GameStop opening Deus Ex boxes, removing free game code

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're lazy, and can get in on one of their "Extra 20% when trading in towards Xgame", Gamestop can be okay.

But this business with the coupons is just deplorable. :monkey4

If you're lazy, and can get in on one of their "Extra 20% when trading in towards Xgame", Gamestop can be okay.

But this business with the coupons is just deplorable. :monkey4

Best buy has been running a 40% trade in value bonus with any preorder. Lasts until Oct 1.

So how do you return an unopened game for a full refund if they open the game before selling it to you?

Gamestop stated after this whole debacle they will accept opened copies of this game (PC version). Still terrible though.

Craigslist is pretty good for selling stuff too. Back when Rock Band came out I jumped on the wagon only to get bored quickly. I ended up selling it to a guy on Craigslist for $20 less than what I paid for it.

Sad things is that if it was anyone else but Gamestop I would almost be empathetic to the reasoning behind what they did. If this really happened the way they said it did. (not being informed about the competitor's coupon)

That type of thing would be a threat to any retailer really, promoting an online service over physical retailers. There's been some that have complained about the Steam integration. But no one had actually done anything to block it.

Just another of the many reasons to PC game. You buy the game from Steam, download it, and it unlocks right at midnight to play. No standing in line like 1957, and no stupid collector's cases. Just the game, though most of you don't seem to finish those and just want the "collector" statues according to statistics. :lol

Hmmmm....

I hope they don't open my copy of Skyrim and keep the cloth map.

I traded in some games towards my pre-order of Skyrim when they were doing the 40% trade-in bonus last month. The guy who waited on me pointed out the online survey on my receipt and asked me to take a moment to do it when I got home. He even asked me to lie if I had to because they needed the positive feedback.

Back