What's your HAPPIEST Star Wars moment?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to go back to this: If you've never seen the Red Letter Media reviews of the prequels, please do. Not only are they funny as hell, but they're really insightful. Probably the best, most thorough reviews of the films I've ever seen.

Happiest moment? I guess it'd be when I finally got my hands on a Luke Skywalker v2 from Master Replicas with Mark Hamill's signature.

Search your feelings Xenophilius. You know it to be true. :vader

1404676d1300898580t-cell-therapeutics-fatturati-ipotizzati-vol-ii-nooooo10.jpg

Being blown away as a 6 year old kid in May 1977 on my frist of many viewing of at time time the film simply known as Star Wars.

Next would be Christmas of 1979 receiving the orginal Kenner 1:6 scale Han Solo, Darth Vader and Boba Fett which has since lead me down the dark path of 1:6 collecting and a severe case of empy wallet itus .

I remember a girl in my 4th grade class bringing r2d2 to class and letting me play with it at recess. This was 1978 and although I liked the toy, my Dad had somehow placed in my head that Star Wars was a really bad, over rated movie. In the tradition of getting really bad advice from my Dad over the years, I passed on the movie until 1979 when it arrived at the dollar theatre.

If I could have a "Groundhog Day," this might very well be it. Seeing Star Wars for the first time through 9 year eyes. It was magic. I then went to a local toy shop and bought a Darth Vader and I can still remember opening it up outside the store. It was too cool and I had just enough to go back for one more figure...I picked a stormtrooper and had the best time playing with them.

The best part was I spent 1979 totally in all things Star Wars and only had one year to wait for Empire. As great as Star Wars is, my favorite film is Empire. Great time to be a kid!

Just to go back to this: If you've never seen the Red Letter Media reviews of the prequels, please do. Not only are they funny as hell, but they're really insightful. Probably the best, most thorough reviews of the films I've ever seen.

The Red Letter Reviews really were the final nail in the coffin for me watching the prequels. They are dead on accurate, twisted and funny as hell. The AOTC review where he breaks down what Anakin looks for in Padme vs. What Padme is looking for in Anakin had me CRYING. "no baldies LOL"

I still can't believe the man who made Star Wars made the prequels.

Back