2013 SSF Halloween Kitbash/Custom Figure Challenge!!! Winter is Coming!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galactiboy

OT Preferist
Reaction score
[ame]https://youtu.be/-aRKfKh_w2c[/ame]​

Greetings!!!

It's time to get our creative (and other bodily) juices flowing and have an old-fashioned custom figure challenge!!!

The rules for this are simple:
1. The figure(s) shown must be Halloween themed, and only one entry per member!
(what does that mean; well anything scary, horror related or reminiscent of the Halloween season)

2. The figure has to be something you worked on, either full-on custom, kitbashed or massively upgraded. No posting a complete work you bought from someone else :monkey3

3.The custom work must be new, not something you made last year or week, hence the "challenge" part of getting it done in 30 days

4. The DEADline for submissions is 11:59pm CST October 31st, 2013.

5. Teaser images are highly encouraged, but no full figures until 3 days before the DEADline

6. This is meant to be fun, so let's be helpful and encouraging to one another. This isn't about who makes the best figure, but members getting involved and having a good time!!!

And now most importantly...

THE PRIZE!!!
$100 Gift Card to Toy Anxiety!!!

After the cut-off date one completed figure (submitted during the 3 day window) will win the prize.

The winning entry will be randomly selected and announced on or about November 1st 2013 :panic:

So, break out the parts bin, start scouring eBay and Toy Anxiety and get your thinking caps on!!!

And just to keep track of interested parties, post you your name here if you'd like to participate :duff
1. galactiboy (not in the contest pool)
2. barryo
3. Gary23
4. Darko
5. TurdFerguson
6. Caine
7. Mando
8. Elvis1976
9. Hunterdnrc
10. Peteskywalker
11. Dawnfreak207
12. Hidden Jitsu
13. Angry Fetus
14. tylerh
15. Groovy34
16. RavenEye
17. averagejo
18. dragonsleeper
19. siquisiri
20. saintsyn
21. F_seb

Last edited:
Re: 2013 SSF Halloween Kitbash/Custom Figure Challenge!!! There will be a prize!!!

So. . .does the entire project have to be new, or can it be new work to finish a project that has been languishing in limbo for awhile?

Very cool idea for a contest, btw!

Re: 2013 SSF Halloween Kitbash/Custom Figure Challenge!!! There will be a prize!!!

damn j............a throwback to the good ole' days. count me in..........i have something i've been wanting to do & this might be the kick i needed to get started.

I love this idea, I probably won't participate but the idea is fantastic.

So. . .does the entire project have to be new, or can it be new work to finish a project that has been languishing in limbo for awhile?

Very cool idea for a contest, btw!

Preference would be for something new... if it's just spot of paint and done, then not much of a challenge in 30 days. But if you just have some parts, but not much work done then I'd say it's fair game.

I personally have no idea what I'm going to do, I had the idea to resurrect this kind of contest before I gave any thought to what I could do :lol

damn j............a throwback to the good ole' days. count me in..........i have something i've been wanting to do & this might be the kick i needed to get started.

Yeah buddy... that was the idea. Can't wait to see what you come up with :rock :rock :rock

Last edited:

Ha! Love it:hi5:

Put me in brother!

Awesome Gary :rock

Although your Furies are not fair game... those are already nearly done :lecture :lol

Last edited:

:monkey2 :impatient:

Sorry... w/o rules our entire civilization would crumble into dust :lol :huh

And, remember only teases before the 29th :lecture

Ok brother, I'm starting a new one now:impatient:

Now is the time :lecture :lol

Depending on how well this works I might steal this idea for something else.

This sounds fun! great idea man! put me down! :hi5:

Sweet Darko, glad to have you aboard... seems like this would be right up your alley :lecture

Depending on how well this works I might steal this idea for something else.

Steal away, I stole it from when these were going on 3 or 4 years ago on the board :lol

This sounds awesome, I'm in!

Sweet! Got you added :hi5:

BTW, I believe the prize is going to be a gift code/card to one of our parts retailers in the amount of $100. I'm just working on the details and should know for sure by tomorrow afternoon :rock

This seems like a lot of fun. I'll definitely put something together!

Sweet Caine!

Yes! Just like the good 'ol days!!! :yess:

Already have a Hawlloween project started, but its only a head at the moment. ...and feet. Is that okay?:monkey3

Back