Banned from Evil Corp (Sideshow.com)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that how Sideshow GCs work? The balance is up in the air until Sideshow decides to actually "charge" for the item? I thought once they are input into your account, that's it. Like when people post those $20 codes in the codes thread. Once someone inputs it, even to just check the amount, they've been claimed and other people can't use the same code again.

And I can't imagine being able to retract the GCs even if you're the original buyer of the GC. If you bought a GC for a friend, then decided that friend is a jerk, you would not be able to call SS and tell them to cancel that GC, especially if it's been input into your jerk friend's account. I'm positive they would tell you "sorry, once we issue the GC it's out of our hands".

The only possibility is if the GCs were just generic Visa/MC GCs, and the person who gave away the cards used up the balances first before SS charged for the items. But salekfx clearly said they were Sideshow GCs. Unless he's mis-remembering and they really were generic Visa/MC GCs.

If I bought a SS gift card with a CC sent it to someone and then a month later I can call my CC and say I didn't make that charge and it would come up as a chargeback. A gift card is different than those codes these be purchased from SS.

I hadn’t considered that. But I would think once the Sideshow GC is bought, then that’s the end of the line. If you call your CC and tell them you didn’t make that charge (to buy the GC), but the merchandise has already been bought, then usually the CC company is responsible and just takes the hit.

But even with what you describe, that’s saying that a Sideshow GC is up in the air until the product has been purchased and I don’t think that’s how it works. The Sideshow GC is an end product. It’s not like an active CC or Debit Card that can have money taken out or put in.

People will still use SSC. No one should use 5 GC at once. It's like asking for trouble. Still surprise that anyone accept GC as a trade.

I always thought when you purchase a gift card that's it, the money is gone. The fact that they can charge them back sounds like the system is broken.

Yeah, something just isn't right with all of this.

And if the OP used the cards to buy something, wouldn't he already have the numbers because he'd have the cards? Maybe they just sent him the codes off the cards rather than the physical cards and once he spent them they cancelled them? But then if he got the codes/cards from one person, why would he need the numbers to know who gave them to him? He should already know that.

It's all so confusing! :lol

I hadn’t considered that. But I would think once the Sideshow GC is bought, then that’s the end of the line. If you call your CC and tell them you didn’t make that charge (to buy the GC), but the merchandise has already been bought, then usually the CC company is responsible and just takes the hit.

But even with what you describe, that’s saying that a Sideshow GC is up in the air until the product has been purchased and I don’t think that’s how it works. The Sideshow GC is an end product. It’s not like an active CC or Debit Card that can have money taken out or put in.
They said it's a chargeback, that's what CC companies do. CC rarely take the hit, most the time it gets charged back to seller unless can prove it wasn't their fault. When I worked retail we had people we knew would buy stuff and dispute the charge and it took me taking a photocopy of the ID , the card and signed receipt to finally win against the CC company. SS is doing the right thing, if the chargeback is on a preporder or a GC that was used on a preorder would be to cancel the order so they don't lose money.

tumblr_o5iyzjtuel1tjk4tmo2_500.gif

1c8ec2554a6b7172bd865a604b06abfd.png

What's up, Evil Corp Collectibles Forum? How's everyone on this fine Sunday?

Hmmm...I'm not going to comment on the whole gift card fiasco, but I do agree with the OP that Sideshow should have at least contacted him beforehand to notify him of the problem rather than just closing his account with no explanation. It sounds like the OP would have reimbursed them for the issue.

Hmmm...I'm not going to comment on the whole gift card fiasco, but I do agree with the OP that Sideshow should have at least contacted him beforehand to notify him of the problem rather than just closing his account with no explanation. It sounds like the OP would have reimbursed them for the issue.

After they got ripped off? Why would they care?

You like statues? I'll give you some statues for 'em. Come on man. Just one? I know you got some. I can smell 'em in your pocket. Just gimme a lil taste.

Back