David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

I'm digging the idea that the grills are there because Batfleck knocked his teeth out, though, and I'm hoping that winds up being the case, because one look at Batman in that BvS trailer, and you know the guy can do some serious damage, and just looking at this Joker, I feel like it's not difficult to see why this guy would draw the ire of The Dark Knight.

I can see that.

lASJIJE.gif

I also hadn't thought of the fact that the tattoos, stupid haircut, stupid car, etc. are all designed to make us just dislike this guy on a gut level. If that was the intention, based on responses in this thread, I would say that strategy is working! :lol

I just can't get myself too worked up over this cosmetic stuff though. If he's a kick-ass Joker, then I'll look beyond that. Hell, I've done that for many great X-Men movies with characters wearing ******, forgettable costumes.

Now he has a stupid haircut and a stupid car too? :dunno
The overall look is fantastic, as you know my only complaint is about the tats, and even then, my complaint's from the aesthetic point of view, not character-wise, I wonder if that will change when seeing the movie.

There's nothing wrong with the car, it doesn't have to go against the character at all, he can be riding a silly car like that, a tank or a bicycle with training wheels, it makes no difference, he probably would blow it up himself at any given time, it's pretty silly to pretend to know what's going on inside his head.

"Hahaha" plates and rims are really Jokerish, if he draws graffiti hahahas all over walls and stuff he can do it on his car too.

The overall look is fantastic, as you know my only complaint is about the tats, and even then, my complaint's from the aesthetic point of view, not character-wise, I wonder if that will change when seeing the movie.

There's nothing wrong with the car, it doesn't have to go against the character at all, he can be riding a silly car like that, a tank or a bicycle with training wheels, it makes no difference, he probably would blow it up himself at any given time, it's pretty silly to pretend to know what's going on inside his head.

"Hahaha" plates and rims are really Jokerish, if he draws graffiti hahahas all over walls and stuff he can do it on his car too.

The tattoos are stupid, but like others have said, I'll wait and see how they fit with this version of the character. This character seems to be a bit of a contradiction, because he doesn't seem to be an anarchist like Ledger's joker, someone who is outside of the system trying to bring it down and burning money, which society values. This Joker seems to embrace the system, or at the very least, he's aware of what society and people value, hence the cool expensive car, the gold rings, the nice clothing, even though they are flashy, they look expensive.

He's aware of how those things are viewed by people and how they are synonymous with status and success. But despite of all those things, he has tattoos, even on his face, and that's something that someone on the outside who doesn't care might do, someone who is part of a subculture, so I don't know what to make of him? He seem to be a contradiction or perhaps in his own way, he is making fun of the very things that society and certain people value...or maybe he just doing it because he can.

I wonder if they're going to say that the Joker killed Jason Todd 20 years ago, went to prison, got off on "good behavior" or whatever and is now relishing the fact that he can drive around in broad daylight and Batman can't touch him so we're seeing him be as gaudy and flamboyant as can possibly be. Furious, Battfleck can only cruise behind him but at a distance.

Every "HaHaHa" emblem or label that Joker flaunts to the public is actually the ha ha ha of laughter toward Batman, the "damaged" tattoo is an infuriating facade that the Joker, not the one he murdered, is the victim.

Last edited:

The tattoos are stupid, but like others have said, I'll wait and see how they fit with this version of the character. This character seems to be a bit of a contradiction, because he doesn't seem to be an anarchist like Ledger's joker, someone who is outside of the system trying to bring it down and burning money, which society values. This Joker seems to embrace the system, or at the very least, he's aware of what society and people value, hence the cool expensive car, the gold rings, the nice clothing, even though they are flashy, they look expensive. He's aware of how those things are viewed by people and how they are synonymous with status and success. But despite of all those things, he has tattoos, even on his face, and that's something that someone on the outside who doesn't care might do, someone who is part of a subculture, so I don't know what to make of him? He seem to be a contradiction or perhaps in his own way he is making fun of the things society and certain people value...or maybe he just doing it because he can.

I thought you liked the tattoos :lol

I'm not gonna try to analyze the character based on these early pics, only until I see him in action.

But in my mind yeah, he's like that because he can, as he's always been, physically speaking Joker can take many forms, so I guess as long as they get the character right then great.

For instance, I love Ledger Joker, it's my favorite so far, I don't quite care about the movie but Ledger Joker is awesome, but I feel he's a bit restricted by defining him as an anarchist, Joker has grown to be above and beyond the system, which is farther than being just against it, if that's what they're doing here, then Joker having a car could mean absolutely nothing.

Hell, Batman could completely destroy that car in that car chase they're showing and Joker could go "Hey, that was a rental!".

I thought you liked the tattoos :lol

I'm not gonna try to analyze the character based on these early pics, only until I see him in action.

But in my mind yeah, he's like that because he can, as he's always been, physically speaking Joker can take many forms, so I guess as long as they get the character right then great.

For instance, I love Ledger Joker, it's my favorite so far, I don't quite care about the movie but Ledger Joker is awesome, but I feel he's a bit restricted by defining him as an anarchist, Joker has grown to be above and beyond the system, which is farther than being just against it, if that's what they're doing here, then Joker having a car could mean absolutely nothing.

Hell, Batman could completely destroy that car in that car chase they're showing and Joker could go "Hey, that was a rental!".

:lol

Now I'm contradicting myself :lol I don't hate the tattoos, but they are kind of stupid looking, especially the "damaged" on the forehead, but overall, I like what I see so far, and I'm glad there's a chase involving Batman and Joker, which is something they used to do in the animated series. And I love that.

Why dors he drive a pink lambo though with joker wheels? Looool

Because the character is a flamboyant attention whore?

Nicholson and Ledger were too. Strutting around, showing up on live television, chewing up scenery. Joker gets off on attention, he's the ultimate showman. That's why he contrasts Batman so well.

Because the character is a flamboyant attention whore?

Nicholson and Ledger were too. Strutting around, showing up on live television, chewing up scenery. Joker gets off on attention, he's the ultimate showman. That's why he contrasts Batman so well.

Exactly, if there's something you can pinpoint about the Joker that's pretty much it, in fact, most times when Batman defeats him he does it by bringing down his act.

Because the character is a flamboyant attention whore? Nicholson and Ledger were too. Strutting around, showing up on live television, chewing up scenery. Joker gets off on attention, he's the ultimate showman. That's why he contrasts Batman so well.

:goodpost::exactly: :lecture:lecture:lecture

Now he has a stupid haircut and a stupid car too? :dunno
Oh, where's KitFisto when you need him... :lol

___
Why do people look for every nit to pick?
They gave away the plot point so everyone could ***** about that Instead of bitching about everything else.
Then do not watch.
You really need some help. There is nothing that you don't look to pile on and make fun of. This movie may very well suck, but for God's sake do you need to say it over and over and over and over and over before it even comes out? You're not the only one who does this, but for crying oit loud do you really think EVERY movie coming out sucks?

Maybe someone in prison held him down and tattoo'd his forehead, who knows.

Maybe it was Batman that gave it to him after he broke his teeth.

We are all assuming that he gave it to himself.

*if he did, then that is stupid. :lol

Last edited:
Back