Temple of Doom Chalice of Kali Prop Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2675.jpg

:lol That is great.

:rock

Got mine yesterday. Overall I like it, but I'm really disappointed in the lack of weight. And I agree with Husker; it just seems a bit dull. Compared to the fertility idol, I think the Idol for the same price is a better value.

Got mine yesterday. Overall I like it, but I'm really disappointed in the lack of weight. And I agree with Husker; it just seems a bit dull. Compared to the fertility idol, I think the Idol for the same price is a better value.

Maybe it was because the camera flash was too bright, but the skull almost looks like it's made of light wax compared to the photo that's on the box?

That's a great price on Amazon! I paid a little more on Ebay this last week. Should arrive soon.

If my wife ever happened to open the fridge to it, I'd be in trouble.

I got this when it came out. I agree, it's not as cool as the idol for the money. I like my 1/4 scale Ark more too. Once I got this I realized I really didn't have a great place to stick it. Ended up putting it on the bottom shelf of the detolf with Indy, SGt Barnes and Beachhead standing around it.

For $120.00 though and 2 left, I'm pissed this has lost that much value already (idol and ark have doubled). That said, that's a good price and if you are on the fence I would definately recommend it for that price.

My chalice arrived yesterday -great piece! While it definatley has the feel of a collectible than a prop. I'm very happy with it. It was tremendous gross and cool factor.

Think Irish is right, it should climb in value once the market goes thin. Same thing happened to the Idol. Wish I'd gotten in on it. I had ample chances.

Picked this up last week from a local online shop. Finally decided to get one. Overall it is really well done and displays great.
The paint app kind of weakens the underlying sculpting as usual but lets face it, it's just a rotting dead guy's head!
Temple of doom always suffers from lack of praise or labelled as weakest, darkest of the original movies, but seeing a
Piece like this in front of you, you remember how 'gritty' and 'raw' it was and remains one of indy's toughest adventures.

Would love to see more indy props sideshow, there are collectors out there that want them!

Don't buy from ReelArt.. he makes horrible products. His pictures are not real pictures of half the crap he sells, and a lot of it is most likely recast.

If you want a decent/cheaper headpiece, you can get the ACME. It's around 100.

If you want accurate and as near to perfection as you can get? Relicmaker's hp's are amazing. Around 350-400 depending, but worth every penny. His IMAM version is hard to find, but he may have a few left if you pester him. He still does an open run (i think) of the very rare Raven Bar version that nobody had really produced before. I have both, and they are amazing. He also made staff attachments for them. He's currently working on a metal version of the nazi hp, taken from tohts hand. It'll be about 60-70 i think. Look him up on the RPF if you are interested.

But seriously.. don't support a tool like ReelArt. He's a stain on the Indy Prop community.

Thanks for posting that, Husker. You don't know how many times I've considered ReelArt's Fertility Idol since I missed out on Sideshow's. I have to get talked off the ledge every time!

Absolutely! I highly recommend the club obi-wan boards and the rpf as great sources for more indy props of good value. Gobler, Sskunky, and many others have made various idols that are all very accurate and beautiful! None of them are cheap. And I was lucky enough to score a sideshow which i'm very pleased with. But it's all up to you on how accurate you want it to be, and how much you want to spend. If you are really desperate you could probably just get the piggy bank, plug the slot, and spray paint the thing and it would look better than reel arts! haha. Thankfully, it's a pretty popular prop, so lots of versions will continue to probably pop up over the years!

Back