Toys R' Us Bankruptcy - RIP June 29, 2018, or coming back ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Toys R' Us Files for Bankruptcy!

lol I have worked at toysrus for 11 years, and I have seen more people this last few days shopping then in any of the last 2 xmas seasons. ppl with gift cards from the 1990s are shopping now

Its sad that it takes something like a company closing to get people to flock to it. Its the same way at my local store. I did 20 years and quit 4 years ago and it looks like a mini Christmas season at the store here.

lol I have worked at toysrus for 11 years, and I have seen more people this last few days shopping then in any of the last 2 xmas seasons. ppl with gift cards from the 1990s are shopping now
I went by a couple of days ago to spend a gift card, and yeah, it was nuts. Lines snaking around the aisles. . .that's actually not too unusual at the Toys R Us, but it's typically because they will have one line open at peak hours, with a person clearly stoned handling check-out duties. When I went this time, this was the case with 3 lines manned by stoners.

I **** you not that the person checking me out was high as a kite.

Read that they are trying to bring back KB Toys to replace TRU , one thing I didn’t like is KBs crappy overpricing :slap

They need to bring back Child's World. That was a cool store if my 5 year old self remembers correctly.

I would be happy is KB learned from previous mistakes and lauched a large onine store with exclusives, point systems, and competitive pricing. Then they could also have a few brick stores as well. I got my first MOTU figure from them at the mall.

I have a friend who is part of the KB toys planned comeback. uh they are aiming more for low price items more like what you find at a 99 cent store for quick grab and go at the mall. Hope he is wrong tho.

I have a friend who is part of the KB toys planned comeback. uh they are aiming more for low price items more like what you find at a 99 cent store for quick grab and go at the mall. Hope he is wrong tho.

If Walgreens can sell stuff like Marvel legends, then I'm betting they also at least have pops, legends, etc.

Dropped by the local store. Not a single closing sign up. Only sale signs were on board games. Lots of nostalgia going in there.

Dropped by the local store. Not a single closing sign up. Only sale signs were on board games. Lots of nostalgia going in there.

All my local stores have signa outside stating that no liquidation sales have started, they dont know when they will, they will close, plus also no layaway, or applications for new credit cards and stuff, ill take a picture.

The sad part it looks like they are not restocking the merchandise they have in store so all the good stuff is being sold off before the sales begin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What 'good stuff' is at TRU anymore?

That said, I will miss TRU even though I haven't been to one in probably 10 years. But starting in 1990 and all the way thru 2002 I made a weekly trek there probably twice a week -- always on Tuesdays.

Ahhhhh..... searching thru the pegs for that 'rare' Star Wars figure... or that .00

What 'good stuff' is at TRU anymore?

A134EF02-72E0-4DC3-9DD8-E9F9B5E6306E.jpg

When I saw it last weekend, I could hear the Toys я Us music box theme song playing somewhere in my head.

Toys $ Us was an OK one stop on occasion but they killed off their competitors and became complacent. Without them sucking all the air out of the room I hope for some new markets.

Toys $ Us was an OK one stop on occasion but they killed off their competitors and became complacent. Without them sucking all the air out of the room I hope for some new markets.

I go there twice a week, they thrive on unique toys and franchises like tamashii nations that you can retail, their rewards r us program is the best one in retail. If it was sold out online you could find it it retail

0fb66fa0e9ef9a69ad78c52846333e1a.jpg

My store has 10% of videogames and accesories, 5% on systems

My store has 10% of videogames and accesories, 5% on systems

Most of these liquidation sales are for suckers, the prices are terrible and people buy it like crazy. Local sears just went last year and it was same way. Stuff was cheaper on the sears site, yet they were like locusts.

10% isn’t much of a discount; that’s pretty much you’re not paying tax. Whoo! You can get that and more, and free shipping, on Amazon for the same junk.

Back