Toys R' Us Bankruptcy - RIP June 29, 2018, or coming back ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Toys R' Us Files for Bankruptcy!

Random question but does anyone know if TRU sells toys of the original Cloverfield monster? My son really wants one and I was going to swing by the nearest store before they closed to check.

Finally some good news on the TRU dilemma:

Smyths Toys is taking over most parts of Europe. This will result in Smyths becoming the biggest player on the European (toy) market. From what I know they were featuring many Lego exclusives for example. Also they know how to run a webshop. Having a strong European supplier who may extend globally isn't the worst szenario at the moment. I remember someone telling me that Smyths has more qualoty brands and less cheap China stuff. I can see them taking over at least bigger stores like the one on Time Square aswell. Let's see what happens in the next months. The European deal has been finalized extremely quietly.

This is the last two days of the only Omaha, NE TrU. There used to be several but this is the last one. It will close Friday. I went through today during my lunch hour and I'm puzzled why they even bothered to open the doors. Pictured below is EVERYTHING they had for sale. This is a bunch of crap that wouldn't sell if it was in a closeout bin.

They're open until Friday. They only two employees I saw looked completely bored off their @sses.

xIlp1ly.jpg

0U8LVXE.jpg

q3n27Nc.jpg

VrXkdOT.jpg

d9HElWb.jpg

My nearest TRU has officially closed.

RIP Geoffrey. :monkey2

I stopped going in a month or so ago. Easier to say goodbye.

I wanted to offer them $50 bucks for their giant "R" from the storefront, just because..well it could be kind of cool 20 years from now.. but then I thought it's too much of a hassle keeping that huge thing, it's actually a lot bigger then I imagined.

--

Back