"Batman Ninja" anime film from Takashi Okazaki - 2018

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahaha look at red hood! It's literally a paper lantern over his head. I'm actually looking forward to this as it looks fun and the animation impresses me

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Komusō

Don't know why everyone's so negative about this - it looks like an Elseworlds comic, but animated. Not a fan of 3DCG anime but this looks a lot easier on the eye than the likes of the Berserk movies and recent TV series so I'll give it a chance.

Has anyone seen Gotham Knight? It was a anime tie in to the Nolan-verse set between Batman Begins and TDK (Although nowadays it's rarely mentioned) but it featured 6 short stories with 6 different different studious, my favorite has to be "Working trough Pain".

original.gif

Watched this last night.
Firstly, do yourself a favor and watch this in Japanese with English subtitles. I watched it in english for the first 20 minutes, then restarted it in japanese. Much easier to take. The japanese voice actors for Harley and Joker are far superior.

It is equal parts stupid and brilliant. I was stunned by the glorious fights and gorgeous visuals, but also stunned by bizarre moments of idiocy and parts of the plot that were completely insane (not in a good way).

Still worth a watch, maybe even worth a purchase if you're a sucker for beautiful artwork like I am. Just make sure you're in the mood for something silly and crazy.

i always watch dubbed

never ever watch subtitles. reading subtitles ruins the viewing

plus batman is an american character. it should be seen in damned american

Worst Batman movie. Ever.

Funnily, the best part was farmer Joker.

Batman design was cool. The rest sucked.

Worst Batman movie. Ever.

Funnily, the best part was farmer Joker.

Batman design was cool. The rest sucked.

I think the main problem here is that there are Anime fans, and there are Batman fans, and DC grossly misjudged just how much overlap there is between the two.
Then they went and leaned WAY too far into the anime side of things.

It's just really sad that they wasted such beautiful artwork on a plot that was so stupid. It even started out promising, but went off the rails very quickly.
Just....Christ. Insanity.
What I thought was Clayface made up out of tiles like a Miyazaki-style monster in the trailer turned out to be, in fact, something so mind-blowingly stupid it hurts to think about it. :mad:

This could have been something so much better than it was. Seems to be the DC slogan nowadays....Wasted Potential.

Sad to hear this isn't that great. I want to check it out but will wait for black Friday to pick it up.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I think the main problem here is that there are Anime fans, and there are Batman fans, and DC grossly misjudged just how much overlap there is between the two.
Then they went and leaned WAY too far into the anime side of things.

It's just really sad that they wasted such beautiful artwork on a plot that was so stupid. It even started out promising, but went off the rails very quickly.
Just....Christ. Insanity.
What I thought was Clayface made up out of tiles like a Miyazaki-style monster in the trailer turned out to be, in fact, something so mind-blowingly stupid it hurts to think about it. :mad:

This could have been something so much better than it was. Seems to be the DC slogan nowadays....Wasted Potential.
They also kind of led us to believe some darker plot with cool twists when seeing the first reveals... then we get this crap.

WB used to make amazing DC animated movies but the last few, Batman and Harley, Gaslight, Ninja, have all been extremely mediocre at best.

WB used to make amazing DC animated movies but the last few, Batman and Harley, Gaslight, Ninja, have all been extremely mediocre at best.

And Killing Joke. That was a swing and a miss as well.
That Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay was alright. Only because it tied in to Flashpoint Paradox.

Mediocre is acceptable.

This Batman ninja is bad at best.

It looks beautiful, though. I will sometimes give garbage a passing grade if it's beautiful.
Like Suicide Squad. The plot was dumb, but thumbs-up to the creative team. There were some great visuals.

And Killing Joke. That was a swing and a miss as well.
That Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay was alright. Only because it tied in to Flashpoint Paradox.

It looks beautiful, though. I will sometimes give garbage a passing grade if it's beautiful.
Like Suicide Squad. The plot was dumb, but thumbs-up to the creative team. There were some great visuals.
It looked ok. It was nothing I have not seen before. It was very colorful, but looked the same as the Netflix Godzilla movie.

And the part part I liked the best was the worst visually. Go figure.

Oh lord, I think watching this might have really made me a little dumber. I didn’t think the story would actually be as stupid and nonsensical as it is. Who they heck at DC gave the go ahead to spend money on this utter garbage?

My condolences. You should take out for some Ice Cream and buy them a Batman Hot Toys figure each for the bad parenting you just did.

I'll make it up to them on Tuesday. We're going to see Deadpool 2 and popcorn is on me. Not sure it makes me a better parent though. :lol

Back