Amazon Prime Streaming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how do I go about connecting my amazon prime to my TV. I have a bluray player and high def tv but is there anyone who can explain this to me. Do I have to connect the computer as well????

If this is just for people who want to sit down at their computer and watch a movie, then I'm not interested. I want to sit on the couch and watch high quality HD video on my widescreen TV in the living room, not a low quality stream on the little desktop monitor. I'm a long way away from streaming video with the uncompressed video/audio quality and high bitrate of Blu-ray.

If this is just for people who want to sit down at their computer and watch a movie, then I'm not interested. I want to sit on the couch and watch high quality HD video on my widescreen TV in the living room, not a low quality stream on the little desktop monitor. I'm a long way away from streaming video with the uncompressed video/audio quality and high bitrate of Blu-ray.

:exactly: :goodpost: I could not agree more.

Seriously, great post! I have someone at my work who watches movies on her little computer screen while sitting on her computer chair. To make matters worse, she watches pirated movies too. The version of Inception she watched was of some guy who brought a crappy video camera into a theatre full of people to tape the movie.

They have Xbox integration and I believe they are starting to get other integration into other devices, kind of like netflix.

You can easily stream this from your PC to your TV.

No different than Netflix streaming, the idea is you don't have to purchase everything to see it.

Would I rather see stuff in HD? Of course but it is necessary for every film? Hell no.

Maybe I need to break down and get one of these X-Box things. Though, probably won't if it needs to be connected to the PC, that just sounds weird.

Maybe I need to break down and get one of these X-Box things. Though, probably won't if it needs to be connected to the PC, that just sounds weird.

I think it works how their Media Center (or Windows 7) integration works. Xbox is just an extender to your Windows PC, so you can setup a connection and then stream everything off your PC to your Xbox.

I was reading that the new Kindle Fire will allow streaming and that you will be able to connect it directly to an HDTV through an HDMI cable. I also have Amazon Prime but didn't realize it came with the streaming video business until recently.

When I can watched it through my PS3 I will dump netflix and get this, I order a lot of stuff from Amazon, so the shipping deal with prime is well worth it for me.

Back