What's your SADDEST Star Wars moment?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I think I spelled everything right too :panic: :panic: :panic:

images

Saddest moments:
1: Solo being frozen in carbonite (I was 8 years old, Han was my favourite character - I was worried he'd be dead).
2: Watching the credits roll after Return of the Jedi thinking "that's it, star wars is over" - little did I know Lucas would bring it back in such a terrible way :( .

Me being a dumbarse 13 year old and selling all my vintage figures, ships, etc in a yard sale for next to nothing. I still wince at the thought...

Great so it's another thread that gets turned into a PT and special edition bashing. Wow!! :cuckoo:

Back to topic as a kid I have to say when Vader dies in Lukes arms.

As an adult watching the last scene with Obi Wan and Anakin in ROTS where Obi Wan tells Anakin he was like his brother while Anakin is burning. Pretty emotinal stuff!

Ep3, Vader, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!!!!!

So horrible.

I think it was when I was watching Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and realized that the prequels had effected Indy. Now there is a ____ty Indy movie and that stings more than the prequels.

Its not a moment for me, but I would say the saddest thing about the SW empire is George Lucas himself. He has made monumentally bad decisions with the franchise dating back to '97 with the first "special edition" OT all the way to the present with the blu-ray SW treatment.

Its hasn't been all bad, but overall it has just been 14 years off less than spectacular SW offerings, missed opportunities and a general lack of coherent decision making.

Agree. But also the moment that I realised the new clone wars tv series was never going to be something I could love and that led me to realise that the whole pt is really flawed and that the eu pt is actually better. :(

Hard to say I ever loved it... Of the 3 PT films and KOTCS I like ROTS and KOTCS and only mildly enjoy parts from AOTC and PM.

I still believe KOTCS could be salvaged with some smart editing to bring up the quality. Maybe take out one waterfall or three.

Back