already see lol.

One more thing, the crew were trying to get people to leave by saying they were only shooting normal cars that night. An hour later Joker's car drives through, but I wasn't staying long enough to see if the Batmobile turned up.

Joker's car is not a Lamborghini, but a Pagani. Which is a make I'd never heard of before tonight, but there you go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm curious if WB have learned from their mistakes, or if they're going to be ****ing dumb again and make the first footage "exclusive" to Hall H.

This flick can't even get the stunts right.

Last edited:

I knew batman would show up in this movie as he did in the cartoon version of the movie which was also bat**** insane. Assault on arkham already has some influence over this movie from what I'm seeing.

I hope we get to see the Batwing chasing this next...

n6FFFhu.jpg

Amazes me the same people that **** all over anything in this section are all on board with this dreck.

I'm not a fan of the suit. Not yet anyways.

Christ, so much happening in this damned movie.

This movie needs to calm the f--- down.

Back