"Batman Ninja" anime film from Takashi Okazaki - 2018

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Clown

King of the Wicker People
Reaction score
Batman Ninja, A New Anime Take on the Dark Knight, Is Coming to New York Comic Con

[SUB]Source: https://comicbook.com/dc/2017/09/29/batman-ninja-anime-is-coming-to-nycc/[/SUB]

Batman Ninja has not officially been announced yet, but according to its New York Comic Con panel description, it is a feature-length project from Warner Bros. Japan, and will be coming to the Main Stage at the Javits Center from 1:45 to 2:45 p.m. ET on Thursday.

Here is the official description from the panel:

Warner Bros. Japan and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment team for an eye-popping addition to the Batman animated legacy with Batman Ninja, a spectacular, all-new anime film coming in 2018. Be among the first to witness the premiere of colorful footage from this imaginative take on Batman and many of his connected characters.

Panelists will include director Jumpei Mizusaki, character designer Takashi Okazaki, screenwriter Kazuki Nakashima, English-language screenwriters Leo Chu & Eric Garcia and some potential special guests.

Okazaki is best known for his beloved manga Afro Samurai. Nakashima was head writer for Kamen Rider Fourze and is the head writer for Trigger's first animated series, Kill la Kill. Mizusaki is best known for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

UPDATE 10/6/17

New poster revealed with a 2018 release date.

ninjabm-720x1026.jpg

Re: "Batman Ninja" anime film from Takashi Okazaki - TBD

I really enjoyed 2008's Gotham Knight, so this grabs my attention.

Another anime? Nope, thank you.

Are they ever going to run out of things for Batman to do?

I was really hoping that Viking Batman would get a movie first. Dammit.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Another Batman movie? FFS...Since Bruce Timm left the game...everything became medicore at best...and everything is all about the ****ing Batman. Jesus...They are slowly killing their character and people are starting to getting sick of him...

I'm surprised to see they went with 3D animation.

Last edited:
Would have literally shat my pants if I saw this in eighth grade.

Now?

yawwwn.

Another Batman movie? FFS...Since Bruce Timm left the game...everything became medicore at best...and everything is all about the ****ing Batman. Jesus...They are slowly killing their character and people are starting to getting sick of him...

They are slowly killing their character and people are starting to getting sick of him...

Your evidence for this statement...

I'm a sucker for crazy animation styles and character designs. Gotham Knight was deep dark eye candy.
This looks like Gotham Knight on acid. I am so in.

I finally give up hope, thinking they have lost their spark, and they drop something crazy like this.
Does anyone know if this will be in theatres, or is this another straight to DVD release?

Back