Banned from Evil Corp (Sideshow.com)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never trust any gift cards. Only way Mr. Green use gift cards is by person to walk in store. Online gift is even more risky. And to accept gift cards via online trade is even more crazy. But this thread is good to know.

and yes, i am done with sideshow, i just wanted to put this out there so people are careful with gift codes, sideshow seems to have no idea on how their own gift cards work. and no way to track them down, so instead they will come after you and delete your account. like a monkey with a knife stay away from them.

14 of my big collector friends are supporting my cause and will not be buying from Evil Corp anymore. i know it means nothing to them but gotta start somewhere.

If the same person gave you all of those, then he's the one I'd go after. He basically stole from you. And why would you except gift cards as payment? Just remember that not everyone is honest just because you are.

As for Sideshow, you have to look at their side of it too. And I would try calling them again. And I certainly would be getting in touch with the one who ripped you off!

Never trust any gift cards. Only way Mr. Green use gift cards is by person to walk in store. Online gift is even more risky. And to accept gift cards via online trade is even more crazy. But this thread is good to know.

Some thieves were even going to stores like walmart, sears and best buy and were taking pics of the codes in the gift cards in the store and somehow activating them at home to buy stuff.

The cards never even left the store. By the time people buy them, they only had like 5 dollars left

Only card Mr. Green use is T-Mobile card that have silver coating that needs to be scratch, to expose the code. And of course once paid, he would go home and use it immediately. Never had a problem with them and he would never accept them as payment for anything. Can't say for the other cards out there.

I'm curious why anyone would accept a gift card as payment for a figure. PayPal only for me.

Gift cards scams are unfortunately common in e-commerce. People buy gift cards with stolen credit cards and then sell the gift cards in marketplaces like eBay or whatever.

I can't imagine OP is taking that many sales from people who are buying his stuff with Sideshow gift cards. I mean, there is PM history on the forums, it can't be that hard to track down who it was. But even then, the person who gave him the gift card is probably the fraudster anyways, so it's not like you're going to be able to track that person down.

And from Sideshow's perspective, they got scammed, they have to shut that down. Chargebacks are pretty much the nuclear option. Not surprise to see Sideshow shut someone down over that.

In any case, it's unlikely we're getting the full story here. Though, I get a kick out of OP running his mouth in the chat with CS.

"I'm a big name in the collector world"

"I'm going to make this public in the forum"

It gives us good insight into OP and doesn't make me inclined to believe that side of the story.

Always be courteous to customer service reps, "you can catch more bears with honey than by telling him he's an ugly, furry SOB."

Some thieves were even going to stores like walmart, sears and best buy and were taking pics of the codes in the gift cards in the store and somehow activating them at home to buy stuff.

The cards never even left the store. By the time people buy them, they only had like 5 dollars left

I wonder how they activate them unless they have access to the store computer programs to do it.

I wonder how they activate them unless they have access to the store computer programs to do it.
Likely purchased with stolen CC number so they look like legit purchase until later the person who's card was used called it in as fraud. Then the CC will do a chargeback (yeah accepting CC is a PIA for comapnies and most fraud go back on them unless they have absolute proof) The other option is the person bought them and then later they said it fraud knowing that they could get away with it. I have had they happen on PayPal but I had all the emails from the person whose email matched the email for PayPal which all matched the CC info. I don't know what ended up happening but I finally won and kept my money, but from what I could tell is the person was trying to scam me use a CC in PayPal and then later dispute the charge so they could get it for free.

"I'm a big name in the collector world"

"I'm going to make this public in the forum"

tumblr_o5iyzjtuel1tjk4tmo2_500.gif

What I don't understand is that Sideshow's website should not have accepted the bad Sideshow Gift Cards when Big Deal input the codes into his account. It would have said something like "Code not valid". But he was able to complete the transaction, then days (weeks? months?) later, Sideshow gets the "chargeback" alert? That doesn't make sense.

Anyway, salekfx, sorry about all of this. You will definitely be able to make your purchases elsewhere, but I know it would hurt me if I was shunned like that without being given the chance to explain or exonerate myself.

That is a great point Lu. I don't know how they could have registered as valid unless they were then cancelled after they were used. The individuals who did this scam obviously had the numbers to keep checking to see if they were used. Once they were used, they started the process to get them refunded/charge backed.

Back