Blockbuster, The End is Nigh

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i hear sometimes you have to start saving movies when they just hit theaters to be the first to get them on netflix. i don't know if thats true or not.

"In determining priority for shipping and inventory allocation, we give priority to those members who receive the fewest DVDs through our service," Netflix's revised policy now reads. The statement specifically warns that heavy renters are more likely to encounter shipping delays and less likely to immediately be sent their top choices."

WTF? :mad:

Havent been in Blockbuster in years, they just got too expensive. You could almost buy the movie for what they charge.

I go to a place called Family Video, its a chain in OK, not sure about anywhere else. They have huge selection of recent and old movies. Cheap too.

Blockbuster will not be missed. I rented a game for the first time in years a month ago and it cost almost $9.

Seriously, $9? WTH?

Oh, and this was a game I could have BOUGHT and DOWNLOADED on the Xbox for $19.99!!

"In determining priority for shipping and inventory allocation, we give priority to those members who receive the fewest DVDs through our service," Netflix's revised policy now reads. The statement specifically warns that heavy renters are more likely to encounter shipping delays and less likely to immediately be sent their top choices."

Yep, that happened to me twice while I was a subscriber...

Only thing I'm going to miss are the used movies that have on sale. :monkey2
4/$20, 3/$20, and 2/$20.

No kidding, they also have the 2 BD for $24.99

Like I said, its a very fair company policy that is overblown by those already receiving grandios benefit from Netflix to begin with.

I easily watch 18-20 DVDs a month with zero problem.

If someone cancelled Netflix because they don't like how they wouldn't keep up with 25-30 disc/month expectation for $18 a month I'm not feeling sorry for them whatsoever.

Its like someone who already ate $50 worth of food at a $15 buffet complaining when the cook refuses to make more of something. You got far beyond your money's worth and have no basis for complaining when they cut you off.

I'm a cheap bastard, but anyone who thinks Netflix is only worth it if they can prorate the $18 monthly cost across 25 or 30 discs is REALLY CHEAP.

Old thread but I was just wondering, does Netflix also send the second special features disk that some movies get released with on rentals?

Blockbuster has recently the past couple of years only been supplying the main disk and omitting the second on newer releases.

Old thread but I was just wondering, does Netflix also send the second special features disk that some movies get released with on rentals?

Blockbuster has recently the past couple of years only been supplying the main disk and omitting the second on newer releases.

I have never got a SF disc, only the actual movie disk.

Dont know if anyone rents at Hollywood Video, but in my state of Minnesota, I got a call from a friend who works there and they afre closing all but two stores in MN. They recently filed for bankruptcy again. The video stores really are becoming a thing of the past.

Hastings took the place of BB for me years ago. They have everything from music and movies to mags, books and collectibles including SS and HT.

They're in several places here in Oklahoma. Not sure where else they are but they're a heck of a lot more fun to browse around in than BB.

Netflix is awesome though. I just cancelled BB online for them because I can stream stuff.

there's a box you can check for the extra disks when you add it to your Q

Do I care if Blockbuster goes belly up? Not in a direct sense, no. I've been using Netflix for a looong long time now. It will mark, however, the end of an era, and to that end I am slightly sad. Nostalgia, unfortunately, never seems to get in the way of progress. Simplicity always tends to win out, but easier doesnt always mean more fun. :monkey2

I think I still owe my local blockbuster like $30 in late fees :lol

I wont miss them, havent rented a movie from them in at least 5 years.

Went to my local blockbuster tonight as the Redbox line was long, and low and behold, they did away with a one night, $3 rental at my local store...just $5 for 3 days

So, their solution to redbox is to (in essence) charge me $2 more?

_____ You, Mother_____***S!!!!!!!

Back