2014 SSF Spooktakular Halloween Kitbash/Custom Figure Challenge! Winners Announced!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galactiboy

OT Preferist
Reaction score
Greetings!!!

It's time to get our creative (and other bodily) juices flowing and have another old-fashioned custom figure challenge!!!

The rules for this are simple:
1. The figure(s) shown must be Halloween themed, and only one entry per member!
(what does that mean; well anything scary, horror related or reminiscent of the Halloween season)

2. The figure has to be something you worked on, either full-on custom, kitbashed or massively upgraded. No posting a complete work you bought from someone else :monkey3

3.The custom work must be new, not something you made last year or week, hence the "challenge" part of getting it done in 30 days

4. The DEADline for submissions is 11:59pm CST October 31st, 2014.

5. Teaser images are highly encouraged, but no full figures until 3 days before the DEADline

6. This is meant to be fun, so let's be helpful and encouraging to one another. This isn't about who makes the best figure, but members getting involved and having a good time!!!

And now most importantly...

THE PRIZES!!!
Generously donated by Sideshow Collectibles!!!

1st Prize!!!

Sideshow Collectibles "The Joker"

joker_zpsf32836ac.jpg

2nd Prize!!!
Mezco Toyz "Chucky"

chucky_zpsd4db0de1.jpg

Rules for winning:
1. After the cut-off date one completed figure (submitted during the 3 day window) will win the prize.

2. The winning entries will be randomly selected and announced on or about November 1st 2014 :panic: The first prize goes to the first number drawn, the second prize goes to the second name drawn.

3. Shipping is generally provided by Sideshow for domestic winners, international winners may be responsible for shipping and any VAT or Custom fees associated with the value of the prize.

So, break out the parts bin, start scouring eBay and Toy Anxiety and get your thinking caps on!!!

And just to keep track of interested parties, post you your name here if you'd like to participate :duff
1. galactiboy (not in the contest pool)
2. TurdFerguson
3. Levit05
4. Hunterdnrc
5. Ajkhunter
6. barryo
7. elvis1976
8. Mando
9. Dr. Odd
10. ApeManRyan
11. angry-fetus
12. 8-bit commando
13. Death Star
14. siquisiri
15. F_seb
16. Ryu
17. dragonsleeper
18. Caine
19. zebraten

Last edited:
Re: 2014 SSF Spooktakular Halloween Kitbash/Custom Figure Challenge!!!

November 1st 2013

Damn, missed the deadline.

:lol

You know I'm in. I've got something perfect in mind that I've been wanting to work on.

Always an awesome event Joseph! I always enjoy seeing everyone's work, I might actually participate in this one!

Great! Glad to see some early interest!!! I'll add names later on today :rock

November 1st 2013

Damn, missed the deadline.

:lol

You know I'm in. I've got something perfect in mind that I've been wanting to work on.

Always a smart ass :lol And yes, I did mostly copy and paste from last year, but did miss that detail :lol

Sounds like a great time! I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone's work. I would love to compete as well but, since i'm awful at both customizing, and kit-bashing, I think i'll just cheer from the sidelines. :woo

Don't know what I'll do but I definitely want in. Had a blast last year.

Sweet, keep the names coming guys :rock :rock

This should be fun... lots of things you can do with a Halloween theme :lecture

I don't have any extra funds for parts, but if I can scrounge some stuff and put something decent together, I would love to participate :)

Well, we've got you added Dr. Odd :rock

I'm in! Hopefully I can start on the project soon. This will be fun! Still debating on what I really want to do for my submission. Thought I had it but than something else awesome came to mind too. Hmm. :rock

I'm in! I have something I've wanted to do for a long time!

Definitely keep the names coming guys! I think I'm sticking with my original project but I want to do all of the work myself so Galacti you have time to work on your submission. Kick as on t and the rest fo you do the same! It's time for me to do my own work. Definitely excited to tackle the projects and show you guys what I got coming. :rock

I'm in too if there's room left

Back