1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Spider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got this guy out of storage and FINALLY opened him. Great figure and I actually really like the suit!

I have a problem though and wondered if anyone has suggestions. I'm already way out of Sideshow's Warranty period but reached out to them anyways. The magnetic head has one of the internal black magnetic eyesockets that got "unglued". It's not damaged but the glue parts that stick it to the eye just gave way. Has anyone had a similar issue? I read that hair-drying the head and carefully prying the face off I can then re-glue the eye socket to the inside but wanted to see if anyone else had a similar issue. It's challenging too cause you're dealing with the magnets and they push and pull each other so doing a fix without removing the face would be tough.

IMG_3765.jpg

Just got this guy out of storage and FINALLY opened him. Great figure and I actually really like the suit!

I have a problem though and wondered if anyone has suggestions. I'm already way out of Sideshow's Warranty period but reached out to them anyways. The magnetic head has one of the internal black magnetic eye sockets that got "unglued". It's not damaged but the glue parts that stick it to the eye just gave way. Has anyone had a similar issue? I read that hair-drying the head and carefully prying the face off I can then re-glue the eye socket to the inside but wanted to see if anyone else had a similar issue. It's challenging too cause you're dealing with the magnets and they push and pull each other so doing a fix without removing the face would be tough.

Hi , I have had to do this with and iron man figure , what you could do is actually pop it in a bad and then put it in the freezer , this makes super glue brittle you could then put some thing thought the eye socked and push that would pop the back of the head of . You don't want to be prying at it on the out side might damaged the paint or mar the plastic. Be CAREFUL freezing the head to much or getting it to cold can cause paint issues as well . You might want to skip the freezing step . When I do it I put the part in a zip lock back pop it in and check on it when it gets cold to the touch I then take it out and quickly try pry it apart .

Hey guys,

How is this Spider-Man figure/suit holding out? For those who have it for some time, is it worth buying or rather wait for the next movies? I would most likely pose him in a museum or semi-dynamic pose but I am not okay if the suit gets damaged

Also, how visible is the difference between the materials of the helm (plastic) and suit?

Thanks

The stretch material Bullet Head used for their Gwen Stacey is freaking magical it truly puts the fragile HT stretch material to shame.

Sure the stitching in the BH is not as nice as HT but i?ll take that flexible sturdy material BH used over that wrinkle prone material HT uses on their Spidey and BP any day of the week.

3rd party just put HT in their place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The stretch material Bullet Head used for their Gwen Stacey is freaking magical it truly puts the fragile HT stretch material to shame.

Sure the stitching in the BH is not as nice as HT but i?ll take that flexible sturdy material BH used over that wrinkle prone material HT uses on their Spidey and BP any day of the week.

3rd party just put HT in their place.

No doubt Hot Toys is aware of it. At least I hope so. It's good for all.

I thought I?d post this figure here as it uses the unmasked head from this release.
My custom web-swinging Peter Parker. I used a DAM Toys slender muscled body, generic shirt, retailored to fit the body, the Hot Toys homecoming rucksack and hoodie, HT IW Peter head, HT Storm Shadow trainers and generic jeans. Stand is just a bent piece of alu tubing with a HT flight stand.
I started with two ?thwip? hands, but realised it would be better to have one thwip and one fist, holding the previous web. I also started off with a longer web and decided to shorten it a bit.
Web is made from a piece of .5mm flower arranging wire, with a dozen lengths of .3mm solder, held on with small solder loops, in an attempt to replicate that classic comic webbing look of several strands held together by wound pieces every so often.

Longer web and ?thwip? hand on left arm

b139feda39c88cea1ec7fdc5d9ebeffd.jpg

And the shorter webs and fist holding the previous web:

2aa3ed3f583cdb2b91a4d0ece98a7cc0.jpg

f2b7e23533c8156042eb84cc4db380e4.jpg

d6a33340b768902dc1d244f49277e569.jpg

ed131a34aa593e9b37261800695660a9.jpg

ae00cd7c628668f3942c09d2775f13b1.jpg

e6af8597deec63f32e930430fee2d4ef.jpg

And a turnaround video:

https://youtu.be/jKfUuNtccok

Recently picked this up off the secondary market, and he’s a really cool figure. I like the suit material, and think the body and height accurately capture TH’s physique in the suit pretty well. It’s my favorite MCU Spider-Man suit and with it having the most appearances, makes sense to serve as a single SM representation in a general MCU display.

E08D380E-2A8A-4C4C-838F-BBE9AF8C63A5.jpeg

Last edited:
Back