Predator - 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do kids think of this film today? Does it pace well enough for them? Do they laugh at parts that aren't supposed to be funny?

I found Predator pretty scary and even disturbing when I was a child.

I watched it with my nephew a few weeks ago. He said he liked it but I think he was being polite as I thought he was getting bored. I think kids nowadays, re-wired from technology and the way action movies are made, can't sit through movies anymore - especially when it's mostly dialogue for a good portion of the movie.

The part that he laughed at was, "You mean to tell me he was killed by a ****in' lizard?!"

You're not fooling anyone, your wife made you write that.

:lol I assure you no. My wife likes it, but she hasn't seen it enough to know the script as well as I do. Although she knows T1, T2 and Robocop as well as I do and tends to drop a random line from them at me on occasion.

I do intend to make her watch it more, though.

This is kinda sad because I remember were never getting a new Dutch, or Jungle Pred 2.0s... feels bad man.

Blood Dragon is basically if the Predator/Terminator/Robocop movies had a baby during a coke-fuelled orgy during a VHS 80s action movie marathon.

That's the gist of how awesome the game is. :lecture

I watched it with my nephew a few weeks ago. He said he liked it but I think he was being polite as I thought he was getting bored. I think kids nowadays, re-wired from technology and the way action movies are made, can't sit through movies anymore - especially when it's mostly dialogue for a good portion of the movie.

The part that he laughed at was, "You mean to tell me he was killed by a ****in' lizard?!"

That's an interesting point you make. Kids growing up nowadays are "spoiled" in the amount of comic book, sci fi, or fantasy movies that have been released or are coming out.

Back when Predator came out, sci fi movies were few and far between, fantasy movies were pretty much relegated to B level schlock, and comic book movies were pretty much unheard of. Predator came out and took itself seriously.

Feel free to use openly, only against the pretentious autuers. Fight the good fight, man. I just SMH at the posts.

wWsrqe9.jpg

234px-Screen_Shot_2013-05-03_at_5.03.35_PM.png

:lol I assure you no. My wife likes it,
Sure you do, Mrs Snake Plissken ;)

but she hasn't seen it enough to know the script as well as I do. Although she knows T1, T2 and Robocop as well as I do and tends to drop a random line from them at me on occasion.

I do intend to make her watch it more, though.

This is kinda sad because I remember were never getting a new Dutch, or Jungle Pred 2.0s... feels bad man.
I think the fact that she endures and even likes a bit of our manchild hobbies is good enough.

Most girls pretend to like this stuff just to get attention, but if she likes it after you guys got married, then it's genuine, you lucked out.

Sure you do, Mrs Snake Plissken ;)

I think the fact that she endures and even likes a bit of our manchild hobbies is good enough.

Most girls pretend to like this stuff just to get attention, but if she likes it after you guys got married, then it's genuine, you lucked out.

She's more into horror, but usually she's the one that suggests watching The Terminator on Netflix if all else fails. I also converted her to liking it more than T2 :lol

I know this theory has been around for years now, but do you guys think the Predator laugh was to taunt Dutch or gave him a chance to escape? I think for the last few years I've been inclined to believe the latter.

Back