Statue Cap Movie PF..Order now..Links to Order in 1st post !!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Cap Movie PF

It's awesome! Masterpiece :clap Ordered, no doubt!

Bravo Sideshow!

The first two photos on the Gallery are the weirdest photos ever. Switch left arm with extra shield? Who's going to display him facing the wall so you can see the battle damaged shield? Why not right arm???? And where are his guns? I thought he would be holding the pistol on his left hand....

I really don't get it Sideshow....I really don't....

Still don't like the pose. I need 360 view with the EX shield. Probably will order this since it's a Cap. Thor movie PF need a companion in a besta shelf. The unmasked head looks pretty good to me. I thought we are going to get a switch out hand with a gun?

3001141_press01-001.jpg
300114_press13-001.jpg

HT version for comparison:

264085_10150211330057344_58690437343_7454185_2876769_n.jpg
300114_press09-001.jpg

as much as I want to like this, I just can't. Gotta agree that the angles are all messed up for displaying him.

unmasked face sculpt looks terrible. if your going to do movie versions of characters you better get the likness right!
pity cause i actually like the costume design.

This came out worse than anticipated. Both head sculpts are way off, the maskless sculpt is just plain awful. The pose...idk it's like they were trying too hard to come up with something creative and failed miserably. The shield placement is terrible and it absolutely kills displaying the piece from any other angle.

overall looks awesome.
Not sure why they switched arms with the shield excl.

Does anybody ever even display unmasked heads? Theyre basically novelty only IMO. And all they EVER end up being is another avenue for the kids to rip it apart ....
... they should start using actor autographed mini movie posters for exclusives instead.... :monkey1

You guys are such critics! This Cap movie PF is great. Sure it would be nice if he can also hold a gun but with a ES of 500, for the Ex, and a descent price of $349.99, he's a nice piece. I can see this piece skyrocketed in da future, with such demands for a Capt A.

You guys are such critics! This Cap movie PF is great. Sure it would be nice if he can also hold a gun but with a ES of 500, for the Ex, and a descent price of $349.99, he's a nice piece. I can see this piece skyrocketed in da future, with such demands for a Capt A.

What does the ES size and the price have to do with the poor likeness & poor pose of this piece?

I feel a bit bad that I went off on a rant regarding this PF, but it is quite disappointing considering it is a $350 piece when Hot Toys knocked it out of the park.

I understand your position Green but at least holding the gun would have been appropriate and just plain common sense. You have to agree that displaying the other shield on his left hand is a pretty awkward pose. It is overall a great looking piece but I think my biggest criticism is not holding a gun on his left hand......

This piece came out better than I was expecting. I think the unmasked head likeness is really good. Looks like Chris Evans as Captain America to me. Multiple display options are nice. Great detail in the suit! Pose looks fine to me too. Very heroic looking.

People get all bent out of shape over one bad angle shot.

I feel a bit bad that I went off on a rant regarding this PF, but it is quite disappointing considering it is a $350 piece when Hot Toys knocked it out of the park.

I understand your position Green but at least holding the gun would have been appropriate and just plain common sense. You have to agree that displaying the other shield on his left hand is a pretty awkward pose. It is overall a great looking piece but I think my biggest criticism is not holding a gun on his left hand......

Wouldn't be much different from the Bucky Cap now would it??

Wow. Gonna have to pass. I just cannot get over the following:

1) Unmasked "likeness" (YUCK!)

2) The way overdone pose (and holding the switch-out shield in left hand? WTF?)

3) The non-battle damaged shield is shoddy quality for a high-end PF. The 12" HT one kills it.

4) The price.

Sorry, Sideshow. A dropped ball on this one. I'd buy a 2nd Hot Toys figure before this.

Happy 4th, though.

Last edited:
I like everything about it except the pose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back