DarkArtist's 1st Annual Halloween BASH!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check this out guys... I did the figures for the total amount that will be spent on this party for decor and such alone... $300. :horror

The food will be another story altogether, but I will cross that bridge when I get there. At least I have 3 months to save for it. Definitely will be fine tuning the decor price to get it closer to my budget, so I am confident I can pull it off.

I got all of my costume stuff coming, so at least I don't have to worry about that. I usually have to spend these three months putting a couple hundred into a costume...so it should work out to right around what it always does. :lol

And the guests list for out of towners is now FULL, so I probably won't be able to allow any more out of state attendees unless they plan to get a hotel for the weekend or something. At least unless there is a cancellation.

This weekend I will post a couple of videos to show you guys the plans for the yard and the house layout, so people know what they are getting into if they come. :duff

Check this out guys... I did the figures for the total amount that will be spent on this party for decor and such alone... $300. :horror

The food will be another story altogether, but I will cross that bridge when I get there. At least I have 3 months to save for it. Definitely will be fine tuning the decor price to get it closer to my budget, so I am confident I can pull it off.

I got all of my costume stuff coming, so at least I don't have to worry about that. I usually have to spend these three months putting a couple hundred into a costume...so it should work out to right around what it always does. :lol

And the guests list for out of towners is now FULL, so I probably won't be able to allow any more out of state attendees unless they plan to get a hotel for the weekend or something. At least unless there is a cancellation.

This weekend I will post a couple of videos to show you guys the plans for the yard and the house layout, so people know what they are getting into if they come. :duff

josh pm me for the best place to stay for us outtatowners....(keep in mind im not on a pf 1/4 scale budget but more like a 1/6th scale budget....:monkey1...:lol)

will probably be me. i haven't had a beer in months so i'll probably get drunk from smelling one.

:lol Same here, I haven't had a night of heavy drinking in a while. Especially when carrying an axe or machete all night. :D

And Barryo, I will do that. That seems like a good idea anyway. Thankfully, we have a local motel that is right down the road from me in Dunnellon. It's one of those old school Norman Bates style Motels, but it's small and definitely cheap. I'll see what the prices are for you guys and let you know. It should be pretty damn cheap. :rock

That seems fair.

Josh, make it so!

draft_lens2209648module19537082photo_1236458539captain_picard.jpg

:rotfl:lol:rotfl

Ok, my Wife has talked to me... and she said it's ok if more people come from out of town that want to stay, but they just have to try and bring a pillow and blanket. And they should not mind being crammed in with other people like Hamsters. :lol

I will post pics later today of the rooms for sleeping, to give you guys an idea. It's basically pulling up a piece of carpet and passing out, we don't have much furniture or anything... It should make for a hilarious morning, that's for sure. Next year I will try to get a tent and a blow up mattress. But if anyone can bring anything like that, please do so.

As for drinking, we have made a decision on the Keg... it will be a standard keg of Miller High Life. I might buy a bottle of Jack and Jaeger as well, but it just depends on my money situation when the time comes.

I will update the first page with the movie list, the drinks and the food..

Sounds good, be forewarned though, I started having a yearly Halloween bash at my house with all kinds of effects and scavenger hunts, murder mysteries and such, The first year I started I had thirty people and only invited about 20, last year was the 13th year into it we're had about 350. More and more people started showing up each year. We had to start renting a bar for the night or a hall, and getting comp insurance. It's gotten to be so much work this year I dont think I'll be having one.

Damn.... I'm very fortunate not to have local friends, so I hope it never gets that big. If it ever does I will just sell tickets early and rent a hall or something. :lol

As promised, here are the pics... just so people know my layout and what space I am working with. Pardon the mess in my spare room, it's rarely clean in there. And be forewarned.. I do have a cat.. so if anyone is allergic.. know that his hair ends up everywhere.. so bring meds. :D

Spare room:

house1001.jpg

house1002.jpg

Living room:

house1003.jpg

house1004.jpg

Backyard and porch:

house1005.jpg

house1006.jpg

house1007.jpg

Are there still openings for in-staters to attend? I'd like to meet other people from this board (and not from this board of course!) and am in Orlando. :) I'd be happy to help with food and covering costs. Have to spend some time on the costume idea though. :-D

Back